easy wy to lit an entire map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Second what Jay said about the post process lighting. Though it's definitely not the only type of lighting you want to rely on.

An easy way to see how this works is to go to an Epic map, search for "PostProcessing" and copy and paste that post processing volume over to your map.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It might also be worth raising the indirect intensity of your skylight. This should make shadows much less harsh

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Try placing a post process volume in the map. Check the unbound flag then look for where it says ambient cube map. Set the intensity to something you like and place any cube map texture.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's called a skylight

Think of it as ambient lighting. To light the whole map with a skylight setting it to 3 or 5 intensity is probably enough. Later when you add proper light sources you'll want to lower it (1 works well with plenty of sources).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yes use a particular type of light. there is spot directional etc. forget the exact name but one is a skylight type light.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic easy wy to lit an entire map?

easy wy to lit an entire map?

Hello!

I want to ask if theres any way to lit a map with only one lighting or other actor? For example in the unreal tournament 99 editor i could put a zonelight or a zoneinfo and then my entire map was lit. I couldnt find such stuff in the current editor. I just want to experiment first with some stuff and dont want to spend time with lighting.

Any suggestion or ideas?

Thx in advance.
Working...
X