Curious question with bsp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious question with bsp

Hey guys, I have a rather curious question regarding BSP, how do you know how many extrusions or vertices you need to create the desired shape? What is the method you use to figure out what's required for the shape in question?

I am playing with BSP on a test map and currently figured out a few things but I wanted some more advanced bsp before I mesh out later on just to get a feel for the levels looks

Vertigo,

The process would be similar to creating a 3D mesh externally, it's kind of adding vertices 'as you go' with trial and error. Generally speaking try and use the least amount of vertices to achieve a shape as you can.

Regards.

Comment

If youre in the shelling process, then you need as many bsp ext/verts as required to achieve what you see as the "playable" area. the bsp shell should be a representation of what is playable and as close as possible to the final blocking extents. Theres no real limit on this, as youll be far exceeding the playable means before you exceed the engines tolerance.

Comment

Working...
      X