Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by MoxNix View Post
    1. You have more than 4 dynamic lights (stationary or movable) with overlapping radi (sunlight actor counts as one, so that only leaves 3 more). Change them to static and the X's go away. It's probably best to just make all lights (except sun) static at first.

Also, in View Modes (the button that says Lit in the viewport) you can change it from "Lit" to "Stationary Light Overlap" to better see which lights are overlapping.

2. Details panel > Alignment > Align Surface Fit

BTW, if you haven't already found it, read the first post in this thread

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...vel-Design-BSP

It'll save you a lot of questions.

cheers. just experimenting with water/bio pits

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1. You have more than 4 dynamic lights (stationary or movable) with overlapping radi (sunlight actor counts as one, so that only leaves 3 more). Change them to static and the X's go away. It's probably best to just make all lights (except sun) static at first.

Also, in View Modes (the button that says Lit in the viewport) you can change it from "Lit" to "Stationary Light Overlap" to better see which lights are overlapping.

2. Details panel > Alignment > Align Surface Fit

BTW, if you haven't already found it, read the first post in this thread

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...vel-Design-BSP

It'll save you a lot of questions.
    Last edited by MoxNix; 06-19-2015, 10:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Try looking in Content/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP

Thanks for that last one. I now have Bio-goo-pits! my attempt at building deck16 is coming on ok now it has Bio-goo-pits - (i figured out how to create the pain causing volume and the gaussian blur volume... from 'volumes')

Seeing as you are one of the few who answer questions, can i trouble you for two other quickies please?

1. Why do lights sometimes have a RED X on them when you move them around? I assume it is a 'proximity to other lights' thing (example: green lights inside the goo-pit)... I can get it to stop doing it by moving them until it stops, but it'd be nice to know the actual rule... It doesn't seem to be related to overlapping light distance circles, or is it?.... is there a rule/explanation written down about this somewhere?

2. is there a REALLY simple way to scale textures applied to something like a box, so i can get one repeat or 4 repeats or whatever of the pattern to exactly cover the surface?

cheers for any help.

Here's my Deck16 so far

https://youtu.be/Q0sckOfQXrc
    Last edited by nasty; 06-19-2015, 09:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    cheers mate.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NATO_chrisjm View Post
    My advice is to open up Deck and take a look at how it's done there. Just a tip, look for a volume where the slime is. If you're still having difficulties later I'll give you some more help

open it in the editor? i dont get it, it's not available to open. i can load it on a windows box as a map in a game but that doesnt show me how it's made

sorry I dont get it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My advice is to open up Deck and take a look at how it's done there. Just a tip, look for a volume where the slime is. If you're still having difficulties later I'll give you some more help

Leave a comment:

• started a topic How do you make a Bio-Goo pit?

How do you make a Bio-Goo pit?

Making a bio-goo pit like in deck 16. if you fall in you choke gradually & die.

is there a tut on this anywhere, I cant find anything?
Working...
X