Dynamic lighting bugs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamic lighting bugs...

So I have a fan with 3 movable lights on above it, hoping it projects some cool, real time shadows around the place. I use Epic's blueprint for rotating a static mesh (the one used on the fans in Outpost 23), and here is the result:

I get a cyclic variation in the lighting of the mesh affected by the blueprint. It's like it going from its lit version to an unlit version and loops this process all the time. I have really no clue where this bug is coming from...
    RASTE IN PEACE !
    Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
    Weapon: Redeemer

It could be a couple things. My first guess is its picking up reflections from other nearby capture points. Which will effect it's lit appearance. Try placing a capture actor below the fan. You also mentioned having 3 movable lights? That could cause issue,s of I'm not mistaken you should avoid overlap between dynamic lights. The last thing i can think of is if your using image based lighting in you post process volume. Try disabling that to see what it looks like. Barring that just rebuild the scene one light at a time and try to see where it breaks
    Mike :aka: thatscrawnykid
    Artist for Chaos: UT

Comment

I don't have much experience in this area, but I did play with fans myself. is the interpactor set to receive dynamic shadows and do you have your light souces set to movable?

Comment

Did you find the solution? I'd be interested in knowing what caused this.
        Mike :aka: thatscrawnykid
        Artist for Chaos: UT

Comment

Working...
        X