Weather Volumes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather Volumes

In UEd for 2kx we could use volumes to control where effects were displayed and not displayed. We could choose to have an effect display only within designated volumes and we could also do the opposite set up certain volumes where the effect would not be displayed.

Does anyone know if there's something similar in 2k4? I have various emitters for snow, smoke, dust etc., I want to be visible in the outside parts of the map but not inside buildings.

Originally posted by MoxNix View Post
    In UEd for 2kx we could use volumes to control where effects were displayed and not displayed. We could choose to have an effect display only within designated volumes and we could also do the opposite set up certain volumes where the effect would not be displayed.

Does anyone know if there's something similar in 2k4? I have various emitters for snow, smoke, dust etc., I want to be visible in the outside parts of the map but not inside buildings.

I had a similar question regarding old volumes we use to use for certain effects of game play (or environment for your case) on "non pain causing" in a certain room! ... so while your in that room you would take no damage if someone was to try and frag you while in that room!

I know blueprints seem to be the preferred method of achieving these kind of effects but it would seem so much simpler to be able to check a box in the properties of the current volumes we have to use for these simple things we use to have in previous versions of the editor! ... like the old saying... if its not broke, don't fix it! .

@Mox the snow might work utilizing like a planemeshes like they did with UT3 if I remember correctly!? ... might be one way to achieve your effect there!?

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

Comment

Working...
    X