Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OFFICIAL] Facing Worlds Discussion

Hi!

Facing Worlds just went live in the build and I wanted to make a post to gather any feedback and discussion. Let me know what you guys think!

[screenshot]https://forums.unrealtournament.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19928&d=1442432086[/screenshot]
    Attached Files

Very nice to see the classic Face return

It is awesome you stayed true to the original by importing the basic shell, adjust the scale and then made it pretty. From the OP pic, it look visually simple, light and even have the classic mood to it which is great!

I like those brick / rocks meshes !

Will try it asap
    Stevie's corner
    Maps, DM-Dakylian A2, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
    Links, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

I love it so much!

Performance:
      - runs fluidly even on my crappy laptop (2,4 Ghz Pentium dual, 8750M, 8GB RAM)
      - 50-80 FPS unlike other meshed maps. Nice optimisation!

Visuals:
      - stunning visuals even on lowest settings. I really feel like I am playing a next-gen game

Movement:
      - few issues here and there but brilliant in general
      - I love "steps" on outside walls - the width and distance feels better than on shell
      - when hiding above the flag on one of the posts (left and right if you look straight on the flag), it is now almost impossible to wall dodge from one to another - it was possible in the sheel. It is sometimes useful.

- compared to shell I have a feeling as if FOV changed - but not necessarily negative
      - I like the top floor design and dimensions
      - udamage feels higher than was .. just a metter of time I guess

9,8/10
      Attached Files

Comment

Just played the map together with Rainmaker_CZ, the flow is great, the visual look stunning, and it feels like it should. I do like the scaling of some area's tho i think the flagjumps are a bit too easy right now, you hardly lose health when u make a jump from the deemer or sniper area, it's alot easier now for a EFC to get away.
        | Designer | Copywriter | Writer | Editor | Soundtrack lover | Known as 7eVeN^ since UT'99!
        Follow me at Twitter @Mcjansen

Comment

First off I applaud your work, visually it looks awesome. I spent a good amount of time just looking down at the planet. Its a lot of work to get a map polished and as pretty as that, I hope one day I can be that good. However...

Honestly, its too cluttered. The visual clarity is just gone, covered over by pretty graphics and an amazing skybox. The blue team blends in so well with the sky. I can no longer see players that are on the sides of the towers from across the map. I just dont understand the theme. You want OutPost theme, great do it, you want Titan theme, awesome do that. Dont combine the two though into some sort of half titan half outpost, its confusing and a lot of the meshes look out of place. I think the map would be much more impressive if you ripped out all the Outpost meshes and stuck with a Titan theme. Or if you want Outpost, get rid of the broken bricks and 2,000 year old castle theme and stick with the sharp new and fresh to go along with high technology. I just dont understand why you would take what looks like 2,000+ year old falling apart buildings and put a bunch of high tech into them.

Like I said its a very pretty map, just needs to stop being so bi-polar and clean up its visuals a bit and you will have the makings of a winner.
          Last edited by PayBack; 09-16-2015, 09:12 PM.
          PayBack

Comment

Originally posted by -jay- View Post
            Honestly, its too cluttered. The visual clarity is just gone, covered over by pretty graphics and an amazing skybox. The blue team blends in so well with the sky. I can no longer see players that are on the sides of the towers from across the map.
            Agreed. Blue is stealth mode on this map.

Skybox feels broken being static like this. It could be amazing if rotating around. For technical reasons I don't see that happening, but focusing on realism in this case is inhibiting coolness.
            Additionally, the sun placement is directly favoring one team. That should never happen.

Originally posted by -jay- View Post
            I just dont understand the theme. You want OutPost theme, great do it, you want Titan theme, awesome do that. Dont combine the two though into some sort of half titan half outpost, its confusing and a lot of the meshes look out of place. I think the map would be much more impressive if you ripped out all the Outpost meshes and stuck with a Titan theme.
            Yep. The tech inside is very out of place.
            Join Project: Open Tournament: Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Why doesn't the sky rotate!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

Also, I think the sky needs more star action. Some constellations would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Quadj130 View Post
                Why doesn't the sky rotate!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

Also, I think the sky needs more star action. Some constellations would be cool.
                Watch today's Twitch stream...
                Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Originally posted by M^uL View Post
                  Watch today's Twitch stream...
                  "maybe we'll do that in the future" doesn't seem very promising

Comment

Wow very cool and nice Map i love It good work epic

Comment

Is anybody else having problems with the sun effects that only show up correctly while not looking directly at the sun?

Attached Files

Comment

Well the map is surely nice but I really don't like the mesh mix you did. I'd rather a total scifi theme or a complete medieval look instead of the current one. It doesn't look consistent at all (imo)

Comment

I have to agree.. the Sci-fi feels so out of place.

Comment

I guess the logical reasoning would be that Liandri found this weird castle relic thing floating in space, and added some new structural elements to it to make it fit for tournament use. It looks a bit weird but I don't have any big problems with it

Comment

Yo! I have an idea! Can we like have that space ship from Unreal 1 placed to this map?
                              Would be nice to see it float somewhere near those towers!
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	339931

Comment

Working...
                              X