Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OFFICIAL] Titan Pass Discussion

Hey guys,

Now that v1 of CTF-TitanPass has hit the wild it's time to start the official thread! There are still a few things we are aware of that we would like to improve on or fix, but regardless of that, we would love to hear your thoughts and feedback on any and all aspects concerning the level.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    Attached Files

-Beautiful meshwork, textures and reflections
    -Red has a visibility advantage due to less coloring on blue base, making blue players easier targets
    -Closest Titan unfortunately from certain angles looks a bit like it has a ******* hanging down due to position of red coloring on furthest leg (you did say "any and all aspects")
    -Feels easier to see where I'm going as everything is not so samey looking as in the BSP version

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
    Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

It looks beautiful, plays pretty good, and the backstory doesn't make sense. The... verran was it called? Who were they?

Just a nitpick IMHO. Still a fun map.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
        -Closest Titan unfortunately from certain angles looks a bit like it has a ******* hanging down due to position of red coloring on furthest leg (you did say "any and all aspects")

Hmmm. Confirmed.
        Attached Files

Comment

I don't know what it is about them, but I LOVE the mossy cliff rocks. They really pop in a way that seems just stylized enough to look super interesting and gorgeous to me. I imagine it's to do with the lighting, and wow, it really really works.

Originally posted by SX View Post
          It looks beautiful, plays pretty good, and the backstory doesn't make sense. The... verran was it called? Who were they?

Just a nitpick IMHO. Still a fun map.
          I'm not sure the specifics of the two factions are really important, or need to be elaborated upon for it to "make sense". To me, the map's story (such as it is) says more about the colonial and exploitative nature of Liandri's business practices, and since Liandri is an recurring part of the game's lore, I think it fits well.

Comment

Originally posted by cafe View Post

Hmmm. Confirmed.
            LMFAO!!!

Map really is very pretty! Awesome work
            MyArtstation
            @jayoplus

Comment

Hello, this map looks fantastic. Really good work. This is exactly what i expect from a new UT game.

BUT, But i think theres some adjustment needed. The graphics is little bit heavy sometimes theres just too many things on screen. Plus the players are blending into the surroundings too hard at some places. its really not easy to spot enemies. even if i set the game graphics to low lvl. i think its the combination of the texture colors and the lighting.

While my first reaction of the new Faceclassic map was "****, the visibility of the characters are great", i have the opposite feeling playing this map.

Comment

***** in every map.

Jokes aside, fantastic work! It has that unreal feel but it's really crisp.

Comment

Thanks Epic and Sid for the very very cool and nice Map i like the Style from the Map

Comment

Just a little nitpicking on the shadows and the sun position. It seems the sun is placed relatively low to where the light is really coming from.
                    Example screenshot: The green lines show how the shadow should be. So the skybox sun should be raised.

Attached Files

Comment

It really is a thing of beauty....running around in it the first time i had the same feeling, from 16 years ago when I first ran round the quake 3 levels, I compare it to that because it has that same effect, where you look at the level of detail and you just cant help but be impressed, today with the level of detail in games its not easy to make something that has that effect but this was well worth the wait.....it even has stone *****'s that appear in your peripheral vision
                      https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sm.zombieultra

Comment

I think map is good to show what UE is all about, but not good in terms of gameplay. Epic again went overboard with graphic details, just too many stuff going on. That is not good for competitive play. Funny thing is that outpost and outside were more playable with no textures, that is just not good. Maybe the problem is that non of competitve player is texturing map and they don't know what we are talking about. Keep it simple guys that's the beauty of it. I'm afraid that almost every Epic map will not be for competitve gaming. For me strange thing is when I see screenshots of maps and player models and everything looks so clean but when I see those thing in game its not half as good as on pitcures. Maybe something is wrong with my pc

Comment

I agree, it's way too overburdened with details. In the central area, the stuff going on outside the play space is competing too much for you attention. Other stuff, like some of the ramps, are made up of too many pieces and it just adds to the visual weight of it all. It's great that you can do all this great looking stuff real time now, but it just does not work for a fast paced arena shoot, where the gameplay itself is visually intense. If this was a single player RPG, I'd be loving it. And the lighting seems off in some areas. It's way too bright around the minigun area for me.

Comment

Looks great, plays horrible, runs horrible on my high end system. I will be avoiding this map until improvements are made.
                            PayBack

Comment

Looks really great, suprisingly so. It's a bit like running around in a Gooba concept art except it's actually the real deal. :P Unlike previous person I have no probs with performance, 140 ~ 230 (175~190 avg) fps @ 1680x1050, GTX 970 overclocked and i5-4690K @ 4.3GHz on epic quality settings excepts Effects quality which is set to "High" as effects quality seems to slow down the game sometimes. So with that in regard, I consider this game running suprisingly good for being not overly peformance optimized yet and being pre-alpha/alpha. In comparison to UT3 when it hit the shelves where I had like 40 - 80 FPS @ 1280x960 on quite decent hardware at the time before upgrading.
                              Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 09-17-2015, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X