Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pistola BattleGrounds

Hey everyone,
    Posting this here since CTF-Pistola is now on the market place. I will still gather feedback from the previous thread as I work to complete the map (after the event).
    Thanks again to everyone who has provided feedback thus far. To MaxCarnage for the awesome map music and folks at Epic for feedback and the "pretties" ^_^

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Cheers all.
    MyArtstation
    @jayoplus

I know I'm beating a dead horse but:
    -move weapons back to original locations
    -fix map music so that it is liked to music volume and not master volume
    -reduce non-gameplay assets in mid. It's a very big area to render as-is and eye-candy stuff doesn't really help with that. Maybe consider replacing grass with something else less costly, removing inaccessible meshes, etc.

Overall love the map and it's so close to being perfect, it's just a few small thing that are generating a lot of negative feedback. I think once they are fixed people will play the map a lot more.

Comment

Z-fighting.

I don't know, but to me these giant drills should make a sound, even if it's a quiet one.

Comment

Nice job, Jayoplus.
        Clan:{TDC}The Demolition Crew
        Steam Group:UT-LGI
        http://cache.www.gametracker.com/ser...FFF_000000.png
        http://cache.www.gametracker.com/ser...FFF_000000.png
        UT4:192.223.24.155:7777
        http://streambadge.com/twitch/custom.../tdcmatrix.png

Comment

Hey Jayo,

This level is a ton of fun, I certainly enjoy it from a gameplay point of view. The visual are also really strong here, really great work.
          Also thumbs up to Max for making the soundtrack, also very good work.

Glad to see another community driven map in the official pool !
          Congrats on that archievement to both!: )
          Nonemms Music Thread DM-Lea(Youtube Soundcloud )
          Fabian Joosten - composer for media

Comment

Not much to say other than the map is really fun and looks great and scaling feels perfect for this installment.

Comment

Well, I must say it look fantastic, the scale is great and play very well

I'm not a competitive player and item placement is fine for me

I already post some feedback in the WIP thread so this post is about new things I just notice while playing the first final version.

- Notice the effect on the floor while going forward / backward by 1 centimeter ?
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Pistola1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	616.8 KB
ID:	341554 Click image for larger version

Name:	Pistola2.jpg
Size:	616.0 KB
ID:	341555

- The sound actor speed must be on par with the fan rotation speed.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Pistola3.jpg
Size:	612.8 KB
ID:	341556

In all, excellent work Jay !!! Love the map and looking forward the next release
              Stevie's corner Maps, DM-Akar A1, DM-Aryth R1, DM-Aly R1, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta Links, All UT4 CTF custom maps, All UT4 remakes, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

for me it's just too many details, too many diffrent stuff in there, and way too shiny, everthing sparcles, I don't like, I like have less materijals, keep it simple but beatifull, this map is not that. Sorry.

Comment

Hey Jayo, first of all fantastic map with stunning visuals! Love the interior design of the bases especially! If i want maps without materials or shiny prettiness I can play the older Unreal Tournament games. Haven't found some cool rewarding flag-carrier trickjumps yet (yeah i'm a fan of those, hence my outpost23 movement tutorial xD) but anyway..

I suck at CTF but there's one thing I noticed during my run through the map, which is affecting the gameplay. There seems to be an issue with the jumppad near the flag. The wallrun provides a good quick escape after capturing the flag, but in some cases the jumppad is a bit buggy and doesn't catapult you up the platform. The issue may either be a tiny misplacement of the jumppad or the pipe that i shoot at at the end of the video.

In the video I do the move three times. First try doesn't work, second try works, third try doesn't work. And in my opinion that is a bit too random, so it might be worth to spend a bit time to adjust this area a bit

Keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by cafe View Post
                    I know I'm beating a dead horse but:
                    -move weapons back to original locations
                    -fix map music so that it is liked to music volume and not master volume
                    -reduce non-gameplay assets in mid. It's a very big area to render as-is and eye-candy stuff doesn't really help with that. Maybe consider replacing grass with something else less costly, removing inaccessible meshes, etc.

Overall love the map and it's so close to being perfect, it's just a few small thing that are generating a lot of negative feedback. I think once they are fixed people will play the map a lot more.
                    Hah. So I've tweaked weapon placement to be back to the original map. ^_^
                    I honestly don't know what to do about the music, short of taking it out (and I really don't want to do that since Max already did such a great job on it). I believe this is a bug that it is not being affected by the settings menu for music though so hopefully should be fixed soon.

Originally posted by Terg500 View Post
                    Z-fighting.

I don't know, but to me these giant drills should make a sound, even if it's a quiet one.
                    Fixed.

Originally posted by tdcmatrix View Post
                    Nice job, Jayoplus.
                    Thanks man.

Originally posted by Nonemm View Post
                    Hey Jayo,

This level is a ton of fun, I certainly enjoy it from a gameplay point of view. The visual are also really strong here, really great work.
                    Also thumbs up to Max for making the soundtrack, also very good work.

Glad to see another community driven map in the official pool !
                    Congrats on that archievement to both!: )
                    Cheers Nonemm. Thanks.

Originally posted by RPGWiZ4RD View Post
                    Not much to say other than the map is really fun and looks great and scaling feels perfect for this installment.
                    Thanks for the kind words.

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
                    Well, I must say it look fantastic, the scale is great and play very well

I'm not a competitive player and item placement is fine for me

I already post some feedback in the WIP thread so this post is about new things I just notice while playing the first final version.

- Notice the effect on the floor while going forward / backward by 1 centimeter ?

- The sound actor speed must be on par with the fan rotation speed.

In all, excellent work Jay !!! Love the map and looking forward the next release
                    The decal popping was actually fixed before the CTF event.
                    For the audio, yea, I've tried to sync it but since I'm using stock assets, there are limits. The only solution I can find is speeding up the actual fan meshes, but that will be too distracting for gameplay purposes. Thanks again.

Originally posted by scratch View Post
                    for me it's just too many details, too many diffrent stuff in there, and way too shiny, everthing sparcles, I don't like, I like have less materijals, keep it simple but beatifull, this map is not that. Sorry.
                    :-) Thanks. I'll do my best to improve my work in the future.

Originally posted by zedmaster View Post
                    Hey Jayo, first of all fantastic map with stunning visuals! Love the interior design of the bases especially! If i want maps without materials or shiny prettiness I can play the older Unreal Tournament games. Haven't found some cool rewarding flag-carrier trickjumps yet (yeah i'm a fan of those, hence my outpost23 movement tutorial xD) but anyway..

I suck at CTF but there's one thing I noticed during my run through the map, which is affecting the gameplay. There seems to be an issue with the jumppad near the flag. The wallrun provides a good quick escape after capturing the flag, but in some cases the jumppad is a bit buggy and doesn't catapult you up the platform. The issue may either be a tiny misplacement of the jumppad or the pipe that i shoot at at the end of the video.

In the video I do the move three times. First try doesn't work, second try works, third try doesn't work. And in my opinion that is a bit too random, so it might be worth to spend a bit time to adjust this area a bit
                    Keep up the good work!
                    Yea, I've noticed some wonkiness there, too. I'm looking into it and hopefully can come up with something that sorts it out.
                    Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.
                    I am currently working to update the map so if there are any other major concerns that I can look into, please feel free to share them.

Thanks.
                    MyArtstation
                    @jayoplus

Comment

Great work jayoplus, plays really well.

The two things that bother me the most are insane shininess and excessive detalization, so I'm with Cafe and Scratch on this one.
                      I see discrepancy in that it is industrial facility where every surface is visibly worn-out and rusty and yet they shine like diamonds.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Fantastic work, looks and plays very professional! Thank you Jayoplus!
                        Running the Mega Hub for everyone to enjoy!

Comment

Is it in any way possible to install this map and play on it in the offline self-compiled version of Unreal Tournament obtained through github? As far as I've been able to find the map is now only available through the marketplace, which only sets a flag in my Epic Games account so that I am able to play it in the online ''official'' version, but it does not get downloaded anywhere (it is already installed in the .pak file of the official installation) and I can not move it around.

If it is not possible to use the map the way I'd like currently, would it be possible to make that possible? I'd like to use the map for some AI research I'm doing, where I want to have custom bots playing against the built-in bots, and I'd like to use this map too for that. Obviously I need to do this using the self-compiled github version and cannot do this through the official version of Unreal Tournament.

Comment

Where can i download it? There is an "owned" button in the marketplace,but it's disable.

Comment

to whoever is responsible for updating/maintaining the map: after the playerscale change this hammerjump is no longer possible because you hit your head, ceiling must be made taller

this is an issue with almost every map, lots of movement options after playerscale change are unavailable or extremely restricted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMHub8SAQRI&t=465
                              Last edited by userod; 05-02-2016, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X