Chill Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MANIAK07 View Post
    Solution is simple. Add option "Turn off map's textures" or "Turn on simple textures". After that everybody will be happy. Players who like super graphic and players who don't care great graphic (included me). Btw you can add a trap under shield belt area, something similar like in Fractal but in middle age style with blades, axes, spikes etc.

Meshed maps do not contain the simplified BSP geometry. Therefore this 'simple' trick will not work. The only way would be to keep and reference the old WIP-she'll and load that instead the meshed version. But this needs to be done for all players, so basically it's like playing a different map.

Comment

The simple solution would be to add team colored outlines on the models. Then visual clarity wouldn't get in the way of the artists vision and vice versa. You wouldn't even need to have team colored skins on the models anymore.

Comment

I know this video is doom and all, but Unreal was once a gory fest with good visual clarity and brutal fun. Just like this. This atmosphere and environment. The path of Unreal with Chill and Outside for example, it looks like UT just "suit up" and went CoD style. Generic and busy environment, really earthly. Generic, but impressive in graphics. A sci-fi game called Unreal, yet, it looks quite real to me as the months keep rollin'.

But, I do love the overall gameplay. It's been fun. Chill for example is really cool and tons of fun. The art style just cracked me up really.
        Last edited by HeisenbergTrip; 03-13-2016, 10:25 PM.
        work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

I get a big fps drop when up on sniper ledge looking towards the centre on an empty map on lowest settings.

GPU load was only 50% and CPU cores on an Intel E5450 @ 3.8GHz were hovering below 60% each. No amount of ini tweaks seems to fix this. changing resolution from 1080p to 720p had no effect.

I can only assume that this map is CPU intensive with the excessive physics effects of moving cloth, trees, particles and ropes, which is what's bottlenecking everything else. Inside I manage to hit 120fps.
          Last edited by L1NK-; 03-15-2016, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Chill has some really nice materijals and some not that nice Overall I think there are too many materijals... But its defenetly alot better than Outpost (Outpost with that verry fist pic that Perna showed us alot time ago could be verry good map, I was so happy when I saw it but when final version was relased I was disaponeted). I think Epic is listetning and they will work on this "problem"
            Last edited by scratch; 03-16-2016, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Chill looks great, but it's impossible to see your enemy (as on every other textured map). Doom has the same problem, visual clarity is maybe just a bit better.

If we are going to play on super-high quality maps, then only help for visual clarity are brightskins. Not "wanna be" brightskins, just real glowing skins.
              Last edited by rAge.; 03-17-2016, 06:38 PM.
              http://forum.unreal.pl/image.php?u=2...ine=1223384883
              Polish community DISCORD server: https://discord.gg/eMRKbAg Join us if you are Polish and let's play some 4v4

Comment

Originally posted by scratch View Post
                Chill has some really nice materijals and some not that nice Overall I think there are too many materijals... But its defenetly alot better than Outpost (Outpost with that verry fist pic that Perna showed us alot time ago could be verry good map, I was so happy when I saw it but when final version was relased I was disaponeted). I think Epic is listetning and they will work on this "problem"

i find Outpost has recently even improved in visibility. Looks like some of the materials gave been changed to be less bright improving over all visibility. The same is valid for Lea. Instead of the original dark blue, then less dark blue now it changed to a bit more grey style material which is welcome from my side. Also Face seems a bit brighter to me, especially the blue base.

good things need time to develop, like wine or whisky

Comment

Originally posted by HeisenbergTrip View Post

I know this video is doom and all, but Unreal was once a gory fest with good visual clarity and brutal fun. Just like this. This atmosphere and environment. The path of Unreal with Chill and Outside for example, it looks like UT just "suit up" and went CoD style. Generic and busy environment, really earthly. Generic, but impressive in graphics. A sci-fi game called Unreal, yet, it looks quite real to me as the months keep rollin'.

But, I do love the overall gameplay. It's been fun. Chill for example is really cool and tons of fun. The art style just cracked me up really.
                  wow this looks amazingly fun

Comment

Like the visual and the layout, but music is too boring.
                    My map: CTF-MarketCrossing (WIP)

Comment

This is probably well known but you can get on this coal basin on the wall in the Redeemer room, unlike the other wall ornaments you do not slide off of it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160322213034_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	306.3 KB
ID:	345115

Comment

The map looks really cool with the new graphics, the problems, as always, the lighting, inside the buildings the map looks very dark, and in the outsides, oh hell, MY EYES BURN, it is like The Simpsons chapter where they make a movie of RadioactiveMan: THE GOGGLES THEY DO NOTHING. I always play with settings on low and with r.eyeadaptationquality 0 and gamma 2.5, those are some pics:

First one with r.EyeAdaptationQuality 0

Name:	Bu5wuA6.jpg
Size:	335.0 KB
ID:	345202

Second one with r.EyeAdaptationQuality 1

Name:	yuOG7CL.jpg
Size:	301.4 KB
ID:	345203

Really, it is impossible to see anything in the outside, and if you put gamma in a low level for allow see something, inner areas are hell.
                        [SPA][.Trûñeros Fardones - Masilla Squad.] - To flak or not flak, that is the question.

Comment

Hello I really enjoyed the shelled dm_chill but this meshed one(while looking gorgeous) has killed some of the so called "next-level-bull****" jumps that we all love. I don't know how to embed a video on here but I have made a quick recording to display a bug that is extremely flow breaking, which is being unable to hammer-jump from the arches because the snow asset ontop of them wants to simulate real life physics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0sp...ature=youtu.be

I really hope the author can fix this up before the next build.

Comment

I just want to point out that flat ceilling looks weird in Flak room. Something arched probably would suit better. I remember that i noticed some decal stretching or something in that room too. Also wood from which belt platform is built seems to saturated and fresh. Not affected by weather.

Thats just minor stuff. Not really issues but you might look into them if you will happen to open the map for some other fixes.
                            Unofficial Enforcer Model
                            Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

Hi Rick & the other art guys at Epic,

just found that in the the current build (0.1.2) some of the snowy trees are now completly white (white leaves/needles) while others are green & snowy like i nteh previous builds. But these while trees look a bit strange and out of place, was not the case previously. Look between the sniper tower and the shield belt, where both are visible.

Attached Files

Comment

This submit should be in the next build that comes out (0.1.9)

DM-Chill:
                                -Adjusted post process and evened out auto exposure quite a bit.
                                -Relit level, different sun direction to improve both visibility and visuals. Relit interiors to compensate for post changes.
                                -Tweaked contrast and color of castle materials in the map
                                -Cleaned up background and changed/improved vista so that players and sillouettes are more easily read in the outside
                                -Reduced a bunch of noise in the vert painting/decals around the level, especially at player height.
                                -Brought Dirt/Mud back to lower level to help seperate the 2 floors and make the level more readable in a squint test
                                -Tweaked fog and removed heavy snow particles, especially in main game areas.
                                -Various other minor bug fixes/tweaks

Let me know what you guys think when it drops!

Comment

Working...
                                X