Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic [OFFICIAL] DM-BioTower Discussion

DM-BioTower Discussion

Hi guys, in the next build coming very soon, you will see a new dm map popping up in the list - DM-BioTower

If you have any suggestions, please let us know here.
    Attached Files

• replied
    What happened to this map? It looked awesome and very atmospheric, now its bland and dead. Seems like there's too much gamma so to speak.
    New Biotower New Biotower Old Biotower
    Last edited by Jo.7; 10-14-2017, 11:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks like UT3 map. And this is not a compliment :|

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by steelhead View Post
    Just IMO, the link gun introduced in the latest version should be placed into a risky location like the rocket launcher. Perhaps I would just leave it out and keep only one "special" weapon in this map.

Disabling hammer and enforcer would make this more fun too. :P
    I will experiment a bit with this, the idea was to encourage the special link/bio combo, if I do keep it, I will move it somewhere else with risk, but I might just revert the change all together. Thanks for the feedback.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This looks sick in-game. Reminds me of what Unreal Engine is really about!
    Last edited by Jo.7; 01-04-2017, 11:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Honestly, I prefered the second Enforcer to the Link Gun for this map. Its a small weapon, so it does not have too much of an impact, but is still a nice option to have, whereas the Link feels like a rather hefty upgrade to the Bio Spam.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just IMO, the link gun introduced in the latest version should be placed into a risky location like the rocket launcher. Perhaps I would just leave it out and keep only one "special" weapon in this map.

Disabling hammer and enforcer would make this more fun too. :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by G.Lecter View Post
    I noticed a bug in the level when playing a botmatch on it: One of the bots grabbed the UDamage and then fell into the death pit. This made it drop the powerup, but the UDamage wasn't destroyed and remained floating over the death pit for the rest of the game. After that, all bots started to jump into the pit constantly, trying to grab the floating powerup... I won the match because of that...
    yeah they'll do that right now, eventually we will prevent it ^^

Thx for the comments guys.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've only had a chance to play it twice, once NW and once Insta, I found the insta more fun on this map. I love the look and feel, and the great use of assets. It's a fun map for sure! Thanks Chris K

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I noticed a bug in the level when playing a botmatch on it: One of the bots grabbed the UDamage and then fell into the death pit. This made it drop the powerup, but the UDamage wasn't destroyed and remained floating over the death pit for the rest of the game. After that, all bots started to jump into the pit constantly, trying to grab the floating powerup... I won the match because of that...
    Last edited by TheGlecter; 04-22-2016, 10:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I love this map. It's very reminiscent of the maps I enjoyed playing back in UT '99. Love how fast paced it gets too, and it looks great.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Whats the mapvote vars for this one

eg MapRotation=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/DM-BioTower?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ya know, in some crazy bizarro way, I actually dont mind this map. When I loaded it up for the first time and flew around, I thought it was just going to be a bottom-tier garbage map. Truth be told, I'd actually pick this over Dm-Lea when there were 10 people to a server.

The nature of the bio rifle means that youre spending a lot of time charging it up and jumping over the piles, so the spam is actually manageable. The visibility isn't so bad either. How often has morbias honestly been picked? I can count the number of times on one hand that Ive even seen it. But I can see bio tower being picked more often as a morbias-style map for UT4.

I'm really shocked to say that bio-tower is actually acceptable as UT4's morbias-style designated spam map. We STILL need the game to have 6 person caps in FFA though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    is a cool Map i like it to play him

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cheers for the comments, I've added some player only lights to help draw some more visibility without changing the overall aesthetics of the environment, it should be in the next build. Happy gooing

Leave a comment:

Working...
X