DM-BioTower Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OFFICIAL] DM-BioTower Discussion

Hi guys, in the next build coming very soon, you will see a new dm map popping up in the list - DM-BioTower

If you have any suggestions, please let us know here.
    Attached Files

Looks great. Based on the screenshots I'm keen to see how a more vertical level will play.
    3d Artist
    UT Cosmetic Items |
    UT Cybernetic Build

Comment

Looking good & green indeed. Thanks for posting!
      And so the unrealverse carries on.
      Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 03-31-2016, 04:28 PM. Reason: Nice run on it.
      LoPing
      Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Looking awesome. Though BioTower doesn't roll off the tounge very well IMHO.

Perhaps DM-SludgeShaft?

Comment

I really like the lighting and ton the map sets. I cant tell too much more about it without playing it, but im always skeptical when meshes are made to such large scales. Look forward to it coming out!
          PayBack

Comment

Is that rocket ammo? That's rocket ammo. There's rocket ammo.

Originally posted by SX View Post
            Perhaps DM-SludgeShaft?
            That's a tongue twister all on its own.

Comment

This has a strong UT3 visuals imo. The colors are so desaturated and everything is in fog... makes me want to clean my monitor, like it was dirty.

Comment

A Dark fun Map cool Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Spector CZ View Post
                  This has a strong UT3 visuals imo. The colors are so desaturated and everything is in fog... makes me want to clean my monitor, like it was dirty.

Its a map centered around the bio-rifle, the dirty, misty look is completely intentional...

Comment

In addition, they have said that they want to go back to dark Maps as UT99 again.

Außerdem haben sie gesagt dass sie wieder zurück zu finsteren Maps wie in UT99 gehen wollen.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkTheF4rth View Post
                      Its a map centered around the bio-rifle, the dirty, misty look is completely intentional...
                      Not saying it's not... It was intentional in UT3 as well. I just don't like it, but maybe that's just me. And I am not talking about the darkness, but about the unsaturated misty look. It's actually not that dark.
                      Last edited by Spector CZ; 03-31-2016, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spector CZ View Post
                        Not saying it's not... It was intentional in UT3 as well. I just don't like it, but maybe that's just me. And I am not talking about the darkness, but about the unsaturated misty look. It's actually not that dark.

Sure, thats your opinion, and I will respect that. I just want to say that this map will not, and should not be changed to a clearer version, you can't please everyone, and this one will probably become quite iconic due to its uniqueness (for now)

Comment

I find only that the map a name other than Bio Tower need otherwise is the real ok and i can wait to play the Map

Comment

Originally posted by MarkTheF4rth View Post
                            Sure, thats your opinion, and I will respect that. I just want to say that this map will not, and should not be changed to a clearer version, you can't please everyone, and this one will probably become quite iconic due to its uniqueness (for now)
                            +1. This is a fun / public server DM kind of map, even if it would be made "clear", it won't be in the map pool for competitive players, that's for sure so why bother. It's the kind of map you don't wanna play all the time but can be fun to play every once in a while so why bother making it look visual clarity-perfect, which btw will also kill it's atmosphere bigtime (there is always a balance between atmospheric/visually pleasing looking and competitive/neutral/boring/clear look and you can't have both to be perfect at the same time, not all maps should be the same in this regard).

I was personally disappointed with the direction DM-Chill recieved as it felt so much more atmospheric before with its colder/bluer hue that fitted its snowy and cold weather, felt like Epic went in the direction to please the hardcore players and therefore kept it neutral / warm sunny to give it more contrast etc, ie the CTF-Outside weather template.

We should have maps of both types, newcomers are more inclined to like the atmospheric feel of these kinds of maps and pro competitive players will want more balanced settings (alternatively offer two different post process settings (neutral and cinematic or whatever). At least when it comes to "fun"-maps, I wouldn't put visual clarity as top priority, those maps are the ones I'd focus more on making visually pleasing so Epic has some graphics demonstrating maps in their arsenal as well. I love visual graphics of this map but I agree it's not the best in terms of visual clarity but I don't think for this kind of map it needs to be perfect either since that will come at the cost of atmosphere and visual graphics and for this map I don't want to cut down on that.

The greenish hue for starters go perfectly together being a Bio-focused map and the "mist/haze" goes well with the industrial theme and makes it a lot more high quality and really demonstrates UE4's awesome lighting effects (IMO UE4 does lighting better than any other engine).
                            Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 03-31-2016, 09:00 AM.

Comment

It look nice indeed

Looking forward this new map. And plz, leave the visual clarity as it actually is from the screenies. The game need many types of maps for competitive AND casual playing!
                              Stevie's corner
                              Maps,DM-Chroma, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
                              Links, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Working...
                              X