Polaris Discussion/Feedback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polaris Discussion/Feedback

CTF Polaris is now live on the market place. Please leave feedback here!

Last edited by PayBack; 11-10-2016, 04:29 PM.
    PayBack

Played one match on it on the Frankfurt hub, and I also observed some of the feedback from others.

Main thing people complained about was the performance, but I guess you'll get that with any meshed map, it didn't perform much worse than Epic's own maps for me so. There was also a remark that the map was rather small, but that's not a bad thing imo, I personally think the size is just right for this type of map.

In terms of gameplay, it's pretty fun, fast and hectic. There's just one thing that struck me, it seems to be really easy to defend/camp the bases on this. When there's decent defense, you become really vulnerable to enemy fire when you drop down to grab, because the defenders are usually sitting on three different layers. I found the jump-pad behind the flag really hard to utilize well, it pretty much seems like a place where you'd stick until your team mates clear the enemy base a bit, trying to jump from the top platform is really hard without getting hit. Flag running is fun once you get out of the base, the doors and the various panes/obstacles also help immensely with cover, and there are a good amount of routes, some riskier than others. The corridors are really risky to be in, because you can basically not avoid flak fire there. I like the placement of the 100 armor too.

That's all I got so far, just from one play-through though.
    Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Archer. I will be working to try and improve the performance on the map, right now I think one of the biggest performance impacts is the number of draw calls. I tested this on my PC which is a i5 4670K and a 980, at 1080P Epic settings, I was averaging around 110-140 FPS running around by myself.

The size is probably a little small for pub matches, it was designed for 10 man competitive CTF matches, 12 man pubs will definitely be a little more crowded. With the defense yeah I can see that as well in pub matches, again designed for competitive play where generally you only play 2 defenders. So if you are in a pub match and 3-4 people are playing D which can often happen, I can see the trouble.

Thanks for the feedback!

Anyone else reading this, can you please post your performance feedback?
      Last edited by PayBack; 11-10-2016, 04:46 PM.
      PayBack

Comment

Hi, I am sitting on the bottom end with my 2,4 Ghz Pentium Dual-Core (not core2duo) laptop, Radeon 8750m graphics (2GB DDR3) and 8GB RAM. I didn't play other meshed CTF maps on today's build but I played some meshed DM-maps and also shells (Quick, Blank and BigRock) today and there doesn't seem to be a problem in this build's performance. I played a lot on previous build without significant issues except of TitanPass which is generaly bad.</intro>

Nevertheless performance on this map is really bad for me, even worse than on TitanPass with a lot of tearing.

Whatever you can do about it will be appreciated.

Comment

For anyone interested, I made a shell version based on the final design. Some people wanted this for competitive play where FPS > Graphics.

RedirectReferences=(PackageName="CTF-Polaris_Shell-WindowsNoEditor",PackageURLProtocol="https",PackageURL="ut4pugs.us/media/CTF-Polaris_Shell-WindowsNoEditor.pak",PackageChecksum="c96e1f2c14c62fd078bbe599a80412d3")

https://ut4pugs.us/media/CTF-Polaris...wsNoEditor.pak
          PayBack

Comment

PayBack - "For anyone interested, I made a shell version based on the final design. Some people wanted this for competitive play where FPS > Graphics.

RedirectReferences=(PackageName="CTF-Polaris_Shell-WindowsNoEditor",PackageURLProtocol="https",PackageURL="ut4pugs.us/media/CTF-Polaris_Shell-WindowsNoEditor.pak",PackageChecksum="c96e1f2c14c62fd078bbe599a80412d3")

https://ut4pugs.us/media/CTF-Polaris...wsNoEditor.pak"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awesome! Really appreciate this. Shells are always nice for extreme competitive play and for those with not so great PCs. Thanks for reminding me to do this for my map :] Can't wait to show all of you what I've been working on, but I've made a self commitment to not disclose anything until it's close to being finished.

Comment

is it possible to load this map into UE4 editor?

Comment

Working...
              X