Backspace Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backspace Discussion

This map is now available via the UT Marketplace!

Backspace was built for 1v1 duels, but also accommodates 2v2 TDM, Showdown, or FFA games. Originally released for UT2004, I've rebuilt it from the ground up for the new UT with a few changes here and there.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Huge thanks to everyone who helped and gave feedback along the way! Enjoy!
    DM-Kosko (A04) | DM-Backspace (Released!) | DM-Veracity (A01)| DM-Smog (A01) | DM-Conflux (A02)

What can I say....

Superb work

It look, sound, feel and play amazingly!!!

CG for making it to the marketplace, it's well deserved!
    Stevie's corner Maps, DM-Akar A1, DM-Aryth R1, DM-Aly R1, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta Links, All UT4 CTF custom maps, All UT4 remakes, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Good gawd, I finally don't have to keep putting this one on the server anymore! Thanks dude - it's perfection!
      Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Tried to add this to my server. Upon starting server it throws a warning
        Code:
        [2016.11.11-18.48.21:239][  0]UT:Warning: DM-Backspace_V2a is version 3008044, but needs to be version 3008046[2016.11.11-18.48.21:242][  0]UT:Warning: Unmounted ../../../UnrealTournament/Content/Paks/DM-Backspace_V2a-WindowsNoEditor.pak
        This is my first attempt at adding custom content to my server so forgive me if I'm missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubious_Factory View Post
          This is my first attempt at adding custom content to my server so forgive me if I'm missing something.
          You are trying to add an old version of the map. With the last build you don't need to add to add it as a separate pack. Also for any server-related issues ask here: https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...Administration
          "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
          - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Originally posted by _Lynx View Post
            You are trying to add an old version of the map.
            This isn't a server-related issue, it's a map issue hence me asking here. I downloaded the map from OP's link in his signature. Where would I locate an even more recent build?

Comment

This isn't a server-related issue, it's a map issue hence me asking here. I downloaded the map from OP's link in his signature. Where would I locate an even more recent build?
              Nowhere. Unless the original author, Scinbed, releases an alternative version of the map (not sure if they are allowed to).

Just check the very first paragraph of this thread.
              Originally posted by Scinbed View Post
              This map is now available via the UT Marketplace!
              That said. Open the Epic Games Launcher, browse to UT's marketplace and click on the desired map to "buy" the map (it will be displayed as "Free", you need to click on that button to be entitled to play this map in your client logged-in with your account).
              ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
              ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

You no longer need to download the map from the forums, it's available on the marketplace in the same way Pistola and Lea are. I'm not 100% sure how that effects server hoisting but the current version available on here is invalid and will not be updated.

Comment

With the last build you don't need to add it as a separate pak, Backspace along with 4 other maps from community has been included in the build of the game. If you downloaded the server package from Epic, it's there.
                  "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
                  - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
                    Open the Epic Games Launcher, browse to UT's marketplace and click on the desired map to "buy" the map (it will be displayed as "Free", you need to click on that button to be entitled to play this map in your client logged-in with your account).
                    Originally posted by NATO_chrisjm View Post
                    You no longer need to download the map from the forums, it's available on the marketplace in the same way Pistola and Lea are. I'm not 100% sure how that effects server hoisting but the current version available on here is invalid and will not be updated.
                    Servers don't have a GUI and therefore no access to the Marketplace, hence me looking to download and install the map manually.

Originally posted by _Lynx View Post
                    With the last build you don't need to add it as a separate pak, Backspace along with 4 other maps from community has been included in the build of the game. If you downloaded the server package from Epic, it's there.
                    Thank you, did not realize that they had baked these into the dedicated server distribution. I figured that since the maps were not included in the client build by default that the dedicated server build would not have them by default.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion. I've removed the dropbox link to the old version.
                      DM-Kosko (A04) | DM-Backspace (Released!) | DM-Veracity (A01)| DM-Smog (A01) | DM-Conflux (A02)

Comment

Interesting.
                        This isn't a server-related issue, it's a map issue hence me asking here.
                        Servers don't have a GUI and therefore no access to the Marketplace, hence me looking to download and install the map manually.
                        For future releases, just check which maps are embedded in the server pak file, you might not need to install such maps manually.
                        ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
                        ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Top map...congrats!

Comment

Such a fun map-kill-for the shield belt. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                            X