Batrankus Discussion [BSP Available: 2018-Apr-02]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batrankus Discussion [BSP Available: 2018-Apr-02]

My first map for UT4! Earned the 'Epic Games & Mapcore TSD contest' 3rd price and made its way to the UT Marketplace! Whohoo! I'm super-excited!

Download: Get it now on the UT Marketplace!
    A BSP version is available! Link and info at the bottom of the post...

Key Features:
    • Snipe the major powerups from the whole opposite side of the map!
    • Use the underground zone to JumpBoot your way to pretty much any place within seconds... at your own risk!
    • The sides have the weapons and pickups. The middle has the z-axis advantage.
    • Quite a lot of shortcuts and crazy jumps for advanced players to be found (map can be navigated perfectly without jumptricks, though).

Credits:
    • Thanks to 'RattleSN4K3' for the awesome MapScaler tool. I can't stress enough how awesome this tool is.
    • Thanks to 'Luos' for his WorldAlign Material Functions which enabled me to have a little more control on the wall material.
    • Wood sounds by 'rage91', 'maxdemianagl', 'yesfan', 'timpryor' and 'rudmer-rotteveel', from 'freesound.org'.
    • Thanks also to 'tidu' for the Blueprint help which enabled me to make gametype-specific item placement tweaks!

Screenshots: (Minimap is slightly outdated but you get the idea... )

---
    BSP Version Available! (Click on the Spoiler tag for more details)

Spoiler

Enjoy! And use your JumpBoots wisely!
    Last edited by TheGlecter; 04-02-2018, 10:53 AM.
    DM-Batrankus is out on the UT Marketplace! Enjoy!

My UT Maps: | JB-Makoy (UT3JB) | JB-Fragtion2 (UT2004JB) | CTF-Opposite (UT2004) | VCTF-Antropolis (UT2004) |
    My Puzzle Levels: | Tetrobot and Co. | Portal 2 | Toki Tori |
    My Localizations: | Killing Floor |

Unfortunately, I noticed a couple of problems with the Marketplace version of the map. Most important one is that the Redeeemer is not spawning properly. I guess that's good news for the Deemer haters, but I'll try to have this fixed as soon as possible.

In the meantime, enjoy the map and feel free to post your thoughts here!

My UT Maps: | JB-Makoy (UT3JB) | JB-Fragtion2 (UT2004JB) | CTF-Opposite (UT2004) | VCTF-Antropolis (UT2004) |

Comment

Thanks for this map. I
      Am going to spend a lot of time playing this. Absolutely wonderful. Ps played a few rounds today with players new to this map...great fun thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by dm304 View Post
        Thanks for this map. I
        Am going to spend a lot of time playing this. Absolutely wonderful. Ps played a few rounds today with players new to this map...great fun thank you.
        Thanks for taking some time to drop a comment! Really appreciate it!

Comment

Really awesome, fun map. I rate this way above everything else in the current map pool. There needs to be more maps like this. Well done.

Comment

I'd like to suggest something.

When the player falls on the sticks near the U-Dmage spawn, his/her ragdoll disappears, since that height is the same of the map's limit. It would be better to place a PainVolume (with a really small Z value) there, which causes insta-death, such as Backspace' spikes.

-Luigi Rapetta
            (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
            Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Originally posted by l1nk- View Post
              Really awesome, fun map. I rate this way above everything else in the current map pool. There needs to be more maps like this. Well done.
              Glad to hear you're enjoying it... Thanks!

Originally posted by rapfamily4 View Post
              I'd like to suggest something.

When the player falls on the sticks near the U-Dmage spawn, his/her ragdoll disappears, since that height is the same of the map's limit. It would be better to place a PainVolume (with a really small Z value) there, which causes insta-death, such as Backspace' spikes.
              Yeah, that's a good idea! The collision of the rock meshes I'm using is kind of weird and I think they don't block players properly, but I'll try this out for sure and make it work somehow...

The bad news about Marketplace levels is you will have to wait for the next UT build for the fixes. The good news is you're still in time for more suggestions!

Comment

Thanks for considering the idea! Anyway, with insta-death I meant gibbing: if you fall on the sticks in Backspace you practically explode into pieces. This could be a secondary solution if it's not possible to pierce ragdolls in the quoted sticks (realistically).

-Luigi Rapetta
                (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Greets! Good to see your map on marketplace! I did come across a little hole on the map by the RL on the right after another player fell in to it;

You can fall in through there.

You can get back out left or right.

I hope this helps and look forward to the next update! Keep it Up!
                  LoPing
                  Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
                    I did come across a little hole on the map by the RL on the right after another player fell in to it.
                    Oh, that sucks balls! It seems that I went too far with the terrain Visibility tool... I think it's fixed now and also found a few more places where the terrain collision was a bit weird. Thanks for spotting that one!

Originally posted by rapfamily4 View Post
                    Anyway, with insta-death I meant gibbing: if you fall on the sticks in Backspace you practically explode into pieces. This could be a secondary solution if it's not possible to pierce ragdolls in the quoted sticks (realistically).
                    I have implemented this one too and it feels great!

Comment

Really nice! I'll wait the next build.

-Luigi Rapetta
                      (rapfamily4)

My projects list:

Comment

https://u.nya.is/beszbu.mp4 this shouldn't be possible

Comment

Originally posted by Dri0m View Post
                          https://u.nya.is/beszbu.mp4 this shouldn't be possible
                          Thanks for pointing that out! I think I'm out of time to have this fix added to the next UT update, but I definitely should find some time to do another bugfix pass to the map sometime this month or the next one.

If you guys find anything else worth fixing, don't hesitate to post here!

Comment

BSP Version Updated!

Just upoladed a recook of the BSP version that should work on the latest UT update, in case someone is interested!
                            Download link at the bottom of the first post, under the Spoiler tag.

---
                            As for the meshed version, the fix for the collision exploit reported by Dri0m should be avaliable in the next UT update!

Comment

Working...
                            X