Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salt Discussion

Now available on the UT marketplace!

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Big thanks to everyone who helped get this done!

Liking the map so far, feels like there is some potential for TDM as well. However, would you be open to switching the berserk for an amp? Berserk (so far) hasn't been used in TDM and it's not in a position on Salt that makes it easy to avoid picking up such as on Focus or Solo for example.

Comment

I'm very happy you made it final! It's my favorite map from you and the level of polishing is outstanding! Really, awesome work here

Music track is also addictive

THX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Stevie's corner Maps, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta Links, All UT4 CTF custom maps, All UT4 remakes, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

i like the name
        CTF-Azimuth [UT4] - CP_Harbour [TF2] - Artstation - Twitter

Comment

Congrats man!
          Map is super awesome! Glad to see it done.
          MyArtstation
          @jayoplus

Comment

Very interesting map, fun to play, unfortunately very laggy on my PC. It even contests the worst map so far when it comes to performance (CTF-Polaris).

Is there anything you could do in terms of optimisation? Probably draw calls, merging some meshes or something? Really desperate. (laptop 2,4 Ghz Pentium dual, 8GB ram, 8750m graphics).

Comment

Are there any specific areas which perform poorly for you in particular? There's not a great deal of optimization left to do but if some areas are particularly bad I can look at them specifically.

Also what kind of fps are you getting?
              Last edited by NATO_chrisjm; 12-10-2016, 09:06 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=225]NATO_chrisjm[/MENTION] I like this map. It's a little tight, but very nice overall. One question about the torches (and the light that goes with them), how did you get them to NOT bleed light through the floor above them in that small area that has a lot of wood beams (with an open shaft in the middle)? I had been working on a castle textured map and my lights around the torches would always bleed through the ceiling right above them.

W.I.P.s
                DM-Containers

Comment

The torch lights have a very small radius, and I carefully placed the reflection captures to avoid bleeding.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Hmmm, can you explain how the reflections spheres affect this issue? I wasn't aware there was a connection.

W.I.P.s
                    DM-Containers

Comment

So reflection capture collects information about the lighting conditions in the scene and passes that onto the renderer to apply the correct reflections where needed. A big chunk of this is the colour of lights. If you have a big sphere over one area you can get 'bleeding' from strongly coloured lights into areas with less harsh lighting. It has very little to no concept of occlusion, it just knows where lights are.

For example: Having a strong red light one side of a wall with white light on the other, and one large sphere covering both sides it will tend to grab the red from the other side of the room and apply that lighting to the reflections. I.e. the white side of the wall will have a red tint. You get around this by having smaller, or nested captures. The engine works from largest to smallest in order so if you have an area of concentrated colour you can pop down a smaller sphere within a larger one to contain that colour. See the bottom of this page https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...s/Reflections/

Comment

Just wanted to say I love this map. Very good looking, plays great and is tons of fun. Thanks!
                        I have always been an online CTF player. So fun. I used to build maps back in the 99' days. They can be downloaded here.

Comment

Hello, I'd like to tell you a visual clarity problem I found out in your map. I usually play with r.TonemapperFilm set to 1, and I have to activate it from the console since it is temporarely inoperable from the system settings. In DM-Salt, when the tone mapper is activated, everything becomes darker and it's really hard to understand what happens in the screen. I play with the tone mapper activated since it gives better saturations of colors. I don't know if tone mapper will officially come back in the system settings, but if it will be so, I think you should check the lighting with r.TonemapperFilm set to 1.

-Luigi Rapetta
                          (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
                          Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Working...
                          X