Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OFFICIAL] Welcome to the Published Levels Forum!

This subforum should be used to discuss finished official Epic maps and marketplace community maps. Work in progress maps, including beta releases should be kept in the Work in Progress forum. Once a map has been released a mod will move the thread over.

Thanks, and enjoy!
    Last edited by NATO_chrisjm; 01-10-2017, 01:01 PM.

CTF-Duku and CTF- Gauntlet would be good additions.
    Last edited by Evilwoo; 04-12-2015, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Can a moderator move my map here please. Or simply explain when i am "allowed" to post here.
      DM-Lea still says its a wip - how does this differ from mine?

It is very annoying to not see anyone play the map, then as soon as the server changes to one of the incomplete maps that come with UT in its current state - players join and the server gets full.
      Some exposure for my efforts would be much appreciated
      Last edited by TKBS; 06-07-2015, 05:22 PM.
      Internet BlackOut in <2 weeks,last chance to request 4 years of Unreal Development(something from every Unreal Engine 50+ maps, chars, weapons, mods, mutators and more).

Comment

This sub forum exists to discuss completed Epic maps (outpost23) and community maps, limited to those available on the marketplace. Right now we are aware that it's going to be very very quiet on here, as things get going however it'll be good to have a separate place to discuss completed maps rather than ongoing projects. There have been some thoughts towards bringing back the [Beta], [Alpha], [Release] tags to make maps more visible, however threads can currently only have one tag.

I'd also like to have a [Remake] tag, but again we're a little limited in that regard right now.

Edit: For reference I know your pain in regards getting maps tested; exposure sucks right now partly due to some redirect and asset management issues in some of the recent builds.

Comment

hi Chris,

i think this subforum needs a cleanup again. As you explained (and I'm here fully with you) we should use this subforum only for Epic meshed maps & community maps on the marketplace.

there are too many 'half backed' maps posted here which are either did not even receive an update for a long time and hence are not compatible with the recent build(s) -> so they are WIP or are ports from previous UTs, but represent BSPs with even low detail textures...

Comment

Moved thread that aren't Epic official or Marketplace maps to WIP for now.

Comment

Nice cleanup!
              work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

Originally posted by NATO_chrisjm View Post
                Moved thread that aren't Epic official or Marketplace maps to WIP for now.
                How about you just turn this into a showcase subforum for finished high quality maps instead. Azimuth is neither work in progress, half baked, unsupported, nor a low quality port of a ut99 map, and therefore has no reason to be sorted alongside page upon page of unfinished content.
                CTF-Azimuth [UT4] - CP_Harbour [TF2] - Artstation - Twitter

Comment

I would suggestion create an additional 'Finished Community' folder for current meshed community maps, wich get updates frequently to the most current build ...

Comment

Originally posted by Selentic View Post
                    How about you just turn this into a showcase subforum for finished high quality maps instead. Azimuth is neither work in progress, half baked, unsupported, nor a low quality port of a ut99 map, and therefore has no reason to be sorted alongside page upon page of unfinished content.
                    TBH I was really unhappy to have to move it but a rule was set and it wouldn't have been right to apply that rule unequally. I don't think having a separate sub-form is the answer, we already have a ton of them; however I don't think it should be up to mods (or more likely just me) to gate what is considered 'good enough to be finished'. In the game or on the marketplace is a hard and fast rule which doesn't leave any scope for any opinion but that of Epic.

I'll have a chat with the other mods and see what I we can do. I'd prefer to have tags like [WIP], [Beta], [Released] (although these might have to wait till the new year and Flak is back). The current solution isn't working as well as it could.
                    Last edited by NATO_chrisjm; 12-06-2016, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X