AS-Rook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] AS-Rook

The fantastic Outside assets along with the basic geometrics (for a mapping noob like me) made this an obvious choice. Will be posting content on the map scenario, objectives and a map run-through later, for now here's just a taster screenshot of work-in-progress .

Attached Files
    Last edited by Urgamanix; 08-03-2015, 01:29 AM.

That brings back memories... Looking forward to this one, it already looks pretty good, even with the simple geometry.
    My maps:

CTF-DBMBridge: https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...-CTF-DBMBridge

Comment

Originally posted by DolphinBuffMan View Post
      That brings back memories... Looking forward to this one, it already looks pretty good, even with the simple geometry.
      That was part of the rationale of me working on it - castles are naturally basic solid geometry!

Comment

Awesome! Are those flags are interactive, in the way they change teams after the round? That would add some nice depth to the original.

In general, really happy to see this one return. I dind't enjoy the Guardia remake, but that's mainly because I didn't like the original either.

Looking forward to the progress!

Comment

Originally posted by Basalt View Post
          Awesome! Are those flags are interactive, in the way they change teams after the round? That would add some nice depth to the original.

In general, really happy to see this one return. I dind't enjoy the Guardia remake, but that's mainly because I didn't like the original either.

Looking forward to the progress!
          Yes sir they are, but around the wrong way at the minute; currently they show the attackers colours. Not sure why they want to escape their own castle but there you go

Comment

I can hear the UT99 music already :P
            Learning UT Level Design. I also make music! https://soundcloud.com/thegaffer

Comment

Great, Super!! Once time I saw a UT99 custom assault league beta map it was a mix between AS-Rook and AS-Mazon, its was called AS-Razon (or something like that), first part of map was Rook, but the second was Mazon. Will someone redone it? Or maybe you will add additional parts to this map (but i dont know how it will work online).
              BTW some time ago there was a lot of very beautifull assault league not finished maps - maybe its time to finish them and give them new fresh look. Some of them can be found by name (search through internet) "270 Unreal Tournament 99 Assault Maps"
              Last edited by e1vp; 08-03-2015, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by e1vp View Post
                Great, Super!! Once time I saw a UT99 custom assault league beta map it was a mix between AS-Rook and AS-Mazon, its was called AS-Razon (or something like that), first part of map was Rook, but the second was Mazon.
                Whoever thought to combine Rook and Mazon is a genius. I wish I could find that map to check it out.

Comment

Working...
                X