CTF-Cheops (Remake)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] CTF-Cheops (Remake)

Remake of CTF-Cheops, Original: DM-OSR-Cheops (UT2004)
    Original Author: Steve Keene; modified for CTF by ((
    Special Thanks to XTXP for his UT4 Converter which saved lot of time.

Cheops is symmetrical CTF map for 5v5. It is very offense-focused, the flag is very hard to defend and it requires a lot of skill to follow the flag carrier due to a lot of possible routes.
    The map is pretty big, so you also need to be good at translocating around quickly which provides a very fast paced gameplay.
    The bots can't play properly because every flag carrier route requires dodges/walldodges to pass.

UPDATE: 2015/10/29

I rebuilt the whole map additively (few exceptions) which was way, way more work than expected before and really annoying because it's really easy with substractive..
    I added a few optimizations for gameplay, like a wallrunning possibility in the middle which might be a proper way for a flag carrier or some ramps.

UPDATE 2015/11/05

First (more or less) fully meshed version, would really love to hear some feedback
    Please keep in mind that this is the first map I meshed, so there might be areas having too many or too less meshs/colors, I appreciate any hints and ideas for its improvement (also considering gameplay of course).
    There are gonna be tons of bugs most probably due to the blockout moving with every build, feel free to report anything you find.
    Special thanks to Tequila for providing some awesome paintings from his website.

MapRotation=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/CTF-Cheops-v7
    RedirectReferences=(PackageName="CTF-Cheops-v7-WindowsNoEditor", PackageURLProtocol="http", PackageURL="https://www.dropbox.com/s/w46geq3mmvac0wp/CTF-Cheops-v7-WindowsNoEditor.pak?dl=0", PackageChecksum="7e735f5966ab9bea1d1798c904c64164")

Download (v7)

Changelist:

v6:
    - fixxed bugs
    - general movement improvements
    - layout improvements
    - reworked blocking volumes

v5:
    - removed many decals
    - reworked all blocking volumes
    - fixxed BSP bugs blocking jumps
    - escape routes are way easier to use now
    - increased the size of the windows in flagroom making it easier to walk or shoot through
    - lowered brightness

v4:
    - fixed music and some small bugs

v3:
    - lowered lightning
    - changed some meshes

v2:
    - added reflection spheres for items
    - lowered general brightness

v1:
    - removed a lot of unnecessary meshes and decals
    - lowered brightness of the map
    - set item reflection a little bit higher so it doesn't appear too black anymore
    - fixxed and added blocking volumes

Attached Files
    Last edited by Prescovio; 05-31-2016, 10:21 AM.
    DM-Cheops - CTF-Cheops - CTF-Ranel

Originally posted by Prescovio View Post
    Original Author: Steve Keene; modified for CTF by ((
    Special Thanks to XTXP for his UT4 Converter which saved lot of time.
    Thx!
    Despite it's missing original staticmeshes, great to see egyptian theme back!

Just some notes:
    the music is not looping. Make sure also the music asset belongs to "Sound Group" "Music" and lower a bit music volume (Epic generally set volume to 0.4 you may have to give a try)

Keep on the work on it, we need more maps like this with this theme/atmosphere!

Comment

Originally posted by XTXP View Post
      the music is not looping. Make sure also the music asset belongs to "Sound Group" "Music" and lower a bit music volume (Epic generally set volume to 0.4 you may have to give a try)
      Thanks, fixxed it

Originally posted by XTXP View Post
      Keep on the work on it, we need more maps like this with this theme/atmosphere!
      I liked the Egyptian theme maps most in UT2004, still I just started working on/practicing meshing this map in a futuristic way (Outpost23-style).
      Last edited by Prescovio; 10-15-2015, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Updated the opening post with the first meshed release of CTF-Cheops.

Comment

Not pad for a first attempt. I would remove the drills/screws as they dont fit. Runs great on my machine, i5 4670K, 16GB, GTX 980. Its currently hosted on the Community Instagib Mega Hub
          PayBack
          Come Join UT4Pugs.com on Discord! https://discord.gg/nx5Gnbx
          Capture the Flag, Elimination, Duel, Assault, Flag Run, Death Match, Team Death Match, Custom Maps and Mutators!
          UT4Pugs Chicao MEGAHUB - Dual CPU, Intel Xeon 16C/32T 64GB RAM Bare Metal Server
          UT4Pugs Detroit Minihub - Single CPU, Intel Haswell 4C/4T 8GB RAM SSD Bare Metal Server

Comment

Updated with a 4.11 version.

Comment

Working...
            X