DOM-Vitamin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DOM-Vitamin

As the population of the mining colony on frozen Alleria continued to grow, so did the import costs of transgalactic food. A series of facilities were build to research and cultivate the nourishment of the future generations. Performing below average, the team of Station 19 decided to "supplement" their anual reports by renting the facility to the Tournament.

Please note:
    this project is no longer under development until further notice.

Hello all,

I introduce to you my second map, DOM-Vitamin, using Snake.Pliskin's Domination gamemode. Please note the mode is still in development, so may include bugs. If you have any feedback regarding the mod itself (or just want to say "thank you!" to Snake), please say your words in his thread!

Below you can grab the download link. And as always, your feedback is essential, thanks in advance!

Versions:

Pre-Alpha (TDM version)
    - Initial map
    - Bad lighting, for the sole purpose of navigation, not representable for the proper release
    - Not DOM, but TDM for early playtesting

Alpha-I
    - Basic texturing
    - Basic lighting
    - Working with Snake's Domination mod
    - Download includes latest version of the mod for your convenience!

Alpha-II
    - Recook for V1.9

Screenshots:

Below you'll find screenshots of the most recent version, and all the screenshots (also of previous versions) in the attachment.

Screenshots of Alpha-I:

Attached Files
    Last edited by Basalt; 05-15-2016, 06:53 AM.

I can barely see the geometry on the screenshots. Crank up the lights, that would be a nice thing to do
    RASTE IN PEACE !
    Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
    Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Yeah, it really is the worst.

My monitor at home is very bright so it was fair, seeing it now on my monitor at work it has the visual clarity of a pint of Guinness in a photo development room.

I'll cook a new version tonight, just to get the lighting in a more acceptable range. I hope you'll want to give it another shot at that time

Comment

Originally posted by Basalt View Post
        Yeah, it really is the worst.

My monitor at home is very bright so it was fair, seeing it now on my monitor at work it has the visual clarity of a pint of Guinness in a photo development room.

I'll cook a new version tonight, just to get the lighting in a more acceptable range. I hope you'll want to give it another shot at that time
        Don't hesitate to put too much light in your block layout. Early stage BSP benefits imo from having more light because you get a clear view of the layout, you don't lose time making it look pretty, and most of all it's better for players to give feedback
        RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

I complety remade the lighting, very crude just for navigation. The map should be much more playable now.

Also, I've added three yellow spotlights, indicating where I've planned the Domination checkpoints.

Updated screenshots and downloadlink in OP.

Comment

The lighting is much better. To enhance visibility further more, you could apply a very simple material to all the floors (same material) and a different one for the walls. Keep the ground brighter if possible than the walls. You might also want to use planar projection for the textures on all the slopes (BSP -> texture alignment)

Then, since you are at the beginning of the BSP, it's the perfect time to try to implement as many trick jumps and lift jumps as possible

Also, for your releases, use a naming convention like: DOM-Vitamin_v01, DOM-Vitamin_v02, ...
            Last edited by Raste; 09-08-2015, 06:54 AM.
            RASTE IN PEACE !

Comment

Thanks for the tips! Especially regarding using lighter surfaces for the floors, and the texture allignement. I guess the lifts are now a wasted potential as they have no liftjump targets, I'll see if I can add them.

I've already used the naming convention with my other map DM-Ananke, both in the UMAP name and the World Data. This version is just a bit off as it hasn't the Domination assets yet. But thanks, I know how important it is!

Also, did you manage to play the map? Did you find any major things that need priority fixing? The shockrifle in the dome hall has a very straight line of sight all the way to the checkpoint, I want to fix that for example.

Comment

The Alpha-I - including the working DOM mod - is now available. Updates in OP.

Comment

not playable with bots red wins ever

Comment

Kannst du das näher beschreiben? Tut Blau ganz nichts? Oder bekommt Rot ohne Grund Punkte?

Comment

Blau hat nicht mal die Chance a&B einzunehmen also wenn ich Blau bin und wir den B punk haben und ich dann auf dem weg zum A punkt bin hat rot schon gewonnen was meine Bots machen seh ich leider nicht

Comment

Klar. Du spielst "Double Domination". Dieses level wurde nicht für das gemacht, das sollte ich erklärt habe, entschuldigung. Bitte versuchen Sie es mit "Domination".

For the non-German speakers:

The mode includes both "Domination" and "Double Domination", he tried the second mode. Though D-Dom actualy works with this level, the mode really requires a whole different kind of architecture. In other words, please only play this level with "Domination".

Comment

The Alpha-II is now available. There are no changes in this version, it's only a recook for the new version of the Domination mod, compatible with the 1-10-2015 build.

If you have them, please delete any previous versions of the mod and/or the map, as they may cause interference.

Comment

Working...
                          X