Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-WarHouse RC1c (giant map,recompiled for new UE ver.)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DM-WarHouse RC1c (giant map,recompiled for new UE ver.)

DM-WarHouseRC1c

Ordinary house located in the middle of the forest. You can see 2 connected rooms- kitchen and living room. Everything seems to be normal except one thing- you're the size of a rat!

8 years after I made 2 maps for Unreal Tournament 3 (see my signature!) I decided to jump into Unreal Editor again. It was kinda hard- I'm not a student anymore with tons of free time This time I decided to make something I was dreaming about- learn basics of 3d modelling program. I chose Blender and started learning it the same time I was learning UE4.

Yup- it's a giant map again! I know that lots of people don't like (or even hate!) this type of maps. It's not possible to please everyone I know, that it's not photorealistic, best-looking, best modeled map for UT. But I really put my heart into the creation of the map, had lots of fun making it and kinda happy from the final result!

So why a giant map? I remember when I first saw a giant map for UT'99 when I was a kid, I thought that it's an amazing idea. Lots of us, when we were kids, were playing with all of these G.I. Joe action figures around a house and imagined that our rooms are some kind of arenas. Giant maps are all about FUN, not professional gameplay, cups, etc. Just f-u-n, sniping, camping, killing bots or reckless people who decided to uncover themselves

I hope you will enjoy this map, as much I enjoyed making it. Turn a blind eye to defects and imperfections, try to discover all the stuff I placed everywhere. There are some secrets, physical-based stuff you can shot to destroy/move and lots of small details I tried to add. There is even a secret room with a custom super-weapon, Total Annihilator!

Why it's RC1 version, not the final one? You may call it "1.0" version. Since Unreal Tournament is still in development, I have to rebuild and re-release my map everytime game, or editor is patched. In the meantime I will add new things, fix errors and correct some stuff. For now, I want to focus on my new project (map), but I will return to DM-WarHouse everytime it will be needed. I plan to release Xmas/CTF version as well!

Some pics taken in a "real world"

And result in Unreal Tournament!

Known bugs:

- Bots get stucked in several places- it seems that they can't crouch or jump through few things.
    - Bots can't get out from the old gramophone

Changelog (a3b>RC1):

- added new room with secret weapon
    - fixed all jumpads to work with low-grav mutators
    - new meshes: wood logs, plant, doormat, door handle, wall lamp in outside area, etc.
    - lots of small changes, both in visual and gameplay side

Changelog (RC1>RC1a):

- recompiled for Unreal Engine 4.11 version
    - reduced file size, from 313 MB to 229 MB!

Changelog (RC1a>RC1b):

- recompiled for new Unreal Engine version
    - deleted invisible jumpad reported by DutchSmoke (thank you)

Changelog (RC1b>RC1c):

- recompiled for new Unreal Engine version

Download:
    DM-WarHouseRC1c (from mpforums.com, 230 MB, checksum f4466eb40d9d093ff3a96d43ca564c12)
    Readme.txt
    Last edited by FreEp; 11-03-2016, 09:13 AM.
    My Maps: DM-Bedroom | DM-FlatWars | DM-WarHouse | DM-Pub

Holy hell, this map is huge! There's soo much stuff to see. It will take months to learn it :P
    Amazing job !

Only complains I have :

- Too many reflective surfaces
    - translucent shelfs in the fridge are very confusing
    - sniper rifle is OP
    My portfolio : krystian.krissart.pl
    My UT map (WIP) : Tropical Tower

Comment

Thank's Krystian! It's great to hear feedback from such a talented person

- Too many reflective surfaces
      You mean the main floor texture, right? In real life that floor is varnished, so I tried to imitate that "effect". Another reason is insurmountable for me- when you pick a huge texture which is not seamless (like 4048 x 4048 size) and put it on a floor in such a big map, that this "floor" from player's perspective (about 10-15 cm of height) will be pixelated, blurry and just ugly. This reflective effect can cover it a bit. I will try to tone it, when the next build will be needed!

- translucent shelfs in the fridge are very confusing
      Translucent material is too, hmmm, translucent? I can change material to not translucent plastic on a few shelves, and make the glass a bit darker. Maybe that will make it less confusing I guess you have some problems to leave from shelf with tomatos and cucumbers?

- sniper rifle is OP
      As it should be on a sniper map, lol I can delete a few snipers here and there. As far as I know people love to play maps like this with instagib/zoom and low gravity mutators, so weapon placement is not that important.

Have you found the new super-duper weapon in secret room?

Cheers mate, BIG thank's for feedback! I'll try to fix some stuff asap and it will be ready when Unreal Engine 4.9 arrive
      Last edited by FreEp; 09-07-2015, 03:45 PM.

Comment

I'm gonna play the level again later on to point out those reflective elements. The map is very busy as it is with all the details and reflective surfaces add up to it.

I will look at the fridge as well ... I can't remember how exacly it looked. I remember jumping from the top one to the one at the door with bottles ( at that point I think I was killed by NPC : > )

Hmm I guess testing map like this with bots is not a good idea. They always know where you are :P

I'll try to give you better feedback tomorrow ( or maybe even today).

When is 4.9 coming out ? Maybe I should wait with fixing my stuff ( it will either fix itself or break ever more :P )

Comment

When is 4.9 coming out ? Maybe I should wait with fixing my stuff ( it will either fix itself or break ever more :P )
          I have no idea so far. It can be a big update (like when the Outpost map was finished, fully meshed) related to CTF-Outside- they are working on that map now (check castle meshes in editor!). Epic can also do it without any big "reasons" too. 4.8 update was also problematic for me First I wasn't able to PIE (play in editor), then my map gets all black and after I solve that problems (Thank's Laambo!) whole lighting change in my map- they change general contrast in game I think You should try to fix all the stuff you can- in case new problems arrive.
          We're in pre-alpha stage, so that's a normal thing!

Comment

Yeah I've noticed the contrast thing as well. I was trying to fix it and in result, I completely screwed up lighting on my map :P.

I've played some more today and I was much less confused with all the reflections and transparency ( guess I was tired today ) so what I've said yesterday was more like nit-picking :P.

But well, since I'm nit-picking, I would change the glass to look more like this ( I don't know how much you can do with the materials in UE ) :

http://www.pilkington.com/resources/...rd_opal300.jpg

There are few more visual things that you could change, but that would be a super, super nit-picking >.<

It's a fantastic map and I wouldn't mind trying it out with some other people

Comment

Can you throw a few flags in this map, move around some spawns and turn it into a CTF map? I would love to play LGI CTF on this map.
              PayBack
              Come Join UT4Pugs.com on Discord! https://discord.gg/nx5Gnbx
              Capture the Flag, Elimination, Duel, Assault, Flag Run, Death Match, Team Death Match, Custom Maps and Mutators!
              UT4Pugs Chicao MEGAHUB - Dual CPU, Intel Xeon 16C/32T 64GB RAM Bare Metal Server
              UT4Pugs Detroit Minihub - Single CPU, Intel Haswell 4C/4T 8GB RAM SSD Bare Metal Server

Comment

Thank's Chrissx2! I think, that I won't have any problems with material you presented.

Originally posted by Chrissx2
                Yeah I've noticed the contrast thing as well. I was trying to fix it and in result, I completely screwed up lighting on my map :P.
                Me too! Wasn't able to return to values I had previously. After a while I decided, that this contrast could be even better than before :P

Originally posted by Chrissx2
                It's a fantastic map and I wouldn't mind trying it out with some other people
                Thank you! It's already on 2 hubs- Lamboo's and one which belongs to Trinatek.

Originally posted by -jay-
                Can you throw a few flags in this map, move around some spawns and turn it into a CTF map? I would love to play LGI CTF on this map.
                Jay, as I said in my first post, I'm planning to release ctf/xmas versions of this map later this year. Now I must give a pause, rest from this map- I spent over 2 months making it

Now I'm working on a new map, it's still no name. Just 2 short days of work so I can't show more- 3 small preview shots (edit: +2 more from today with different lighting and textures to show map ambience). I hope to release first alpha in a month and, yes, it's giant map again! First map in my life which is not based on an existing place- everything from scratch, every mesh will be made by myself.

Warning- lots of placeholders in there! WIP.

Last edited by FreEp; 09-11-2015, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FreEp View Post

Thank you! It's already on 2 hubs- Lamboo's and one which belongs to Trinatek.
                  ...will be updating the Hub with this current version (RC1) later today!

...awesome job FreEp! ... can't wait to see your next one!
                  http://s5.postimg.org/edy9j9ykn/Laam...Forum_Sig1.jpg

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-
                  http://s5.postimg.org/qsk8gc8zn/Instagib.gif

Comment

Thank's Laambo for adding the newest version of WarHouse to your hub!

Just played a few matches and I saw, that there are a few problems with my new secret weapon (like the beam is blue again, rather than red). There is some kind of problem with custom weapons in this build, so I'll wait till the next one.

... and about the next map- slowly, but work is moving forward. A few days ago I finished the hardest model I've ever made- full medieval armor. I want to make my new map less complicated, without so maaany meshes (but with higher quality ones)- hope you'll like it!

Last edited by FreEp; 09-22-2015, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Man!!! This is so amazing! I wish to play Invasion on those maps. Dvelopers! You should to make Invasion-Monsterhunt gametype. We already have great maps for it.

Comment

Oh my god! I used to play a lot on these kind of maps in CoD 2. I'm really excited to see it here. I would prefer an "only sniper" gamemode for this.

Comment

Holy **** nice job. Can't wait for the CTF version!
                          Clan:{TDC}The Demolition Crew
                          Steam Group:UT-LGI
                          http://cache.www.gametracker.com/ser...FFF_000000.png
                          http://cache.www.gametracker.com/ser...FFF_000000.png
                          UT4:192.223.24.155:7777
                          http://streambadge.com/twitch/custom.../tdcmatrix.png

Comment

Originally posted by Dahatox View Post
                            Oh my god! I used to play a lot on these kind of maps in CoD 2. I'm really excited to see it here. I would prefer an "only sniper" gamemode for this.
                            Downloading it for Fraggalonia Sniper Arena server right now.
                            Stacey Conley
                            -----------------------------
                            Unreal Tournament Community Manager
                            Epic Games, Inc.
                            Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

I hope to see this map with a download option like the other ones in the Launcher.

Comment

Working...
                              X