DM-Edge [Duel]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-Edge [Duel]

DM-Edge, remake from UT3, with adjustments and changes for UT4, Duel sized map

This is a pretty early version, with bad textures, missing faces but it's playable!
    Please let me know what you think, weapons, health and ammo are identical to UT3 which might not work with the reduced amount in UT4, armours are the same but there is now a helmet in place of amp.
    Currently the windows at the belt>shock lift dont have anything in them like the UT3 version so while it looks like you can go through, you can't, will be more noticeable at some point.

Screens:

Changelog:
    Code:
    Change log for:
    DM-Edge for Unreal Tournament (4)
    Scott 'Cr4zy' Coxhead

::Version 03:: 29/03/2017
    +Modified the small dodge ramp from belt to link gun as dodging on it would for whatever reason cause the game to crash
    +Recook for new build

::Version 02:: 27/09/2015
    +Recook for latest build

::Version 01:: 09/09/2015
    +Initial release
    +Changes from UT3 DM-Edge/Edge-Night:
    Many of the trick jumps relied on double jump, as such there are now a ton of dodgeramps instead
    Dodge ramp + wall dodge from lower link to belt platform
    Dodge ramp / wall run above belt ramp towards stinger
    Dodge ramp out of belt pit to lower link
    Wall run + wall dodge from stinger to flak
    Wall run + wall dodge from 2x 25 to chest armour
    Wall run around lower rockets curve
    Wall run above shock on long platform
    Wall dodge at old amp location to small trim platform
    Belt to upper link now has a ledge and wall dodge up (this is to keep the existing double jump/wall dodge which is no longer possible, but introduced more risk at the expense of it being easier to perform)
    Walls above belt lift to stinger have been moved in slightly to keep existing jump + walldodge to belt possible
    A small dodge ramp at lower link to flak to replace wall dodge
    The pillar from the top level at Bio overlooking the belt has been removed
    Slightly widened area between sniper and amp area
    No U-Damage in this build, aimed more for duel, might add it back in once duel removes them from gameplay
    Changed the very small 90degree corner at top of the upper link to stinger ramp to a 45degree corner so you cant get stuck in the corner.
    Current release: Version 03 - 20th April 2017
    Updated for latest build, same file name

Download:

http://cr4zyb4st4rd.co.uk/Maps/UT4/D...wsNoEditor.pak
    Last edited by Cr4zy; 03-30-2018, 03:15 PM. Reason: Updated for latest build, same file name

I'm happy to see this UT3 must have make a return in UT4

Will try it asap
    Stevie's corner Maps, DM-Akar A1, DM-Aryth R1, DM-Aly R1, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta Links, All UT4 CTF custom maps, All UT4 remakes, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Holding..back..the...tears.... Awesome to see this coming back!
      Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Thanks Cr4zy. It's playable on Seniors Nirvana .sr hub. The hub is down for maintenance and will be up tonight or tomorrow.

Comment

Version 01

Finally had the chance to play one of my top UT3 map

I must say, all the changes are for the better and I think the actual pickup placement is fine as it is. No need to change nothing.

The only real problem I have it's the fact the game crash after ±2 mins of playtime ? It does that only with this map ? Still, it may be fix with the next release.

As far as I'm concerned, gameplay is great !
          Stevie's corner Maps, DM-Akar A1, DM-Aryth R1, DM-Aly R1, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta Links, All UT4 CTF custom maps, All UT4 remakes, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
            Finally had the chance to play one of my top UT3 map

I must say, all the changes are for the better and I think the actual pickup placement is fine as it is. No need to change nothing.

The only real problem I have it's the fact the game crash after ±2 mins of playtime ? It does that only with this map ? Still, it may be fix with the next release.

As far as I'm concerned, gameplay is great !
            Thanks, as for the crashes, im not sure, maybe it needs a re-cook on the new build, not really done much since I released it honestly, will maybe do a re-cook this weekend just in-case.

Comment

I've recooked on the new build, hopefully that solves the crashes.

https://ut.rushbase.net/Cr4zy/DM-Edg...wsNoEditor.pak

Comment

I was also getting crashes on the last build. The latest version has been uploaded to Seniors Nirvana .sr [Dallas] hub. I just ran through it and the sniper bullets and belt look black to me. Could just be isolated to me though.

Comment

A2

First play with 3 bots,

It crashed after ±2 mins of playing.

Restart the game, load the map with 3 bots again.

No crash after 15 mins of playing !?

I wasn't sure I've got the A2 version because it is named 01 version ingame

Looking forward the next update

Comment

ahhh the map name right. oops forgot that was a thing.

Not sure about those black pickups either.

Comment

Any chance of making this Edge-Night version instead of the original daylight?
                      Is this playable for the current build?

Comment

Originally posted by legionz View Post
                        Any chance of making this Edge-Night version instead of the original daylight?
                        Is this playable for the current build?
                        Unsure what final lighting will be.
                        Yes it's playable.

Comment

Is this map still being worked on? It looks amazing but it had issues with crashing during matches.

Comment

Yes Crazy, don't let this one die. Here's hoping you'll finish this out.
                            Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Code:
                              ::Version 03:: 29/03/2017
                              +Modified the small dodge ramp from belt to link gun as dodging on it would for whatever reason cause the game to crash
                              +Recook for new build
                              Download:

http://cr4zyb4st4rd.co.uk/Maps/UT4/D...wsNoEditor.pak

Comment

Working...
                              X