CTF-Quick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OFFICIAL] CTF-Quick

During the awesome CTF event we had here at Epic and getting to watch some of the high level play on show, I got super inspired to make a new CTF shell. I'm going for a fast paced symmetrical layout that has some good opportunities for wall runs and jump moves but while also being easy to learn and play for fun.

Here are a few screenshots as a preview, keep an eye out for it when the next build comes out!

[screenshot]https://forums.unrealtournament.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20143&d=1442961859[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]https://forums.unrealtournament.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20144&d=1442961859[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]https://forums.unrealtournament.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20145&d=1442961859[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]https://forums.unrealtournament.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20146&d=1442961860[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]https://forums.unrealtournament.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20147&d=1442961860[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]https://forums.unrealtournament.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20148&d=1442961860[/screenshot]
    Attached Files
    Last edited by stuman; 09-22-2015, 07:05 PM.

Saw this get checked in, not managed to take a run around yet but looks interesting

Comment

Ran around it in the editor a bit. The layout is definitely super straightforward and seems like a fun map to me. Looking forward to playing this when released.

Nice work man.
      MyArtstation
      @jayoplus

Comment

Nice m8 look forward to running around it
        Shoutcaster/Commentator
        Progamer for Team-dignitas
        10 years worth of e-sports experience
        Twitch.TV | YouTube | Twitter

Comment

Greetings and Salutations [epic]stuman. Why wait for the new build? Just release it now! We will play it and give feedback. We have another new map we wanted to test, so maybe we could do a pug with these two new maps.

Comment

The screenshots are ever cool this map is this time an indoor map?

I wait for the new build yeah!!!

Comment

Yesss, more wallrunning and rewarding jump moves in the new UT please Good movement should be rewarded, as it takes skill and a bit of a risk! Good job, so far, looking good!

Comment

oh man those curved walls look really nice!

Comment

Nice geometry work! Really looking forward to this. We need more CTF maps!

Comment

Cafe: I thought about that but I knew the build was coming pretty quickly so I figured I'd just wait for it. This should be live in the newest build, let me know any feedback you guys have!

Comment

I think these new curved walls enabling longer walljumps are superb and really amplify the movement possibilities of the new UT. Personally i think its super fun to use them and to get rewarding advantages due to good movement skills. Also its great that you can translocate to them (throw disc at them, right click and instantly hold wallrun button), so you can combine a dodge or lift jump with a nice wallrun

Comment

Feedback on the map, so far.

- Since the flak is still OP, the position of the flak on this map, aint no good, its a flag tournament around the base area, we need to avoid such.
                        - The belt spot is too easy to pick its on the center of the map in a small room, it should be more of a challenge to get that one. (opening doors, mechanics, tricks, deathpit?)
                        - The lighting on serveral places is really dark, specially at those curved doorways, and in the middle area.
                        - Wallrun thing is kinda need idea, but since im a fast attacker, the wallrun hardly gives me any advantages it slows me down at the moment even with a slide dodge on it.
                        - This map aint much fun for iCTF, you need to walk a straight way to get the opponents base, unless you use the slow wallrun side pathway.

The flow of the map feels alright and its a fun map to play, but there are enough things to tweak and change to make it a proper ctf map.
                        Last edited by Mcjansen; 10-06-2015, 06:34 PM.
                        | Designer | Copywriter | Writer | Editor | Soundtrack lover | Known as 7eVeN^ since UT'99!
                        Follow me at Twitter @Mcjansen

Comment

I'm no competitive player.

Still, the map is fun and gameplay remind me of UT99/200x classic maps which is awesome

The only thing that bug's me a bit are the size of the windows, it's hard to translocate in them but I still manage to do so. It's just that I have to stop to properly aim and shoot. I cannot afford to shoot wile moving or I'm dead meat lol.

But again, it's a very cool layout and pickup placement are alright for me.
                          Stevie's corner
                          My UT4 maps
                          Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Great to see the changes I suggested! Really like this map, I think it plays really well. Hopefully can get some pug playtime on it.

Comment

Fun map! I've only played it a couple of times but I've always enjoyed it. My only issue with it (if I recall correctly) is that there's a bit of a bottleneck when trying to leave the enemy base with the flag. I'd imagine that at high levels of competitive play, it would be nearly impossible (relative to other maps) to leave the base with the flag. If I'm being dumb and overlooking something obvious that makes this not the case, just ignore my comment. Hopefully I'll have time to play this again soon. The map has a lot of potential, I think!
                              Creator of NewNet for UT99

Comment

Working...
                              X