CTF-W00T for UT4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-W00T for UT4

instagib Capture the Flag - W00T (18th of April build)

DOWNLOAD @ HERE

Link for more Instagib Capture the Flag maps @ here

Attached Files
    Last edited by Loque-; 04-24-2017, 02:02 PM.
    Visit our website unreal-battles.net
    Join the
    European UT4 community on Facebook @ www.ut4.eu/fb-group-page/ and webchat + games @ click here

hmm, you should do a snap i think its "end" key, to snap it on floor, on second picture your healt is going into mesh and a stand for some kind of weapon is floating in air!

Try to get ut99 high rest pack, and make normal maps, the default editor textures and materials are not that good for w00t.

Also skybox should space? if you were going for original?

Comment

Originally posted by bass3 View Post
      hmm, you should do a snap i think its "end" key, to snap it on floor, on second picture your healt is going into mesh and a stand for some kind of weapon is floating in air!

Try to get ut99 high rest pack, and make normal maps, the default editor textures and materials are not that good for w00t.

Also skybox should space? if you were going for original?
      thanks for some noticing, will definately change! (altho it is firstly made for instagib)
      im not in for ut99 original remakes, we could use some new looks in 2015-2016 ^^
      Join the
      European UT4 community on Facebook @ www.ut4.eu/fb-group-page/ and webchat + games @ click here

Comment

* Skybox is constant flickering here.
        * Spawns aren't right (you will spawn in opposite base, if this was your purpose, change name to AndaW00t ;D)
        * Also I wasn't able to see the red flag (when dropped) most of time.

Size is perfect, jumppads are working pretty well (length, height seems ok)

Comment

thanks, v2 will come asap (altho skybox works here without a prob...)
          Join the

Comment

v2 available now
            Join the

Comment

is the visibility with that checker pattern ok?
              ut4 @ ESL
              skeevn: The A-side frags [fragmovie]
              usefull jumps for beginners and advanced
              skeevn 2v2 ictf mappack

The only *** playing with arrowkeys since '95

Comment

please play and let me know, it didnt disturb me but the better the feedback the better I can make the map
                Join the

Comment

I'll be honest, there's probably 10versions of w00t right now, basically the same as this one. It's hard to give feedback because it's all the same. To make a w00t remake, with those visuals, isn't enough. Be creative, try to mesh it, add something nice. Make it UT4.

There is a user here who was supposed to be doing this kind of remake to w00t. First of all, try to use the assets on Outpost and Facing Worlds, just to test it, put the skybox of Facing Worlds in w00t, try to bring something from the towers to these two pseudo-towers and post it.

You have a great example with facing worlds UT4 version, basically the same type of map. Try to be inspired by it.
                  work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

Honestly what kind of feedback are you looking for? Its a simple remake of a 16 year old map, you took UT99 map and added UT4 textures to it, good job? Woot was a fun map for UT99, the flow of the map is still fun and fast paced, however its nothing new and exciting.

If you want to make a good version of woot, keep the game play design, but make it something new. I can think of tons of ways to make woot as a new map but keep the same UT99 design and flow. People enjoyed woot not because its 6 BSP boxes floating in space, they enjoyed the fast paced action. There are so many amazing abilities of UE4 that its disappointing how many people are doing straight UT99 remakes.

Heres a few ideas to do a woo remake that is actually cool and generates excitement.

Change the theme, keep the design. Those two boxes can be set into any background. How about those are two cliff edges with a giant water fall between them? How about the sides of two battling space ships? What about two asteroids in close proximity in the midst of a giant asteroid field? Maybe they can be in a giant mined out cave fighting between two flying mining machines?

Simple just isnt going to cut it anymore with UT maps. Sure the classics will still get played, but Epic has really raised the bar and UE4 allows everyone to reach for that bar now. No excuse for a map that doesnt excite and invoke the imagination of players. The last map i made took me well over 100 hours of work and its a small thorns like map. I could make this map in 2 hours tops. My next map I am expecting around 500 hours to complete.
                    Last edited by PayBack; 09-30-2015, 08:46 AM.
                    PayBack
                    Come Join UT4Pugs.com on Discord! https://discord.gg/nx5Gnbx
                    Capture the Flag, Elimination, Duel, Assault, Flag Run, Death Match, Team Death Match, Custom Maps and Mutators!
                    UT4Pugs Chicao MEGAHUB - Dual CPU, Intel Xeon 16C/32T 64GB RAM Bare Metal Server
                    UT4Pugs Detroit Minihub - Single CPU, Intel Haswell 4C/4T 8GB RAM SSD Bare Metal Server

Comment

I think we are not rly on 1 line here.
                      I admire the mappers who put all energy in 2016 environments and take that as a "UT4 standard", but in all honesty the majority of the playergroup at the moment just want playable maps, fast quick and slick and of course not in the **** texture quality of 1999. Because that is what we lack (at least in competitive play, especially around 2x2).
                      It's the only reason i've put some time to get this together

Knowing this, I have to make decissions how far you go in detailing the maps. As hobby-ists we are probably very precise and have a sharp eye, and yes I also can put hoouuursss in a shiny map, but I have to find a balance between letting the maplist grow and having an acceptable map.

So what kind of feedback am I looking for?
                      - Does this version meet your gameplay flow size-wise, jumppad-wise and are the textures good enough for no disturbing play?

I know several ppl put effort in a w00t remake, but to be fair I haven't found one yet meeting my requirements for our pugs.
                      Or just give me a dload link which I missed

A little sidenote:
                      I do think in competitive play slick textures and nice shiny meshes will not be seen/used at all. People will go for performance/legotextures in cups/high level competition.
                      Does that mean that we don't have to make pistola-like maps? Of course not, just as a sidenote
                      Somewhere in between is the golden middle-way imo.

see you!
                      Last edited by Loque-; 10-01-2015, 03:48 AM.
                      Join the

Comment

As Loque wrote, we, competive players don't need good looking textures maps.

Outpost is horrible as you can at https://youtu.be/hloWvp9avRI?t=41m20s . From bright to dark, annoying as ****. Didn't found a way to fix this. If people use the white skin and I'm around the Flak, I'm unable to see them outside which is just ridiculous.
                        Same with Outside, played much better without these "high res" textures. When doing down I'm blinded by the reflection of the wall...

Imo, I'm not waiting after maps with textures. Maps like Chill and Deck play ****ing well compared with Outpost and Outside.

Only those who play this game as a quickie want high res textures.
                        If people want nice graphics, go play a SP-only game.

@Loque: for the skybox, are you using a specific file cause in the past I had problems with other maps as well (flickering, some kind of red fog). Will test v2 tomorrow if specialone is online, might even upload my game if I have time. I need my daily 1v1's ;p
                        Last edited by LoSaH; 09-30-2015, 05:38 PM.

Comment

I don't consider you guys the competitive players, at all. For that same reason. Think about it.
                          work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

Originally posted by HeisenbergTrip View Post
                            I don't consider you guys the competitive players, at all. For that same reason. Think about it.
                            i dont get why you just made a direct insult, weird tbh cos i dont see any reason.
                            see you around!
                            Join the

Comment

Skybox is still shiiit for me Loque in v2. Makes me having an epilepsy attack

Note; OBS doesn't even capture it all cause it's more worse on my screen then shown on yt.

Comment

Working...
                              X