DM-TundraIV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-TundraIV

Hey guys, don't know if anyone is looking for a remake of this, but I am OldSkool :-). And as I don't have that much time with a 60 hour job and a family, I like this map, cause it's small and "finnishable" for me.
    I didn't export/import, I just started from scratch, with the Unreal 1 editor opened at the bottom. Made the bsp a while ago and I am putting in the meshes in at this moment. All the content will be custom ( there is even a nalifruit :-)).
    Let me hear if you like the idea, and the results so far.

Attached Files

omg, it was my favorite map in U1's botmatch in my childhood!
    liked to spam eightball rockets & bio from the top of the tower

so nostalgic... of course, it's a nice idea! good luck with the project!
    DM-SpaceMiracle

Comment

Thanx Buran-kun, those were good times indeed . I'll be sharing the map once it is done. Any tips on the best way to share / upload the map?

Comment

Google Drive or DropBox works well, for example
        DM-SpaceMiracle

Comment

Hey, cool to see this. I can always use a Tundra in my playlist. Curious what assets you are using? Are you using any TitanPass stuff?
          Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Hey M^uL, they are all custom made assets I made in 3dsMAX, textures made in Photoshop using the pixplant plug-in. And the sounds I have to admit I used from Unreal1 and UT2004, wolf, bird, wind, drip etcetc

Comment

Amazing stuff man! Love to see all of those classic maps, great trip to carefree childhood

Great to see so many custom content in your map. And can't wait to try it!

Actually, the best place to store maps for the new UT is ut.rushbase.net - it's a free server just for UT map/mod makers. You just register and put your map in *.pak (without ziping, or raring it). Multiplayer server owners are able to directly link your map to server.
              My Maps: DM-Bedroom | DM-FlatWars | DM-WarHouse | DM-Pub

Comment

Thanx for the tip FreEp, I will upload it there when it's done. Nothing we like more then lots of people playing our maps . I made Tundra before in UDK about 4 years ago, but I was missing all the pick-ups and the bots. There's still a video of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFdsRs4PWVY

Comment

OOoo I used to love this map! It was on this map I learned how to become a good player, and also how to jump on top of the rocks and camp lol
                  Win 10
                  iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
                  3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                  32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
                  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
                  DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
                  2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

Originally posted by pBOOST View Post
                    Hey M^uL, they are all custom made assets I made in 3dsMAX, textures made in Photoshop using the pixplant plug-in. And the sounds I have to admit I used from Unreal1 and UT2004, wolf, bird, wind, drip etcetc
                    Wow, cool. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Been a while but still working on it, here are some updated screens. Next is the AI, the vertex painting, and the smaller meshes...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nice! Good luck and keep it up!
                        DM-SpaceMiracle

Comment

Level finished and uploaded

Hi guys, the level is done, I shared it and I put it on rushbase. Have fun playing :-)

Comment

Hey pBoost, I did a quick run through of this tonight. You've put together a bunch of really cool custom assets here. The feel of Tundra is bigtime there, The main thing is that it is way too dark in many areas. Do you have a skylight in at all? This will be awesome once you get it lit properly. The bots seemed like they were having issues in some areas also.

When you say the level is "done", I hope you mean your first playable version because you've done so much work on this, I'd hate to see you not polish this a bit.

Comment

Great map! Lotta good memories there.
                              Creator of NewNet for UT99

Comment

Working...
                              X