Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] CTF-Trenches

Hi there,

to get to know the new UnrealEditor (and basically get started on it from scratch) I remade one of my all-time-favourite Capture-the-Flag maps, originally from Raven Software's Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force (called Beta Station in that game), and have rebuilt that as faithful as possible (perhaps someone knows the original). There are a few pics in the attachments, would be nice to know if I'm not the only one who thinks this map works as good in UT as it did in a Quake-3-like game (meaning STVEF).

If anyone takes a liking to it, I would need to know where to upload it if anyone wants to share =)

Download the map here. (New version as of Oct 28th 2015)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by smintili; 10-28-2015, 08:53 AM.

It has this weird but cool neon/cel shaded kinda look to it. I wanna try it out.

You can upload it to dropbox in like 2 seconds.

Comment

The look is not final, I just haven't found the right textures yet ^^
      I've attached some screenshots of the original map (keep in mind this was the year 2000, so don't expect a high level of detail XD) so you can see what I am aiming for (so far I seem to be too stupid to find out how to change the skybox -.-)

Don't have a dropbox account, but Google Drive, that would work.
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks good so far, I know you already said the neon colors are temporary but they are just too bright right now.
        PayBack
        Come Join UT4Pugs.com on Discord! https://discord.gg/nx5Gnbx
        Capture the Flag, Elimination, Duel, Assault, Flag Run, Death Match, Team Death Match, Custom Maps and Mutators!
        UT4Pugs Chicao MEGAHUB - Dual CPU, Intel Xeon 16C/32T 64GB RAM Bare Metal Server
        UT4Pugs Detroit Minihub - Single CPU, Intel Haswell 4C/4T 8GB RAM SSD Bare Metal Server

Comment

Thank you! =)
          Concerning the textures, what would you recommend? I was looking to use much less reflective textures and wanted to change the skybox to something more reminiscent of the original (see my previous post with the "stvoy hm" screenshot attachments), meaning some space background. Also I'm trying to find out how to make objects glow, and I would like to put some lights into it, but so far I haven't found the right settings yet (as I said, these are basically my first steps with the editor, so I'm still learning).

Comment

Doing some work right now concerning lighting, texturing and the skybox finally looks how it's supposed to. Will upload the updated version shortly.

Comment

Here's a picture of how it looks so far. Had to delete the textures, but those will be remade once I found a look that satisfies me.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by smintili; 10-14-2015, 06:53 AM.

Comment

looking gfreat map hope ya get a new verion soon, aswell it remind me of Str Trek Elite Force map too
                My Levels \ maps
                [ CTF-November Collection ]

[ My website- ncc24656.uk ] [ My Ytube Page ][ My Twitter Page ][ My Raptr Page ] [ My Plays.tv Page ]

Old community new site and url
                [
                Admin at Unreal Addicts Community (ONLINE NOW) ]
                Best new Site for UT99, UT2004 and UT3 Ladders
                [
                OWNED WELL - All Welcome to join the community ]

Comment

@Atomicfire: It is from Elite Force
                  Was my favourite map back in STVEF! And it's a nice way of getting used to the editor.

Comment

Okay, packaging takes ages. But basically the map is finished (although if needed the textures can still be changed and I definitely will do some cosmetic changes about the texture alignment to give the map a more organic feel) and the new version will be uploaded shortly.

And I'm thinking of putting some more static meshes in there, just to give the map some decoration. But I'm not sure if this bare-bone version isn't enough and if too much decoration would distract.

Comment

Okay, there we go. New version is uploading right now, should be working in just a few seconds.

Comment

Ah, ****. Ingame I am just seeing that the skybox doesn't work -.-

Comment

Perhaps someone here can help me. The skybox as shown above doesn't appear ingame - in there it looks like this:

It is supposed to look like this:

Does anyone know how to get the game to display the correct texture?
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by smintili; 10-24-2015, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Yes! Finally I've got it working, skybox and everything! So now all that's left to do is smooth out the textures - apart form that, enjoy it and don't be shy to give me some feedback on the map!

Comment

So, feedback, anyone?

Comment

Working...
                              X