*add aimbient storm and rain sounds
    *add wheel with animation(completed)
    *color some static meshes
    *add ambient sounds
    *add on trigger ambient sound on wood planks and stairs in middle of map
    *add water on floor
    *add on window mesh with rain effect

changelog 10.03.2016:

-Added Jumpboots at rocket area, its now possible to jump up second floor where elevator exists and interupt enemy.
    -Added thightpads and helmet for your pleasure
    -Fixed Window Glass is now transculent and correct (even so it will be replaced in near future)

changelog 04.03.2016:

-New elevator
    -Wheels are now bigger and turn in opposite direction

Known BUGS:
    Window glass didn't cook with map, needs redo.

changelog 02.02.2016:

-Added first pass ambient sounds,
    -Enlarge slope over DD, and added material
    -Added material on small boxes near link gun
    -Coloured Elevator
    -Added Spinning wheel in middle of map
    -first pass, rain on Rocket Launcher windows (its terrible, needs redo).

Known BUGS:
    Metal on walls doesn't cook with map, needs redo.

changelog 1.11.2015:

-minor bug fixes
    -fixed DD area for ut4, now you can wallslide over it

changelog 12.10.2015:

-added experimental ramps instead jumpads
    -replaced skybox
    -added small boxes near link gun
    -replaced wood planks with new, its no longer black or green
    -removed some of unecessary wood planks, and lamps on floor

screens:
    Last edited by bass3; 03-12-2016, 08:09 AM. Reason: New Update!!!

I dunno, it might make a fresh change to see it more futuristic looking. Keep it up!
    Win 10
    iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
    DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
    2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

I can only see Rankin with an industrial style-set ... well I am quite biased by the 2k4 version I guess :P

Am curious on how you solve the problem with the slope dodges. In UT4 it is not possible to reach the same relative height, right? Other than that, I hope you get the scaling right!

Comment

Originally posted by Danielito View Post
        I can only see Rankin with an industrial style-set ... well I am quite biased by the 2k4 version I guess :P
        Same here, but I am trying to find alot pictures for inspiration atm, and couldn't find any this coridor seems to fit very well, I will try to work on main area (shock rifle area) then I will post new screeny so you can judge it.

Originally posted by Danielito View Post
        Am curious on how you solve the problem with the slope dodges. In UT4 it is not possible to reach the same relative height, right? Other than that, I hope you get the scaling right!
        Actually, I converted map, and slopes are impossible, I can make them like in ut3, make anti gravity box that pulls you up, but I have put jumppads, and they work very well, specially for rankin, I tested it out with 10 bots, and they seem to know how to use them

Comment

The thing is, those slopes gave you cover in various situations.

How about making the slopes similar to those in DM-Focus. A combination of a long steep slope with a flat short one at the top. Maybe that could be another solution. Still in DM-Focus they are to high, to get to the top ...

[screenshot]http://i.ytimg.com/vi/ca_gvzZsKKM/maxresdefault.jpg[/screenshot]

Comment

updated first post with download link

Comment

sexy... keep going :> gives me nerdchills!

Comment

imo, needs the ramps. Gotta figure out how to pull it off. 8)

Comment

Looks good, but less orange please? Needs to look more rustic and worn out with wood and stuff. Also, night time setting would be grand!

Comment

Thanks guys, means alot, just woke up going to work, then continue to work on it, I really like the orange/grey theme so far. On "Epic" settings looks fine, If you have ideas for what colours i could go for, make some paintovers?
                    Night skybox+bot paths incoming today, so you can guys test it around.

About ramps, you are totally right cafe, but blame epic not me, if someone figures out how to make ones I would be glad to add them instead jumpads ^^.

Comment

Nice Work your Map

Comment

Nice work bass3. Imo you could try to use the "Dm-solo" approach where you have that little slanted step that you can dodge and gain a vertical boost (near the belt for example)

Also I dont like the green wood of the ramps near rocket / armor
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by viperozza View Post
                          Also I dont like the green wood of the ramps near rocket / armor
                          Green wood is a bug, I don't know whats going on, I will have to reimport static mesh or something. About ramps, I got private message with a blueprint from one of forum members, I will try to test it today then you guys can see if it works for you.

Comment

This map has to return (with original music!), so I wish you well.

However, I am NOT a fan of jump pads being used directly in place of ramps in these remakes. The main reason being is that there was a little bit of skill involved in having to use a ramp, and it was always a risk to attempt it as it made you vulnerable were you to miss. Jump pads are guaranteed, and appear a bit 'lazy'. Also, they can just look out of place!

If you can't get ramps working, I would strongly suggest you use some boxes/crates/object of your imagination instead that makes the ledge reachable via a jump or two. This will slow the player down, introduce a risk element again, and keep your map looking like an authentic place.

Comment

Working...
                            X