No announcement yet.

DM-Pit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've made very nice progress and are hopefully going to get an even nicer end result.

Judging from the screenshots, The level is really really dark, and doesn't need to be a little lighter, but a lot.
    I think your scratches on your props are a bit blobby, I think you can scale them, and also the metal underneath. They seem to be scaled up to much.

Comment

BigUp for putting these updates up for the rest of us to test/enjoy jonathansty! Locked & Loaded on the LoPing Arena server for your enjoyment.
      And have yourself a very Merry Christmas!

So after a nice bash on it, some thoughts;

This acid pit would do nicely with a nice underglow.

Lighting needed here.

Overall I find it a pretty interesting map but personally feel it needs to be upscaled, maybe 2-3x. The way it
      is now it's good for 3 players max and think it'd do well for 6-8 players if upscaled some.
      Thanks again for sharing this with the rest of us and keep up the GoodWorks!
      Last edited by DutchSmoke; 12-29-2015, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Changelog

• Still meshing the level. Started doing other area using props and meshes I already made. Adding new ones at certain spots. Haven't unwrapped all of them and textured them
        • Encountered a block... No idea what new and exciting things I can do with my level.

If you have any feedback please drop a reply on here

Comment

BiGUp for sharing the update jonathansty! Reloaded & Locked on the LoPing for your enjoyment!

Comment

First of all thank you guys for the feedback! Forgot to thank everyone in the previous post.
            I've been working all day on the level. Making some progress. I'm unsure what to do with the top of my walls. Not sure if I can make it fit with the rest of the level. Just ending pillars is kind of strange atm.

Changelog

• Still meshing the level. Started doing other area using props and meshes I already made. Adding new ones at certain spots. Haven't unwrapped all of them and textured them
            • Created custom sky
            • more meshing
            • added some new blockout stuff
            • added decals
            • added obscure info board
            • experimented with lighting

Spoiler

If you have any feedback please drop a reply on here
            Last edited by jonathansty; 01-16-2016, 04:20 PM.

Comment

TY for the update! Reloaded & Locked on the LoPing for your enjoyment!
              So after a nice run on it, some thoughts;
              • Cool sludge pit fix!
              • Nice assets placed around the map in general (terminals,decals,textures,fans).

You may want to block the cieling off or they will go exploring.

This section could do with some lighting.

(Imo) I still find the scale used on the map to be rather compacted, so much so that I'm almost compeled to constantly run around with the hammer loaded.
              Thanks again for sharing and hope this helps. Keep up the GoodWorks!
              Last edited by DutchSmoke; 01-18-2016, 08:53 PM. Reason: Tested

Comment

Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
                TY for the update! Reloaded & Locked on the LoPing for your enjoyment

You may want to block the cieling off or they will go exploring.

(Imo) I still find the scale used on the map to be rather compacted, so much so that I'm almost compeled to constantly run around with the hammer loaded.
                Thanks again for sharing and hope this helps. Keep up the GoodWorks!
                Maybe I want people to run around a use that hammer a lot.

Thanks for the feedback DutchSmoke! Yes, scale wise it's maybe too small. This map is actually meant for a college assignment and had to be finished by today so I couldn't really make it bigger. Although I'm thinking of revising this once I've cleared up some extra time and add extra sections etc. Anyways thanks.

Anyways last update for a while!

Kind of tried to finish this map. Hopefully you guys like it and leave some nice feedback for me to improve on. (Didn't add blocking volumes yet dutchsmoke) Gonna add them soon and reupload.
                I'm too tired now.

Changelog

• Final touches to meshes
                • Final unwraps
                • added more lights
                • post processing
                • added fog

Spoiler

Thank you guys for all the feedback! Really appreciate it

Comment

No worries jonathansty, I hope your project was well recieved & credited! v011 Reloaded & Locked on the LoPing for your enjoyment.
                  Pretty neat atmosphere added! and keeping in mind what you already mentioned I just came across one curious issue on this latest version as shown below.

If you move around and aim at about the the level depicted you'll notice a black pixel line straight across your screen. It doesn't mess with frame
                  rate or gameplay but it's one of those things that once seen, cannot be unseen

Thanks again again for posting your works! & keep up the GooDWorks.
                  Last edited by DutchSmoke; 01-19-2016, 10:30 PM. Reason: Tested

Comment

Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
                    No worries jonathansty, I hope your project was well recieved & credited! v011 Reloaded & Locked on the LoPing for your enjoyment.
                    What exactly could be causing this line?

Comment

Honestly couldn't say, one thing that's certain, is v10 didn't have this issue. I don't think it's gpu related as both ati & nvidia cards have the exact same results. Hopefully the kind folks @ Epic or another mapper would be able to shed some light on this.

Comment

Working...
                      X