Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OFFICIAL] Dm-rgb

Hey guys,

This shell was included in the latest released build but I hadn't gotten around to actually making a thread for it yet. I've wanted to have a decent wall run test map internally for a while and so this was pretty quickly thrown together as a palette cleanser after shipping v1 of Titan Pass. It's really not to be taken too seriously but should still be fun for small or overcrowded FFAs, running loops popping heads and igniting combos while wall running. There have been a few minor tweaks since the latest build release but nothing crazy.

I also threw together some simple slope meshes and curved varieties thereof at a bunch of different radii to make it easier to shell. Hopefully will come in handy for others as well.

Some Screenshots:

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Attached Files

Really fun silly map. I like it
    Unofficial Enforcer Model
    Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

Silly indeed, but super cool

Comment

The parallel lines running across the walls suggest to me a track and field you'd find in a high school football stadium. What do you think about sprucing up this level in its final iteration to look something like that?

Comment

I really enjoyed it
          https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sm.zombieultra

Comment

Yep, really cool Sid, kind of Matrix style .

However, the feeling of pace when wall-running is a bit missing. Forward/backward movement speed when wallrunning should be a bit quicker, not only in this map to give a better benefit for doing so. Also - but maybe i'm to plain stupid to know if and how itts possible - it would be cool to jump of wallrun-movement to a lower area and continue the wallrune there, e.g. jump off out of wallrun movements from the red ring and down to the green ring to continue wallrun movement there.
            Anyway, mords spass, one of my recent favorites, danke Sid!

Comment

A wicked map

Really like all of the movement possibilities

My only concern is that I even after trying at least 20 times I couldn't grab the UDamage ! Is there more to do than liftjump ???
              Stevie's corner Maps, DM-Akar A1, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta Links, All UT4 CTF custom maps, All UT4 remakes, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

However, the feeling of pace when wall-running is a bit missing. Forward/backward movement speed when wallrunning should be a bit quicker, not only in this map to give a better benefit for doing so. Also - but maybe i'm to plain stupid to know if and how itts possible - it would be cool to jump of wallrun-movement to a lower area and continue the wallrune there, e.g. jump off out of wallrun movements from the red ring and down to the green ring to continue wallrun movement there.
                Wallrun speed right now depends heavily on how shallow your entry angle is and how soon you activate it. I.e. if you dodge forward into the wall at a super flat angle you will be able to maintain that dodge speed almost all the way on a sloped surface. Those inconsistencies and how the mechanic works in general was a big part of why I made this map in the first place so keep that feedback coming

Steve and I have talked about allowing you to continue wall running past the current negative velocity limit before, not sure when we'll try that however. That would basically allow you to do what you are talking about.

My only concern is that I even after trying at least 20 times I couldn't grab the UDamage ! Is there more to do than liftjump ???
                You can reach it via lift jump but I'm not positive if the version that is currently out in the wild actually has the same lift speed versions as the current one in our depot. I did change the curve to ease in and increased the speed a tiny bit at some point. You can also wallrun to it by coming around from the sniper side of the red ring!

Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by Clawfist View Post
                  It's really not to be taken too seriously but should still be fun for small or overcrowded FFAs
                  I found its camping spot for instagib
                  http://www.youtube.com/DrewTangNYC
                  http://www.twitch.tv/drewtang

Comment

Originally posted by Clawfist View Post
                    Steve and I have talked about allowing you to continue wall running past the current negative velocity limit before, not sure when we'll try that however. That would basically allow you to do what you are talking about.
                    Good to know you guys are considering it because I think it would be quite fun.
                    Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Same spot that I use

Originally posted by DREW-TANg View Post
                      I found its camping spot for instagib
                      Win 10
                      iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
                      3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                      32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
                      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
                      DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
                      2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

Working...
                      X