Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CTF-RavenBreak

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Aquilon View Post
    We lack public server! in order to easily upload our maps, and tests them together!
    Well not anymore, because this amazing map is now available at the Forbidden Paradise HUB.

    forbiddenparadise.us

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Urgamanix View Post
      Another amazing job from my favourite mapper! Loving the steam-punk castle feel!
      Thx Urga! I've more time for assault now
      Originally posted by loleQ View Post
      Good job.... just... this "caste" looks is so **** booooooring! More "sci-fi" look, thnks. ITS UNREAL TOURNAMENT, not BORE ME TO THE DEATH WITH OLD CASTLES STYLE TOURNAMENT.
      Keep calm, mapping season doesnt end in october 2015.
      Originally posted by DarkoIgn View Post
      Very nice work. Are you using the assets provided by Epic Games or did you make everything yourself? I'm currently working on a map that i'm planning to mesh completely with assets from Epic Games, is that a viable option?
      I've spend more time on the paper and testing bsp than meshing RavenBreak, I can only suggest you to do the same.
      Originally posted by [Epic]Chris.Kay View Post
      Looks dope!
      THX!
      Originally posted by darksonny View Post
      UT had and still have the variety fact that made more interesting this game. Bloodking don't listen to this guy, you map looks sexy!
      Thank, hope you like it.
      Originally posted by Lucid Dreams View Post
      Well not anymore, because this amazing map is now available at the Forbidden Paradise HUB.
      Thank you
      Last edited by BloodK1nG; 10-15-2015, 03:59 PM.
      DM-IronSight-CTF-GreenCause - DM-Blaster - CTF-RavenBreak - Assault Mappack
      Download Folders: My maps & Assault Mappack

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by zedmaster View Post
        Hi! I playtested your map and must say it looks absolutely awesome, i'm excited for it and i'd love to see it finished on the marketplace. I like the eerie atmosphere with the ravens flying around and the fog in the skybox very much, good job on the visuals!

        What i noticed gameplay-wise was that unfortunately there are several jumps that i wish were possible without impact hammer jumping. I think they would be important for the flag runner in order to get a smooth route across the map, but currently they aren't possible except you impact hammer jump a lot (which hurts...). In my opinion smooth, rewarding, skill-based flag routes are very important for a good CTF map, and i wasn't able to find very satisfying ones that give you an advantage if you have good movement skills.

        Here are 3 clips of jumps that i would be able to do without the impact hammer. Do you think its possible to scale the map in a way that the extra missing distance could be fixed? Not sure if you are still willing to do changes like that, but i would appreciate it. It just feels like for every "cool" jump there is 1-2 meters missing which feels frustrating a bit, because you know the jump COULD be really cool if it worked.

        #1:



        #2:
        +

        #3:



        As for the soundtrack i would love ambient sounds like screaming ravens and howling wind. Also i noticed there's some kind of humming base sound which i really like because it creates a bit of atmosphere. In terms of music i would totally enjoy something less typically-UT-energetic-drums stuff and more eerie, sinister slow, haunted stuff as i think being up in a raven fortress high up with ravens and wind and cliffs is pretty scary. Here is an example of what i had in mind, tell me what you think, especially the part at 28:26:

        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snl6...outu.be&t=1675



        Cheers
        Hi zedmaster, thank you for the feedback!
        For #1 you can dodge from the tower below the sniper. With #1 #2 and #3 you suggest to delete cool hammer tricks but according @Zach videos a lot of people like these kind of tricks. Anyone is ok with that? Is it possible to have more comment on jumptricks possibily?
        (I can quicly handle these trick changes but I want to be sure they wont make the map too easily)
        About sound ambience I'm totally agree with you, I'll work on it
        Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
        Hey BloodK1nG

        So I had a couple of rounds and I must say the layout is awesome! Pickups placement is great too

        I must say the lighting is unusual, which is great and the overall meshing is well done. There are some spots where it needs more work but for the first release, it's very solid.

        I notice there is a material missing into the pit. The pit I'm referring too is the one near the tights and you can see the checkerboard material. I don't remember in which base?

        I'll play more but I must say gameplay is great!!!

        Great work m8
        Thanks Stevelois, Glad you like it.
        I've found few collisions errors but I dont see any checkerboard material.
        What spots?
        DM-IronSight-CTF-GreenCause - DM-Blaster - CTF-RavenBreak - Assault Mappack
        Download Folders: My maps & Assault Mappack

        Comment


          #19
          Indeed it's a matter of collision. I just checked both bases. The checkerboard material is on those hidden walls. At least, you know the rock meshes need some collision adjustment
          Stevie's corner
          Maps : DM-Coda, DM-Chroma FPS, DM-Chroma, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
          Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

          Comment


            #20
            Well in my opinion four jumps that you can only do with impact hammer are too much, because there is hardly any rewarding cool walldodge or other jump that you can do WITHOUT it. and so many impact jumps take too much health. I think it would be great to have one or maybe maximum two of it and then two of them without impact jump, instead of 4 jumps that you can only do with impact jump (and arrive at the midfield with ~18hp). Would love to hear the others' opinions about this, too

            Personally i'd love some wallrun-dodgejumps in order to reach some of those platforms shown in the video. Maybe in clip #1 a wall on the left would be cool, because then you could wallrun on the left, dodge to the right and do the jump without impact hammer. Guys, give us your feedback!

            Comment


              #21
              Really nice visuals

              Comment


                #22
                this looks like a great addition to the map pool, which is (in my opinion) lacking the really huge maps currently. also: castle themes are cool.


                personal sidenote to loleQ : It's cool if you wanna be honest and direct, but you can be honest and direct without having to insult people or other peoples opinions. This is almost purely a matter of taste, yet you declare your taste the best one and decide to be aggressive about it. If everybody went around and let out their temper at any given time, this place would be hell. You can achieve the same or better results if you drop that unnecessarily aggressive attitude. And if you don't intend to, your intentions of posting here are very dubious.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
                  Indeed it's a matter of collision. I just checked both bases. The checkerboard material is on those hidden walls. At least, you know the rock meshes need some collision adjustment
                  Ok it's fixed in the v1.1, you'll no more see checkerboard material when you die in the pit steve

                  Originally posted by zedmaster View Post
                  Well in my opinion four jumps that you can only do with impact hammer are too much, because there is hardly any rewarding cool walldodge or other jump that you can do WITHOUT it. and so many impact jumps take too much health. I think it would be great to have one or maybe maximum two of it and then two of them without impact jump, instead of 4 jumps that you can only do with impact jump (and arrive at the midfield with ~18hp). Would love to hear the others' opinions about this, too

                  Personally i'd love some wallrun-dodgejumps in order to reach some of those platforms shown in the video. Maybe in clip #1 a wall on the left would be cool, because then you could wallrun on the left, dodge to the right and do the jump without impact hammer. Guys, give us your feedback!
                  Eh man you forgot the jumpboots? If I make the changes you suggest I have to remove them.
                  Originally posted by NATO_chrisjm View Post
                  Really nice visuals
                  Thanks!
                  DM-IronSight-CTF-GreenCause - DM-Blaster - CTF-RavenBreak - Assault Mappack
                  Download Folders: My maps & Assault Mappack

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by rawlph View Post
                    this looks like a great addition to the map pool, which is (in my opinion) lacking the really huge maps currently. also: castle themes are cool.


                    personal sidenote to loleQ : It's cool if you wanna be honest and direct, but you can be honest and direct without having to insult people or other peoples opinions. This is almost purely a matter of taste, yet you declare your taste the best one and decide to be aggressive about it. If everybody went around and let out their temper at any given time, this place would be hell. You can achieve the same or better results if you drop that unnecessarily aggressive attitude. And if you don't intend to, your intentions of posting here are very dubious.
                    A better troll to feed: Is metal fortress really a castle theme?^^
                    DM-IronSight-CTF-GreenCause - DM-Blaster - CTF-RavenBreak - Assault Mappack
                    Download Folders: My maps & Assault Mappack

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by BloodK1nG View Post
                      Eh man you forgot the jumpboots? If I make the changes you suggest I have to remove them.
                      I don't know if you'd have to remove them, but personally i wouldn't mind. At their current position they don't bring the flag carrier much advantage. Like you see on this clip, i grab the boots, and have to run/dodge quite a while for grabbing the flag (i cant use them because i need them for my route back of course). Then i use the jumpboots on those two jumps but it feels wonky because you jump WAY too high. You only need a little extra meter for the jump (or an impact hammer..), but the jumpboots catapult you into air and to me its not smooth/fluent gameplay.




                      So to summarize MY opinion, which of course is very subjective and dependent on my sense of aesthetics:

                      - Too many jumps that force you to use the impact hammer, which makes it unattractive for the flag carriers.
                      - The jumps themselves are really cool, I just wish they were more utilizable for flag carriers that dont have the shield belt or very much HP
                      - I don't see much gain for the flagcarrier to get the jumpboots, because he has already passed the area where he really needs them (escaping the enemy base where he got the flag from)
                      - If you say "he can get the jumpboots BEFORE grabbing the flag", then i think the distance is too long where he HAS the jumpboots, but cant USE them (because he needs them later for the escape)
                      - I absolutely love your map anyway no matter how you decide on my feedback!

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Side note:

                        Another example why everything in my opinion feels like one meter too far or too high in distance and i think "this could be such a cool gameplay implementation, but... ****.. too far": This jumpboot jump BARELY doesn't work, while it does work if you jump to the left side. Isn't this a bit of an unfair advantage for one side (considering it's a symmetrical map)? Again a really cool jump that unfortunately is unreachable by a small margin. Sorry if i'm annoying, i'm just passionate about this and think your map is definitely worth some good playtesting because it has the potential of becoming a very popular and frequently played CTF map.

                        EDIT: I realized there are 2 jump boots, one on each side, so its not an unfair advantage. Still i'd prefer to do both jumps successfully.

                        Last edited by zedmaster; 10-15-2015, 05:56 PM.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by zedmaster View Post
                          #1:



                          #2:
                          +

                          #3:
                          #2 is done and work well after few test, thx for the suggestion , first jump of #1 have to fit visually but should be ok, I'm not sure for the second jump of #1 and #3 need to stay a hammer jump IMO.
                          Originally posted by zedmaster View Post
                          I don't know if you'd have to remove them, but personally i wouldn't mind. At their current position they don't bring the flag carrier much advantage. Like you see on this clip, i grab the boots, and have to run/dodge quite a while for grabbing the flag (i cant use them because i need them for my route back of course). Then i use the jumpboots on those two jumps but it feels wonky because you jump WAY too high. You only need a little extra meter for the jump (or an impact hammer..), but the jumpboots catapult you into air and to me its not smooth/fluent gameplay.



                          So to summarize MY opinion, which of course is very subjective and dependent on my sense of aesthetics:

                          - Too many jumps that force you to use the impact hammer, which makes it unattractive for the flag carriers.
                          - The jumps themselves are really cool, I just wish they were more utilizable for flag carriers that dont have the shield belt or very much HP
                          - I don't see much gain for the flagcarrier to get the jumpboots, because he has already passed the area where he really needs them (escaping the enemy base where he got the flag from)
                          - If you say "he can get the jumpboots BEFORE grabbing the flag", then i think the distance is too long where he HAS the jumpboots, but cant USE them (because he needs them later for the escape)
                          - I absolutely love your map anyway no matter how you decide on my feedback!
                          See you in the v1.1, thx again @zedmaster for your testing and suggestions
                          DM-IronSight-CTF-GreenCause - DM-Blaster - CTF-RavenBreak - Assault Mappack
                          Download Folders: My maps & Assault Mappack

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Well, we are adding this to our pug server and possibly going to try it tonight.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              You are actually right, the second jump of clip 1 should stay an impact jump, because you get the health back if you perform the jump correctly (health vials).

                              This route is feeling quite smooth, at least its the least bumpy thing i could figure out so far, it utilizes the jumpboots well (lets just hope nobody takes them if you're flag carrier..... ). Looking super forward to version 1.1. Thank you for taking my thoughts into consideration


                              Comment


                                #30
                                I love it! Beautiful map! Birds don't have a proper material, otherwise nice.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X