No announcement yet.

CTF-RavenBreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the map! Good layout, very easy to read and yet it still looks good.

Originally posted by BloodK1nG View Post
    Performance and lightings not yet fully optimized.
    Yeah this was my only issue, looks like it's already on your list. My frames dropped into the 30's... I think it's a bot navigation/collision problem rather than graphics. Does building navigation take forever? I had this issue with my map... pathing took 2 hours and the map slowed to a crawl with bots. A good sweep with blocking volumes should do the trick.

Good work!
    DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

NEW version uploaded:

(v1.1)
      -terrain hole pointed out by @Aquilon fixed
      -mesh collisions on few arch fixed
      -collision in the pit edited for @Stevelois
      -last merged mesh replaced
      -raven sound added (wip)
      -spot suggested by @zedmaster modified (wip)

Download:
      https://ut.rushbase.net/BloodK1nG/CT...wsNoEditor.pak

Originally posted by cafe View Post
      Well, we are adding this to our pug server and possibly going to try it tonight.
      Well, if you have a stream with RavenBreak I'm interrested.
      Originally posted by Rainmaker_CZ View Post
      I love it! Beautiful map! Birds don't have a proper material, otherwise nice.
      Soon
      Originally posted by tidu View Post
      I like the map! Good layout, very easy to read and yet it still looks good.

Yeah this was my only issue, looks like it's already on your list. My frames dropped into the 30's... I think it's a bot navigation/collision problem rather than graphics. Does building navigation take forever? I had this issue with my map... pathing took 2 hours and the map slowed to a crawl with bots. A good sweep with blocking volumes should do the trick.

Good work!
      Thanks! The fact the fps drop the most on the bridge (where paths are crazy) and not on the top tower (where you see practically all the map) support this theory.
      DM-IronSight-CTF-GreenCause - DM-Blaster - CTF-RavenBreak - Assault Mappack
      Download Folders: My maps & Assault Mappack

Comment

Just wanted to let you know that the latest version of this truly beautiful map is available now on Forbidden Paradise HUB

forbiddenparadise.us

Comment

BloodK1nG very well done level. I love it, it plays fantastic and looks very professional. It could very well be a stock map IMO! The only problem I noticed is the same problem I have seen with several other maps. The bots don't navigate from the lifts. The bot gets stuck on the back lift and doesn't score when he should. Is this a problem with the bot AI in the game or Is their no lift exits to place near the lift? Either way its definitely going on the server. Thank you for your time and hard work!
          Running the Mega Hub for everyone to enjoy!

Comment

Any update on this baby? Really hope to see this finished and published ultimately

Comment

Originally posted by Lucid Dreams View Post
              Just wanted to let you know that the latest version of this truly beautiful map is available now on Forbidden Paradise HUB
              Cheers
              Originally posted by Megasporwic View Post
              BloodK1nG very well done level. I love it, it plays fantastic and looks very professional. It could very well be a stock map IMO! The only problem I noticed is the same problem I have seen with several other maps. The bots don't navigate from the lifts. The bot gets stuck on the back lift and doesn't score when he should. Is this a problem with the bot AI in the game or Is their no lift exits to place near the lift? Either way its definitely going on the server. Thank you for your time and hard work!
              Thank you! glad you like it. Yeah AI are dumbass on lifts right now, patience is the key
              Originally posted by zedmaster View Post
              Any update on this baby? Really hope to see this finished and published ultimately
              I havent worked on update for RavenBreak yet, just rebuilt paths and observed a perf improvement in center and AI playing "a bit" better around lifts. That's not enough for an update

Comment

Any news? ?

Comment

Hey zedmaster! Improved version will be available with the next build, current make filesize enormous and fade all my optimizations.

Comment

Thanks, looking forward

Comment

4h, it took 4h to cook this map! I'll give a new breath to this map once the engine... sorry I mean once the game will go out the pre-alpha.

v1.2 (01/03/2016
                      -landscape material update
                      -testing a new postprocess
                      -testing the music HeavyMix as placeholder
                      -mesh in ramp misplaced fixed
                      -few mesh/decals edit
                      -outdated raven fixed
                      -and some small optimizations

Download v1.2:
                      https://ut.rushbase.net/BloodK1nG/CT...wsNoEditor.pak 165MB

(Installation: paste the .pak in C:\Users\...\Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Paks\MyContent)

MapRotation=/Game/MyContent/CTF-RavenBreak-v12
                      RedirectReferences=(PackageName="CTF-RavenBreak-v12-WindowsNoEditor", PackageURLProtocol="http", PackageURL="ut.rushbase.net/BloodK1nG/CTF-RavenBreak-v12-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageChecksum="d1370bc647dd8d5bb8e550a6a40029d4")
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BloodK1nG View Post
                        4h, it took 4h to cook this map!
                        No regret particularly good performance with the last build, even when the current returning/scoring flag effect cause fps drops.

Comment

I believe I have found a bug in this map. There is a rock that behaves as solid when shot at with a weapon, yet players and translocators phase through it. I tested and the bug can be found on both Red and Blue's sides of the map. The rock itself can be found on the right, just outside the castle.

Comment

Update uploaded:

Download v1.3 (175MB) (15/07/2016)

Originally posted by Jewvia View Post
                            I believe I have found a bug in this map. There is a rock that behaves as solid when shot at with a weapon, yet players and translocators phase through it. I tested and the bug can be found on both Red and Blue's sides of the map. The rock itself can be found on the right, just outside the castle.
                            Thank for the report! Sorry to respond only now, It's fixed in the today pak

Comment

great map dude. pater trains his hobo translocator skills on this map.

Comment

Added it to the instamadness server along with GreenCause!

Comment

Working...
                                X