Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] CTF-RavenBreak

Description:
    Designed for jailbreak then edited to fit 4vs4 and 6vs6 competitive CTF games. Performance and lightings not yet fully optimized.

Download v1.4 (179MB)

Compatibility: UT patch 0.1.10

I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA ( https://www.unrealengine.com/eula ).
    (Installation: paste the .pak in C:\Users\...\Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Paks\MyContent OR C:\Users\...\Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Paks\DownloadedPaks)
    MapRotation=/Game/Maps/CTF-RavenBreak-v14
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BloodK1nG; 04-22-2017, 01:48 PM.
    CTF-GreenCause - DM-Blaster - CTF-RavenBreak - Assault Mappack
    Download Folders: My maps & Assault Mappack

looks amazing! great job.

Comment

10/10 Would play.

Comment

Looks great, but how can i play the map on linux?

Comment

Excellent map! How about and test it on the server?
          Picture a place where I'm stuck!

great job!
          Attached Files
          My old WIP maps!

Comment

Originally posted by Xrox View Post
            looks amazing! great job.
            Cheers
            Originally posted by vlad.serbanescu11 View Post
            10/10 Would play.
            Thank you!
            Originally posted by TheBrot View Post
            Looks great, but how can i play the map on linux?
            Only Epic can do that.
            Originally posted by Aquilon View Post
            Excellent map! How about and test it on the server?
            Picture a place where I'm stuck!

great job!
            Arghhhhhhhhh I forgot to level up land here... for the next version

Yes, someone can setup a server with RavenBreak ?
            CTF-GreenCause - DM-Blaster - CTF-RavenBreak - Assault Mappack
            Download Folders: My maps & Assault Mappack

Comment

Hi! I playtested your map and must say it looks absolutely awesome, i'm excited for it and i'd love to see it finished on the marketplace. I like the eerie atmosphere with the ravens flying around and the fog in the skybox very much, good job on the visuals!

What i noticed gameplay-wise was that unfortunately there are several jumps that i wish were possible without impact hammer jumping. I think they would be important for the flag runner in order to get a smooth route across the map, but currently they aren't possible except you impact hammer jump a lot (which hurts...). In my opinion smooth, rewarding, skill-based flag routes are very important for a good CTF map, and i wasn't able to find very satisfying ones that give you an advantage if you have good movement skills.

Here are 3 clips of jumps that i would be able to do without the impact hammer. Do you think its possible to scale the map in a way that the extra missing distance could be fixed? Not sure if you are still willing to do changes like that, but i would appreciate it. It just feels like for every "cool" jump there is 1-2 meters missing which feels frustrating a bit, because you know the jump COULD be really cool if it worked.

#1:

#2:
              +

#3:

As for the soundtrack i would love ambient sounds like screaming ravens and howling wind. Also i noticed there's some kind of humming base sound which i really like because it creates a bit of atmosphere. In terms of music i would totally enjoy something less typically-UT-energetic-drums stuff and more eerie, sinister slow, haunted stuff as i think being up in a raven fortress high up with ravens and wind and cliffs is pretty scary. Here is an example of what i had in mind, tell me what you think, especially the part at 28:26:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snl6...outu.be&t=1675

Cheers

Comment

Another amazing job from my favourite mapper! Loving the steam-punk castle feel!
                UT4 ASSAULT - PROJECT OWNER
                UT4ASSAULT.COM
                ‚Äč

Forum Thread | UTA Discord | UTA Facebook
                UTA Steam Group | Email me

Comment

Good job.... just... this "caste" looks is so **** booooooring! More "sci-fi" look, thnks. ITS UNREAL TOURNAMENT, not BORE ME TO THE DEATH WITH OLD CASTLES STYLE TOURNAMENT.

Comment

Very nice work. Are you using the assets provided by Epic Games or did you make everything yourself? I'm currently working on a map that i'm planning to mesh completely with assets from Epic Games, is that a viable option?
                    Level Designer

Will of the Gods | Portfolio

Comment

These are assets from CTF-Titanpass.
                      and @loleQ there are many sci-fi maps. He won't change this one into a sci-fi map, but you can check his other map DM-Blaster which has more of a futuristic design

Comment

Looks dope!

Comment

Hey BloodK1nG

So I had a couple of rounds and I must say the layout is awesome! Pickups placement is great too

I must say the lighting is unusual, which is great and the overall meshing is well done. There are some spots where it needs more work but for the first release, it's very solid.

I notice there is a material missing into the pit. The pit I'm referring too is the one near the tights and you can see the checkerboard material. I don't remember in which base?

I'll play more but I must say gameplay is great!!!

Great work m8
                          Stevie's corner Maps, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta Links, All UT4 CTF custom maps, All UT4 remakes, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Software tools & resources

Comment

Originally posted by loleQ View Post
                            Good job.... just... this "caste" looks is so **** booooooring! More "sci-fi" look, thnks. ITS UNREAL TOURNAMENT, not BORE ME TO THE DEATH WITH OLD CASTLES STYLE TOURNAMENT.
                            wtf are you talking of dude? UT had and still have the variety fact that made more interesting this game. Bloodking don't listen to this guy, you map looks sexy!

Comment

We lack public server! in order to easily upload our maps, and tests them together!
                              My old WIP maps!

Comment

Working...
                              X