[PROTOTYPE] CTF-Abandoned

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] CTF-Abandoned

BSP blockout of an old map idea I've had floating around for a while.
    Symmetrical
    High and low L/C/R routes into and out of each base. Four/Six lift jumps in each base. One jump has two options for HighMid/HighLeft and its sister lift HighMid/HighRight
    Currently set in a generic snowy mountain scene but that is only because the exterior will probably take more time than the level! I'm going ultimately for a map situated on a rocky outcrop at the lip of a water fall.
    I'm inspired by this image: http://www.desktopwallpapers4.me/fan...-castle-16254/
    The red grid in the center of the map will eventually become fast moving water. Right now no access. Kill Z is set just below the platform underneath the central crossing. I have an idea to create a small landing of rock once I get the river fleshed out. Perhaps place the DD or the Keg there.
    No pickups of any kind as of yet. I am looking for feedback on routes.
    Six player starts per side plus flags.
    I haven't really settled on a visual style yet. Obviously castle-y but not sure if delicate or imposing is required. I don't suppose I'll settle on that until I see how it looks perched on the lip of an Epic waterfall.
    So I didn't see a sticky for how to share? I've packaged the map in the editor but I am not sure how to make it available for alpha testing.

Attached Files

Hey! Great to see you heren!
    "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
    - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Hiya! Long time no see! Glad to see you too. It's so cool to see familiar faces. :cheers:

I packaged the map but I have no idea what to upload. I made an account at ut.rushbase.net so I can upload. I'm going to be heading in to work in about 45 minutes. If I can't figure it out this weekend I may just go ahead and start roughing out the surrounding world.

I'm leaning towards Elven/Gothic now as I have some ideas for flying buttresses that may look good.

Comment

Random shader screenshot:
        https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3q...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Had a furious day meshing. I've gone so many different directions with the look on this map it's ridiculous!
          https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3q...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

He Pak please

Comment

Hey King Mango! Good to see you're mapping for the new UT! I used to be called Scourgem on another site, in another time :-)

Comment

I look forward to seeing what you come up with. If you need testing for anything, I'll be there.

Comment

And author of one of my all time favorite CTF maps...
                  Anfractuous. Are you re-booting that bad boy???
                  So awesome to see you Scourge!
                  Thanks Cymek! :cheers:
                  I will have to take a little break in the next few days. Moving cross country in less than a week.
                  Well I'm flying cross country then moving back to another part of California.
                  Going to be an Epic road trip.

Comment

Well, so far, I haven't dared to open the editor yet. I'm afraid I might like it. Once that first cube is subtracted there's no going back ;-)

Comment

You should do it! Of the thousands of CTF maps I have played, Anfractuous is easily among my favourites. I spent so many great hours carrying the flag through those halls in FragBU events.

Comment

Well you don't have to worry. It's all additive!

Comment

Hell I'll quit this map and do it if you won't!

Comment

Originally posted by ptt.frmr View Post
                            Well, so far, I haven't dared to open the editor yet. I'm afraid I might like it. Once that first cube is subtracted there's no going back ;-)
                            Yep, it's pretty much like crack .
                            Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Working...
                            X