[FINISHED] Dm-PSi-UT4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
    The music doesn't react to the ingame music slider and have a few more custom maps that suffer from the exact same issue.
    So far it's the most notable issue considering that All the feedback from players I've recieved so far has been negative.
    If you would like to run over these issues on a server, feel free to pm me and I'll be glad to set it up.
    Still good works you've put up so far and hope this helps.
    Thank you so much for the SS's - I think I can see what the problem is under the hood concerning texture co-ordinates and refraction factors. There is nothing wrong with them, just a conflict.

Regarding the music - I will disable this and bug report it - which is a real shame as it was an OGG to WAV lossless conversion and very high quality.

Reading the patch notes, you'll be glad to read as I was:

Originally posted by Epic HQ - Version notes 2015 10 21

-Added water footstep splash effects.
    -Added water entry splash effect.
    -Fixed water entry sound spam when crouching into water.
    I'll get to work on these points now, once the update is downloaded for real.
    Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Updated download 21 OCT 2015-

-Water splishy-splashy fixed
      -Water sound FX removed and replaced
      -Water material texture coordinates changed
      -Water Volume updated in-line with today's patch
      -Music removed and bug reported
      Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Thank you for this map! It's now available to play on on the Forbidden Paradise HUB.

forbiddenparadise.us

Comment

14-NOV-2015

-Updated textures and lighting.
          -Lightmaps reduced.
          -Package optimisations.
          Maps:

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Updated on the LoPing Arena server. Will be testing it later this evening. BigUp for share'n this finished map with us Mitch Mitchell!
            So having played this map several times with others I can say it's a overall quick/fun map that others enjoyed as well with no issue being reported. Thanks again!
            Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 11-19-2015, 05:05 PM.
            LoPing
            Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

I have a idea for the Map a Ägytpian Style with Plant and Skybox was cool

Comment

Originally posted by Chris UT4 View Post
                I have a idea for the Map a Ägytpian Style with Plant and Skybox was cool
                Egyptian maps are always cool, I'm still working on my own version of this in the background 'Nephthys' with a very large open middle section. Current thinking is to move this inwards and expand more on interconnected sections, with more external rooms - instead of a more 'arena/gladiatorial' map.

Link below if you want to chime in.
                Maps:

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

I have the UT3 version of the map on YouTube found that looks exactly why I gave you the suggestion made Mitch because even plants and making another Skybox

Comment

Originally posted by Chris UT4 View Post
                    I have the UT3 version of the map on YouTube found that looks exactly why I gave you the suggestion made Mitch because even plants and making another Skybox
                    You think I should change the skybox and add plants?
                    Maps:

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Here is a pic from my Ideas Mitch Oriental Style
                      Attached Files

Comment

Yo! Nice map! Very clean and golden! I found it very easy to learn (simple, good layout) and it has some amazing trick-jump possibilities :

Here are the little issues I managed to find (apart from that map is lovely!)
                        Here you blocked this whole area, which is optimized but feels weird. I suggest changing collision to give it more depth. Same depth could be applied to the whole map (there are several semi opened doorways that tempt you with the secrets behind however you cannot enter!) Also: The skybox collision is very low! I am not sure if it was mentioned above (I haven't read all the posts)

Yay! This platform is quite difficult and much more rewarding to get on then the bottom one. I would place more valuable items on the higher one when placing minor pickups on the lower. Also the lamp model on the wall (which btw. looks freakin' fantastic ) has collision that is bumping you off the wall and therefore making wall slide to be impossible! ;(

When I entered this room I was like: **** Let me use this nice launchpad to get to the higher ground! I stood on it and guess what? Nothing happened! I know that nearby there is a ramp but it would be cool if you added pehaps a 3rd floor (high) in this building that can be reached only by using this thing on the floor - might be wind or some other force that launches you high!

Overall: Very pleasant map, Lovely golden style and good architecture... I am looking forward to next version!
                        Attached Files
                        For maps and drawings visit: conradjustin.com

Comment

Originally posted by ConradJustin View Post

1: Yo! Nice map! Very clean and golden! I found it very easy to learn (simple, good layout) and it has some amazing trick-jump possibilities:

2: Here are the little issues I managed to find (apart from that map is lovely!)

3: Here you blocked this whole area, which is optimized but feels weird. I suggest changing collision to give it more depth. Same depth could be applied to the whole map (there are several semi opened doorways that tempt you with the secrets behind however you cannot enter!) Also: The skybox collision is very low! I am not sure if it was mentioned above (I haven't read all the posts)

4: Yay! This platform is quite difficult and much more rewarding to get on then the bottom one. I would place more valuable items on the higher one when placing minor pickups on the lower. Also the lamp model on the wall (which btw. looks freakin' fantastic ) has collision that is bumping you off the wall and therefore making wall slide to be impossible! ;(

5: When I entered this room I was like: **** Let me use this nice launchpad to get to the higher ground! I stood on it and guess what? Nothing happened! I know that nearby there is a ramp but it would be cool if you added pehaps a 3rd floor (high) in this building that can be reached only by using this thing on the floor - might be wind or some other force that launches you high!

6: Overall: Very pleasant map, Lovely golden style and good architecture... I am looking forward to next version!
                          1: You're very kind, but all I can take credit for is the conversion - Andrew "Mclogenog" Yoder designed this map and is a port from UT3. The thing which concerns me is this information should have popped up on-screen when the map is in the load screen? He is on these forums and you should be able to PM him through the message system.

His comments:

"...The unreal tournament 3 community is rather small, anyone who is part of it already knows. Sometimes if I play a server game there will only be one other player and we'll play on small maps, but most maps are intended for 4 players minimum. Psi is my attempt at helping fill the community need for small, fast paced maps..."

2: Feedback is good, I'll answer as best I can.

3: That is the same as the original, not sure what the benefit would be to changing it and had issues with the bots in some regards as it was/is. The ceiling is an upper limit to the map and to extend beyond what is there would impact gameplay, in my most humblest of opinions. The original had the same and I am kinda against too much departure from this standpoint.

4: If the map was larger, perhaps. As it is I think having a more powerful power-up on the map than the UDamage would perhaps unbalance the map. The location gives a lot of sniper ammo, and the sniper rifle is very powerful on this map. The wall-running is not really needed, then again, neither is collision on the light! This could be changed and is a valid point. I can't take credit for the light as Epic own the rights for this model, but the lighting setup, I can; so thank you.

5: Not my decision, but an interesting point.

6: Again, I bow to Andrew. That said, the lighting probably took more time than anything else and was very difficult to pull off without dropping the engine to sub-60 frames. Lots of ray-traced shadows and what would normally be considered 'high-end' lighting was used and in some cases 'tricked' or 'faked' lighting and tonnes of playing with post processing.

Glad you are enjoying this map, and certainly hope this is played on more servers as a 'go-to' map for low populace severs.
                          Maps:

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

18-FEB-2016

4.11 Updates.

It took a long time, but I have finally updated this classic map to 4.11 by popular demand (265 Downloads to date!)

-Scale increased by 17.5%
                            -Pickups/powerups increased scale by 25%
                            -New landscapes and environments.
                            -Updated waterfalls and water materials.
                            -Updated ALL textures and material alignments. Yes, really - all surfaces are now correctly aligned.
                            -New sun bloom, but no god-ray occlusion.
                            -Ambient Sound FX changes.

Enjoy!

All download links updated.
                            Maps:

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

For some reason I can't get it to run on the Hub. Here's part of the log:

Code:
                              [2016.02.19-05.57.51:998][  0]UT: DM-Absolution-01i-AssetRegistry.bin merged into the asset registry
                              [2016.02.19-05.57.51:999][  0]UT: DM-Conflux_a02-AssetRegistry.bin merged into the asset registry
                              [2016.02.19-05.57.52:005][  0]UT: DM-Deep_Alpha03a-AssetRegistry.bin merged into the asset registry
                              [2016.02.19-05.57.52:006][  0]UT: DM-Ethos-v5-AssetRegistry.bin merged into the asset registry
                              [2016.02.19-05.57.52:007][  0]UT: DM-Grendelkeep-WIP1V2-AssetRegistry.bin merged into the asset registry
                              [2016.02.19-05.57.52:009][  0]UT: DM-Malevolence-V11-AssetRegistry.bin merged into the asset registry
                              [2016.02.19-05.57.52:011][  0]UT: DM-Nine_H35-AssetRegistry.bin merged into the asset registry
                              [2016.02.19-05.57.52:014][  0]UT: DM-Pilgrim_C-AssetRegistry.bin merged into the asset registry
                              [2016.02.19-05.57.52:014][  0]UT:Warning: DM-PSi-UT4 had no version file
                              [2016.02.19-05.57.52:015][  0]UT:Warning: Unmounted ../../../UnrealTournament/Content/Paks/DM-PSi-UT4-WindowsNoEditor.pak
                              [2016.02.19-05.57.52:016][  0]UT: DM-RadioActive-V10-AssetRegistry.bin merged into the asset registry
                              [2016.02.19-05.57.52:018][  0]UT: DM-RankinB3Kv5-AssetRegistry.bin merged into the asset registry
                              I haven't had that issue before.
                              Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Originally posted by M^uL View Post
                                For some reason I can't get it to run on the Hub. Here's part of the log:

Code:
                                [2016.02.19-05.57.51:998][  0]UT: DM-Absolution-01i-AssetRegistry.bin merged into the asset registry
                                [2016.02.19-05.57.51:999][  0]UT: DM-Conflux_a02-AssetRegistry.bin merged into the asset registry
                                [2016.02.19-05.57.52:005][  0]UT: DM-Deep_Alpha03a-AssetRegistry.bin merged into the asset registry
                                [2016.02.19-05.57.52:006][  0]UT: DM-Ethos-v5-AssetRegistry.bin merged into the asset registry
                                [2016.02.19-05.57.52:007][  0]UT: DM-Grendelkeep-WIP1V2-AssetRegistry.bin merged into the asset registry
                                [2016.02.19-05.57.52:009][  0]UT: DM-Malevolence-V11-AssetRegistry.bin merged into the asset registry
                                [2016.02.19-05.57.52:011][  0]UT: DM-Nine_H35-AssetRegistry.bin merged into the asset registry
                                [2016.02.19-05.57.52:014][  0]UT: DM-Pilgrim_C-AssetRegistry.bin merged into the asset registry
                                [2016.02.19-05.57.52:014][  0]UT:Warning: DM-PSi-UT4 had no version file
                                [2016.02.19-05.57.52:015][  0]UT:Warning: Unmounted ../../../UnrealTournament/Content/Paks/DM-PSi-UT4-WindowsNoEditor.pak
                                [2016.02.19-05.57.52:016][  0]UT: DM-RadioActive-V10-AssetRegistry.bin merged into the asset registry
                                [2016.02.19-05.57.52:018][  0]UT: DM-RankinB3Kv5-AssetRegistry.bin merged into the asset registry
                                I haven't had that issue before.
                                Thanks for the feedback.

Apparently I am running 4.12.0-2866696+++Portal+Release-Live of the editor, which is impossible and you are not the only one having issues with this map.

It's a bigger problem than this map, it is affecting all maps I cook at the moment and is also causing an issue when trying to open umaps in the editor.

Epic have really messed this release up.
                                Maps:

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Working...
                                X