No announcement yet.

[FINISHED] Dm-PSi-UT4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you think you have 4.12.0-2866696+++Portal+Release-Live up and running and this would be compatible to anyone using the official Launcher build of the UT Editor? You are still creating the map in the UT editor and cook it in there, no?

Other than that, never rename the pak file. Also, do not change cases. Not every OS/filesystems ignores cases some are case sensitive. And choose a valid Title, Author and Description. The map doesn't show up in the map selection properly.

Original pak filename:
    DM-Psi-WindowsNoEditor.pak

Testing map:
    Code:
    open DM-Psi
    Regarding the map itself.
    The pickup scaling is just wrong. Pickups are pre-scaled to be consistent throughout the whole game. In your map, these pickups are even scaled as big as the players (Vials for instance).
    Gameplay wise the map scaling doesn't seem to match the gameplay in UT3 (regarding dodges etc.).
    ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
    ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
      How do you think you have 4.12.0-2866696+++Portal+Release-Live up and running and this would be compatible to anyone using the official Launcher build of the UT Editor? You are still creating the map in the UT editor and cook it in there, no?

Other than that, never rename the pak file. Also, do not change cases. Not every OS/filesystems ignores cases some are case sensitive. And choose a valid Title, Author and Description. The map doesn't show up in the map selection properly.

Original pak filename:
      DM-Psi-WindowsNoEditor.pak

Testing map:
      Code:
      open DM-Psi
      Regarding the map itself.
      The pickup scaling is just wrong. Pickups are pre-scaled to be consistent throughout the whole game. In your map, these pickups are even scaled as big as the players (Vials for instance).
      Gameplay wise the map scaling doesn't seem to match the gameplay in UT3 (regarding dodges etc.).
      "How do you think you have 4.12.0-2866696+++Portal+Release-Live up and running and this would be compatible to anyone using the official Launcher build of the UT Editor? You are still creating the map in the UT editor and cook it in there, no?"

Hmm, hard to know if that is a question or not. I downloaded the version with the big blue button on the "Epic Launcher" and this is the result of that...so what did I do wrong?

The pickups have been scaled because that is what I wanted to do, I do not think the scaling of the pickups are large enough...

The dodges work just fine - please elaborate and this can be looked into further versus the UT3/UDK version I have got from Andrew and cross referenced in UET3 which I ran side-by-side whilst building.
      Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch Mitchell View Post
        The dodges work just fine - please elaborate and this can be looked into further versus the UT3/UDK version I have got from Andrew and cross referenced in UET3 which I ran side-by-side whilst building.
        In UT3, you can easily dodge onto the following platform where as in UT4 it is not even possible with a simple dodge, even Wall dodge seems hard to manage.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	DM-Psi-Platform-UT3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	344676 Click image for larger version

Name:	DM-Psi-Platform-UT4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	344677

Hmm, hard to know if that is a question or not. I downloaded the version with the big blue button on the "Epic Launcher" and this is the result of that...so what did I do wrong?
        The editor you install with the blue button has the version number 4.11.0-2848065+++depot+UE4-UT-Releases
        ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
        ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

when have you a Pak for Version 4.11?

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
            In UT3, you can easily dodge onto the following platform where as in UT4 it is not even possible with a simple dodge, even Wall dodge seems hard to manage.

The editor you install with the blue button has the version number 4.11.0-2848065+++depot+UE4-UT-Releases
            The jump from that platform to the one with the rocket and sniper ammo is a double jump in UT3. In UT4 it is a wall dodge from the same place, or two other places - so in fact has 3 approaches to counter the lack of a double jump. I don't know why you are having issues with this, but discussion over on this.

The editor version I had (as it is now deleted/uninstalled) was and is as cut n paste above, and bug reported accordingly with screenshots.

I still have problems with the editor and am honestly at a loss here with regards to it crashing all the time and giving errors to server admins who in turn notify me directly. This is kinda cool as it's always nice to get mail, but the mail I'm getting is not nice to receive as it's all about this version number and other issues with other maps with same/similar problems of nomenclature.

There are problems here I do not know how to solve because I do not have a developer on speed-dial to remote-connect to my terminal like some people do...

I just want to build, 'man.

I got entire maps and builds lost or in some kind of customer-services vindaloop (look it up) where I can't build a map because I apparently built it in the future on Thursday, and then yesterday I hit the flux capacitor and arrived at a time when my RIG is on version 4.11 but the map is 4.12.

Today I have spent 7 hours of my saturday uninstalling and then reinstalling something which I know doesn't work properly, and also have had to rebuild the 7th incarnation of DM-Station using partial BSP's from version 5 and 6, and of course I have spent a lot of that time realigning the BSP's to fit the grid and removing holes which don't actually exist, except in the parallel dimension where UV's are for some reason connected with the grid-based power of 2 or base-10 system.

Oh, and I've spent about 10 minutes typing this. This is time I'm not gonna get back, either.

/thread

PS: - ChrisUT4. It is in the hands of Epic Games as to when this editor of theirs works, not mine.
            Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

17-JUNE-2017

Again, by popular request...

-4.12 Update, showdown, duel, lighting, game objectives, spectator cameras, 2K textures and beer!

download links updated.
              Maps:

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Nice to see you back Mitch Mitchell! Reloaded & Locked onto the LoPing.
                Awesome lighting improvements you've made here! & thanks again for share'n your hard works with the rest of us!
                LoPing
                Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Thanks Mitch. Now, about that beer...
                  Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Just played this on the hub with a group of people. Looks/plays great. One small thing is that the waterfall sounds are way too loud. It dominates the level a bit too much. One other player mentioned it so I know it wasn't just my setup. On a similar subject, the music in Genku is still quite a bit louder than other maps (love the Deimos track tho). Great to have these maps back in rotation!

Comment

Originally posted by MΛuL View Post
                      Just played this on the hub with a group of people. Looks/plays great. One small thing is that the waterfall sounds are way too loud. It dominates the level a bit too much. One other player mentioned it so I know it wasn't just my setup. On a similar subject, the music in Genku is still quite a bit louder than other maps (love the Deimos track tho). Great to have these maps back in rotation!
                      Sorry.

I had clipping as more of a concern, but have now corrected this/these.

How was the beer?
                      Maps:

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Sorry.

I had clipping as more of a concern, but have now corrected this/these.

How was the beer?
                        Thanks and.. beer was great :P.

Comment

05-09-2016

Updated, submitted etc.
                          Maps:

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Highly appreciated sir! Good to see you finished it! Reloaded and locked onto the LoPing.
                            LoPing
                            Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Thanks dude!

Comment

6th December 2016

4.14 Update

*Changed two tile materials
                                *Updated lighting and reflections
                                *Moved Shock Rifle .0000000096875485441225 mm on the Y axis
                                *Removed Hillary Clinton
                                *Added Donald Trump
                                *Removed Miley Cyrus
                                *Added Sasha Grey

Link

Maps:

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Working...
                                X