Screenshots:
    • Initial release (Alpha 1):

Spoiler

• Alpha 2:

Spoiler

Downloads:
    1. Google Drive
    2. ut.rushbase.net
    Last edited by FlamesoFF1; 10-25-2015, 04:01 PM. Reason: uploaded to ut.rushbase.net
    DM-Aerowalk| DM-StompingGrounds

Map not working, and there is no screnshot :/

Comment

Originally posted by bass3 View Post
      Map not working, and there is no screnshot :/
      I added screenshots. Map is working.

Comment

Map update.

Comment

I wonder how it works with current movement mechanics
          Unofficial Enforcer Model
          Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

Pls update windows no editor .pak, this version is not working. I copy pasted map in folder, all other maps working your doesn't show up on list.

Comment

Originally posted by bass3 View Post
              Pls update windows no editor .pak, this version is not working. I copy pasted map in folder, all other maps working your doesn't show up on list.
              It's working, I tested it.
              B.t.w. I uploaded a video, so you can see that all is fine.
              As you said, you don't have DM-Aerowalkmap in map list. Just put the map in this folder:
              X:\Users\*USERNAME*\Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\Paks\MyContent\

Comment

As I said, not working. If someone else can confirm that is working, then i will try to verify my files.
                Its not first map I downloaded I've been here for a "while"

Comment

That looks pretty good man, and I really like the fact that you posted the map once you were done with the layout. Not like a lot of impatient peeps over here.

I'd be happy to test this out with you when I get back home next week. I love Quake so it's exciting for me. I was actually contemplating doing a remake myself. Although I'd probably freestyle it a bit more to work with unreal movement better.
                  PLEASE CHECK MY DUEL MAP >> DM-Central <<

Comment

Originally posted by shdw View Post
                    That looks pretty good man, and I really like the fact that you posted the map once you were done with the layout. Not like a lot of impatient peeps over here.

I'd be happy to test this out with you when I get back home next week. I love Quake so it's exciting for me. I was actually contemplating doing a remake myself. Although I'd probably freestyle it a bit more to work with unreal movement better.
                    I definitely will improve this map for the UT4 movement system. I just need to test it more.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamesoFF1 View Post
                      It's working, I tested it.
                      B.t.w. I uploaded a video, so you can see that all is fine.
                      As you said, you don't have DM-Aerowalkmap in map list. Just put the map in this folder:
                      The map name does not autocomplete in the console for me. It loaded typing the whole thing in. Did you add the DM prefix or rename the file after pakking it.

Firstly a question : What are you using for inspiration? It is currently a mash up of qw (stairs@gl rather than tele) and ql (helmet spawn visible from RA side). As a fan of aero the timing of this post is somewhat good as the map has been mentioned quite frequently of late on irc.

1. The scale of the middle section feels very nice. It could do with a little more vertical (100u on the rl ledge) but overall feels appropriate.

2. (Blue arrow) This cut in feels too deep/narrow. Perhaps this is an illusion due to the small tele door.

3. Doors/corridoors/ledges/ramps vary in size. Because of this some places seem too narrow and others feel just right. The original version of aero seems to do the same thing, however the wide sections in your map feel ok and the narrow sections feel way too narrow. Things vary between 4 "tiles" and 6 "tiles. In a similar vein the teleport doors are too narrow.

4. Tele sound. While the qw teleport is probably the most awesome sound ever for a tele but including it is probably a mistake as it is not "free". My understanding of id making qw engine free does not apply to all the games assets (textures, sounds, models, etc). If this is not right let me know as I will be ninjaing it for myself

5. For me a defining feature of the qw map was the lg area not being 100% strongest (compared to low@GA) simply because it had the high ground. Due to the lower ceiling at lg combined with huge splash of qw rockets the player at the bottom could quite easily damage the player at the top. If you choose to not include shock (which achieves a similar thing anywhere on a map) it would be cool if you lower the ceiling above the lg. If you do not want to do this because of players heads hitting it I would suggest using a mesh or bundle of wires, etc. Something a player could brush past but a rocket would detonate on.

6. I do not like the armor/weapon/health placement at all. The RL and mini are good, the rest not so much. For armor I cannot see how out of control would play, either from qw or ql perspective. The default keg spawn is so huge for such a small map, esp compared to where it originated.

PS this is mainly feedback in relation to playing aero in other games. If this was a "new" map I would hesitate to offer any input
                      Last edited by joellll; 10-19-2015, 10:05 PM.
                      Posts are about duel unless otherwise specified. ut duel shortcomings | What is timing? | dm-twentyseven

Comment

Originally posted by joellll View Post
                        The map name does not autocomplete in the console for me. It loaded typing the whole thing in. Did you add the DM prefix or rename the file after pakking it?
                        Don't know why, really. I just packed map and uploaded it. I haven't used console for changing maps till this moment. I will fix it.

Firstly a question : What are you using for inspiration?
                        Original map from QuakeWorld and Q2.

It is currently a mash up of qw (stairs@gl rather than tele) and ql (helmet spawn visible from RA side).
                        I dont play in QL. In QW and Q2 helmet spawn also visible from RA side.

As a fan of aero the timing of this post is somewhat good as the map has been mentioned quite frequently of late on irc.
                        "aero" means Aerowalk?

1. The scale of the middle section feels very nice. It could do with a little more vertical (100u on the rl ledge) but overall feels appropriate.
                        No, it's already too high. As long as we have such slow rocket speed in UT4, it's be too difficult to hit anybody from top floor with RL if I will make it even higher.

2. (Blue arrow) This cut in feels too deep/narrow. Perhaps this is an illusion due to the small tele door.
                        I changed it already.

3. Doors/corridoors/ledges/ramps vary in size. Because of this some places seem too narrow and others feel just right.
                        I don't see anything wrong in it.

The original version of aero seems to do the same thing, however the wide sections in your map feel ok and the narrow sections feel way too narrow. Things vary between 4 "tiles" and 6 "tiles.
                        You know, as QuakeWorld is way more fast and intense game than UT4, the map feels fine even with such sizes. UT4 has way more slower gameplay, but you complaining about same sizes here. Strange.
                        For me map feels absolutely comfortable, maybe even too wide in some places.

4. Tele sound. While the qw teleport is probably the most awesome sound ever for a tele but including it is probably a mistake as it is not "free". My understanding of id making qw engine free does not apply to all the games assets (textures, sounds, models, etc). If this is not right let me know as I will be ninjaing it for myself
                        I know that is not free. That's why I don't use it for any commercial purposes. My map is free, so I can use any resources from anywhere. Also I own Quake 1.

5. For me a defining feature of the qw map was the lg area not being 100% strongest (compared to low@GA) simply because it had the high ground. Due to the lower ceiling at lg combined with huge splash of qw rockets the player at the bottom could quite easily damage the player at the top. If you choose to not include shock (which achieves a similar thing anywhere on a map) it would be cool if you lower the ceiling above the lg. If you do not want to do this because of players heads hitting it I would suggest using a mesh or bundle of wires, etc. Something a player could brush past but a rocket would detonate on.
                        We are not in QW here. In this game tactics is different. But you right about ceiling height, I will change it in some way.

6. I do not like the armor/weapon/health placement at all. The RL and mini are good, the rest not so much. For armor I cannot see how out of control would play, either from qw or ql perspective.
                        I don't like it too. I just copied it from Q2 version. Map is in alpha, so many things will be changed.

The default keg spawn is so huge for such a small map, esp compared to where it originated.
                        Keg spawn fits perfectly. QW has larger spawn box, b.t.w.

PS this is mainly feedback in relation to playing aero in other games. If this was a "new" map I would hesitate to offer any input
                        Thanks for your feedback. I'll consider your remarks.

P.S. why do you provided such extremely low-res screenshots?

Comment

You are publishing map wrong, thats why I dont see it in list. It must contain windows_no_editor.pak check this site how to pack it properly:

https://www.unrealtournament.com/tut...nd-share#Level

Comment

Originally posted by FlamesoFF1 View Post
                            As long as we have such slow rocket speed in UT4, it's be too difficult to hit anybody
                            Slow rockets?! Too difficult to hit with?! 0.o

That's exactly the opposite of what pretty much everyone else says.
                            Last edited by MoxNix; 10-20-2015, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MoxNix View Post
                              Slow rockets?! Too difficult to hit with?! 0.o
                              He is at least partially scaling it using the rocket. If the rocket was effective from a certain place in the original (presumably qw) he wants it to be in his remake too.

Similar to using dodge to scale remakes. Pretty nifty.
                              Posts are about duel unless otherwise specified. ut duel shortcomings | What is timing? | dm-twentyseven

Comment

Working...
                              X