Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-Maze

Hey guys,

I want to share my map – CTF-Maze - with you. It is simple, small, symmetrical and fast paced CTF map for 6 players. I know, it's not common to play in that count of players, but sometimes, you have no choice and you have to play with few players only and frankly, it's not that fun when you are playing 3v3 in big CTF map.
    Basic theme of the map was slightly inspired by The Maze Runner movie.

This was meant as challenge for me. Whole map was created in 6 days(mostly the evenings) and it's reusing available props from other UT maps. I decide to not post about the BSP blocking part, because it's not that interesting and I want to deliver mostly finished and playable map.

Can you guys give it a try and let me know what you think about?

initial – 2015-10-24

Any feedback is welcome, thank you.
    Attached Files

Spoiler

Ok, not that this is mechanically an issue but we got some major errors here on the textures and meshes. Lots and lots of grey that I could walk through. There are other points I could mention regarding the lighting, but will hold off until the next and most important point is addressed.

The main problem you got is that the map only has one lane of attack in it, and the main centre piece could easily give you a stalemate.

Create a 4-3-2-3 or a 3-2-3 instead of a 2-1 (which is what you have done) and I think that stylistically and perhaps even thematically you might have something here. As far as I know there is not another map with this approach as yet and it could be popular.
    Attached Files
    Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch Mitchell View Post
      Ok, not that this is mechanically an issue but we got some major errors here on the textures and meshes. Lots and lots of grey that I could walk through. There are other points I could mention regarding the lighting, but will hold off until the next and most important point is addressed.
      First, thanks for the feedback Mitch Mitchel, I appreciate it.
      I double-checked(now) this map on second computer, where is only the fresh UT installation and this CTF-Maze PAK and I'm seeing everything OK. No mesh, without proper material. It's weird.

The main problem you got is that the map only has one lane of attack in it, and the main centre piece could easily give you a stalemate.

Create a 4-3-2-3 or a 3-2-3 instead of a 2-1 (which is what you have done) and I think that stylistically and perhaps even thematically you might have something here. As far as I know there is not another map with this approach as yet and it could be popular.
      I know it is not a standard way of doing a CTF map and I agree that you can stuck in the middle field. I wanted to do a map with maximum contact for 3v3, but maybe it's too much and it needs to be extended for alternate ways as you said. I will think about it again, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by rrada View Post
        First, thanks for the feedback Mitch Mitchel, I appreciate it.
        I double-checked(now) this map on second computer, where is only the fresh UT installation and this CTF-Maze PAK and I'm seeing everything OK. No mesh, without proper material. It's weird.

I know it is not a standard way of doing a CTF map and I agree that you can stuck in the middle field. I wanted to do a map with maximum contact for 3v3, but maybe it's too much and it needs to be extended for alternate ways as you said. I will think about it again, thanks.
        I'm using epic settings on everything, if that helps you.
        Maps:

DM-PSi ; DM-Genku ; DM-Untold Storage ; DM-Station (WIP) ; DM-HeatRay Physx (WIP)

DM/TSD-Formidable (WIP)

Comment

I'm using epic settings on everything, if that helps you.
          Same here, both PCs has epic settings on everything and I'm still not able to replicate your issue. Would be nice, if somebody else can test it and I will try to get another testing PC.
          Anyway I will try to rework the whole ivy foliage, both mesh and material, and we will see.

Comment

Working...
          X