DOM-Olden

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DOM-Olden

Olden map for Domination (remake of UT99 map)
    Map version: beta 1 for public release

Download DOM-Olden here
    Requires the Domination plug in (Get the current UTDomGameMode plugin here)

Issues: None
    Comments: Most of the map is done, I do plan on one day updating some of the older textures and adding some more detailed staticmeshes.

Code:
    MapRotation=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP
    RedirectReferences=(PackageName="DOM-Olden-WindowsNoEditor", PackageURLProtocol="http", 
    PackageURL="ut.rushbase.net/Snake/UTDomGameMode/Maps/DOM-Olden-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageChecksum="51ddabd6ccc679a1c98e2cb2fbaeab4a")

Attached Files
    Last edited by Snake.Pliskin; 11-13-2015, 03:51 PM. Reason: Added MapRotation info
    Author: Domination Game Mode (Native UT4 Plug-in)
    Get the Install on ModDB.com
    Source Code available on GitHub

Feedback anyone? You like? Don't like?

Comment

Snake, I'm going to try this baby out the second I get home from work. Judging by the screenshots, this is going to be great!

Comment

Like I promised, just played the map. First time with 9 bots, next with 5.

The map is a bit small, so 10 players was too cramped, 6 played fine. I also haven't really encountered any flaws gameplay-wise. With the visuals, it could use some polish. A cheap trick: I noticed many walls have this white sheen over them, like they are made out of plastic. You could set the Roughness and Metalic on 0 with a Constant node. You can make good looking texture later on. You could also try your luck with a post proces volume, maybe add some colour filter to it.

Anyway, great work! Olden has been a popular map, I hope this will get the DOM mod some momentum

Comment

For both I got "The requested URL was not found on this server."
          The new UT is coming along nicely...
          Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

Rushbase is down and that's where it is hosted. So please recook + host it somewhere new.

Also those planks are floating O.o
            -Fn>Metalfist
            ---------------------
            CTF-AsteroidDrill | UT99 Ports&Muts | Nyandeemer | Unreal Papercrafts | Unreal Monsters | ChaosUT | UT-SLV: Strangelove | DeviantArt | Zunnie's Mug

Comment

At the moment, there is no compatible version yet. I am having issues with getting the latest UT code release to compile.
              I Will post updates when it becomes available.

Comment

Working...
              X