.... you got him Bawsy

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Van View Post
        Hihihi, panic? not me, even if the master is looking at my work
        .... you got him Bawsy
        You guys are eeevilll .
        Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

alright, I only played a couple of games but here are my first impressions:
          Overall it offers a very solid and fun gameplay, the new additions work well and don't detract from the classic gameplay loop
          Things to improve IMO:
          -The colors and the lights can be a bit jarring, too much contrast and too much saturation (solid blue, solid green, solid red....)
          -the gravity feels too low and it results in too much floating around. It works well to connect the various levels though
          I'll do a more extensive review when I get a chance, but great work overall, it brought back some memories

Comment

Originally posted by Inoxx View Post
            alright, I only played a couple of games but here are my first impressions:
            Overall it offers a very solid and fun gameplay, the new additions work well and don't detract from the classic gameplay loop
            Things to improve IMO:
            -The colors and the lights can be a bit jarring, too much contrast and too much saturation (solid blue, solid green, solid red....)
            -the gravity feels too low and it results in too much floating around. It works well to connect the various levels though
            I'll do a more extensive review when I get a chance, but great work overall, it brought back some memories
            I'm definitely honored that you took the time out to try it. Thanks for the feedback on the lighting. That's where I've always struggled the most on maps. Rev A2 already has much reduced floatiness on the gravity. Great to see you hanging out in the forum!

Comment

Alpha 1

Well bud,

Talk about a very fun, first release

I must say :

- Gravity = feel very good, it move and feel just right (yééééé!).
              - Scaling = play perfect to me.
              - Ladders = it is seriously fun
              - Belt = it add something knew. I would keep that tbo

As for the rest, comparing with the UT3 version, I honestly prefer the meshing, lighting in your previous version. Therefore, gameplay wise, this Alpha version is pretty accurate and fun and indeed, a hidden room with the deemer is a must, someday
              Stevie's corner
              Maps, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
              Links, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
                Well bud,

Talk about a very fun, first release

I must say :

- Gravity = feel very good, it move and feel just right (yééééé!).
                - Scaling = play perfect to me.
                - Ladders = it is seriously fun
                - Belt = it add something knew. I would keep that tbo

As for the rest, comparing with the UT3 version, I honestly prefer the meshing, lighting in your previous version. Therefore, gameplay wise, this Alpha version is pretty accurate and fun and indeed, a hidden room with the deemer is a must, someday
                Thanks for checking it out Steve. I've got a long way to go on it and I'm probably going to have to make some of my own meshes to get the look I want. I'm hoping to have an A2 ready in a couple of weeks. It will have different lighting, textures, and meshing.

Comment

Here's a screenshot of the upcoming A2 version. My task list is still really long to get it to a releasable state so it will be a while yet.

Attached Files

Comment

when come next update?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris UT4 View Post
                      when come next update?
                      Still a couple of weeks off since my time is so limited.

Comment

Please after the new Build with engine 4.11

Comment

Some serious eye candy progress screeny you posted here M^uL! Keep it Up!
                          LoPing
                          Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
                            Some serious eye candy progress screeny you posted here M^uL! Keep it Up!
                            Thanks brutha! Tryin' to put some elbow grease into it.

Comment

Hi MuL,

like the new, overall darker metal look. As I assume that this map is graphically not too demanding for the gfx card, what about changing the material of the surrounding tanks / tubes of the main platform to something like glass containing an orange or green kind of emissive and in motion liquid texture? Would bring some more varsity in terms of material usage to the map...

Van

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Van View Post
                                Hi MuL,

like the new, overall darker metal look. As I assume that this map is graphically not too demanding for the gfx card, what about changing the material of the surrounding tanks / tubes of the main platform to something like glass containing an orange or green kind of emissive and in motion liquid texture? Would bring some more varsity in terms of material usage to the map...

Van
                                I do have liquid blue (updated from A1) flowing through clear glass pipes in several areas and tried it on the pipes on the sides but it was a bit crazy. It's something I will consider again but not for A2. Still a long way to go after A2 but I wanted to get a significant update out that plays better with an overall improved look. if I went for something like orange, I would need to figure out the "exchange" system that causes blue energy/liquid going in and orange going out or vice versa. I will consider it down the road.

Comment

Working...
                                X