No announcement yet.

DM-SpaceNoxx [WIP][Updated: 11-13-16]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M^uL, it's a thing of beauty, gave it a run last night and I was seriously impressed! great work!

One thing that I did find interesting is that I received a message indicating "Possible speedhack detected" I'm thinking it's because I'm running my hub on a VM machine, because things got a bit laggy at that time. (I'm sure it's me!)

I'll up the core count on the VM and see if 2 vCPU is enough, I have seen a message in the log indicating that the game engine appears to be looking for 4 cores, and then it runs in some other single core context, so we'll see what happens.

Thanks again,

Lexx000

Comment

Originally posted by Lexx000 View Post
      M^uL, it's a thing of beauty, gave it a run last night and I was seriously impressed! great work!

One thing that I did find interesting is that I received a message indicating "Possible speedhack detected" I'm thinking it's because I'm running my hub on a VM machine, because things got a bit laggy at that time. (I'm sure it's me!)

I'll up the core count on the VM and see if 2 vCPU is enough, I have seen a message in the log indicating that the game engine appears to be looking for 4 cores, and then it runs in some other single core context, so we'll see what happens.

Thanks again,

Lexx000
      Thanks for checking it out. My A2 version should be available in a week or so which will have quite a bit of polishing. The speedhack thingy is a network issue and is not related to the map. I get it every once in a while when I'm online. I've had it on dedicated servers so it's not limited to VPS's.
      Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

OH WOW, looking good. Hope this gets as on official map on the marketplace.

I'd say maybe just a bit more polygons for the center-upper platform is doable. The jagged edges are very visible right now. Oh and giving the center death-field some nice effects (using the GPU accelerated particles) would be cool.
        Check out my work!
        | Sci-fi Stinger-Minigun | Faction Weapons
        | Localization

Comment

Originally posted by InVader View Post
          OH WOW, looking good. Hope this gets as on official map on the marketplace.

I'd say maybe just a bit more polygons for the center-upper platform is doable. The jagged edges are very visible right now. Oh and giving the center death-field some nice effects (using the GPU accelerated particles) would be cool.
          The center effects will be much improved in A2 but I'm not creating my own particle effects at the moment. It takes an enormous amount of time to just to modify/customize the stock effects let alone create new ones. Maybe before release. I may build a custom mesh for upper ring at some point but not for A2.

Comment

Eye candy no doubt! Space = Awesome
            work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

Had a reminiscent moment after removing all the old build maps and noticed something...

LoPing
              Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

LOL, nice one Dutch. I'm still working on this. I have an A2 version but it's huge with the current pak issues and I'm also working through some performance issues. It takes about 8 hours to build lighting on my puter right now (gettin ready to build a new rig pretty soon) so it's really hard to iterate.

Comment

Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
                  Had a reminiscent moment after removing all the old build maps and noticed something...

Freaking epic! You might want to be careful with the jump pad particle effects. On this screenshot they look a tad too obscuring. Try lowering the max height of those rings. You might also want to change their color, so that blue players don't blend in with them. This could potentially put red players at a disadvantage.

Other than that, I like what you did to the center platform. Looks nice and smooth now. I'd also increase the polygons on the top ring platform (where the superhealth is). Bottom platform looks fine. Maybe just some adjustments to those pillars, so that they don't look like they're cutting through the bottom platform, where they touch it.

Btw. have you tried setting up reflections? There's lots of metallic surfaces here, just like on Outpost23. The reflections would look great here.

Can't wait for this to be officially in the game
                  Check out my work!
                  | Sci-fi Stinger-Minigun | Faction Weapons
                  | Localization

Comment

You might want to dubble check this thread again InVader. I just posted an edit of M^uL's hard work (old build), for fun.
                    LoPing

Comment

Yeah he was just pulling your leg Invader. I have plenty of ReflectionCaptureSpheres (actually, too many right now) and some reflective materials. You wouldn't want the main play area to be that reflective though since that would blow your eyeballs out. I'll grab some current screenshots and post em in a few.

Comment

Here's some recent screenshots of Alpha 2. Just goofing around with some stuff. Nothing is set in stone.

Attached Files

Comment

Overall the map looks great, I just have a minor little gripe about something very visible: The text and logos on the sides of the map are all variable widths, most are squashed. Compare the "03" to "Injector 3" It's clear that the longer phrase had to be squished to fit where it is, which is something that large corporations just don't do (because they hire graphic designers, and that's a big no-no in that field). It bugs me particularly with the "Liandri" text, as it's a double faux pas to squish a logotype when it's a part of a corporate identity.

Like I said, small gripe but bugs the hell outta me every time I see it. :P

Comment

Originally posted by aniviron View Post
                            Overall the map looks great, I just have a minor little gripe about something very visible: The text and logos on the sides of the map are all variable widths, most are squashed. Compare the "03" to "Injector 3" It's clear that the longer phrase had to be squished to fit where it is, which is something that large corporations just don't do (because they hire graphic designers, and that's a big no-no in that field). It bugs me particularly with the "Liandri" text, as it's a double faux pas to squish a logotype when it's a part of a corporate identity.

Like I said, small gripe but bugs the hell outta me every time I see it. :P
                            I'll be sure to redo that at some point. I'm probably going to change the font and color stripe completely down the road.

Comment

Oh yeeahh.. keep it up M^uL!
                              LoPing

Comment

Originally posted by M^uL View Post
                                I'll be sure to redo that at some point. I'm probably going to change the font and color stripe completely down the road.
                                I do like the font choice and I like that the columns are numbered, makes it easier to orient yourself. Just needs a little tweaking imo. :]

Comment

Working...
                                X