Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-SpaceNoxx [WIP][Updated: 11-13-16]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [PROTOTYPE] DM-SpaceNoxx [WIP][Updated: 11-13-16]

    Map Name: DM-SpaceNoxx
    Current Version: Alpha 3.4e
    Current Version Release Date: 11/12/16
    Download: HERE

    Alpha 3.4e: Just a quick recook for the latest game update.

    Alpha 3.4c Update Summary:
    Rebuilt for 4.14 UE build. Lighting is substantially different with this build with more realistic sunlight (screenshots are out of date).

    I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA ( https://www.unrealengine.com/eula).

    Server Settings:
    This is playable on the Unreal Carnage Hub already. Here's the info for other admins.

    Game.ini
    Code:
    RedirectReferences=(PackageName="DM-SpaceNoxx_A3_4e-WindowsNoEditor",PackageURLProtocol="https",PackageURL="redirect.playunreal.com/ut4/users/UnrealCarnage1ff0/DM-SpaceNoxx_A3_4e-WindowsNoEditor.pak",PackageChecksum="eb7577edae0d2a9b81865a524dcbf0ba")
    Rules .ini
    Code:
    CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-SpaceNoxx_A3_4e
    Background:
    This is a completely scratch built version of SpaceNoxx (not a conversion). It's going to be a while before I get to the beta phase since I have limited time.

    Credits:
    Obviously this is a remake of DM-SpaceNoxx in UT99 by Cedric “Inoxx” Fiorentino. The other lineage is from Fuegerstef's DM-FST-SpaceNoxx from UT2004. He gave me the green light to use that as inspiration for my scratch built DM-MCC-SpaceNoxx. People that played the UT3 version will notice that this is smaller but correctly sized for UT4.

    Version A2.16 8 Player Mayhem:



    Version A3.4 Screenshots:






















    Version A1 Notes and Images:

     
    Spoiler
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MΛuL; 11-13-2016, 11:33 PM.
    Unreal Carnage.com
    UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx
    UT3 Maps: DM-MCC-Hangar DM-MCC-SpaceNoxx DM-MCC-DeathFan DM-MCC-Fith and more...

  • #2
    M^uL perfect Work i can not wait to see the Final Version from the Map

    Comment


    • #3
      looks great

      Comment


      • #4
        That looks really cool, I hope it plays as good as it looks!
        PayBack
        Come Join UT4Pugs.com on Discord! https://discord.gg/nx5Gnbx
        Capture the Flag, Elimination, Duel, Assault, Flag Run, Death Match, Team Death Match, Custom Maps and Mutators!
        UT4Pugs Chicao MEGAHUB - Dual CPU, Intel Xeon 16C/32T 64GB RAM Bare Metal Server
        UT4Pugs Detroit Minihub - Single CPU, Intel Haswell 4C/4T 8GB RAM SSD Bare Metal Server

        Comment


        • #5
          yesyesYES!
          "Hey babe, are you set to godlike?"
          "No, why."
          "Cause your more attractive than a bot using the Link Gun's secondary"

          Comment


          • #6
            Yeee-ha cowboy! The ultimate fun map

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by [FnG]Bawsy View Post
              Yeee-ha cowboy! The ultimate fun map
              "Happy Fun Times Maul" at your service.
              Unreal Carnage.com
              UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx
              UT3 Maps: DM-MCC-Hangar DM-MCC-SpaceNoxx DM-MCC-DeathFan DM-MCC-Fith and more...

              Comment


              • #8
                Awesome, I loved this map back in the day, this looks fantastic

                Comment


                • #9
                  UnReal map! Will be testing it with m8's on the LoPing Arena server.
                  FuN Blast down Memory Lane on this one!! & now for the run down;
                  • Nice weapon placement all around!
                  • Even more nice shield belt addition!
                  • Great addition of roosting spots on/around the towers!
                  • Came across a blocking issue on the spotlights on each of the towers. You can shoot the lightbeam (& blow yourself up drop'n/shooting down on it & Sludge actually sticks on it in midair like)
                  • Some issues with loading on server, still loaded though:
                  • Initialising Body : Body is mirrored but bGenerateMirroredCollision == false:
                    AddConvexElemsToRigidActor: [/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-UC-SpaceNoxx_A1.DM-UC-SpaceNoxx_A1:PersistentLevel.BlockingVolume34.BrushComponent0] ConvexElem[0] invalid
                  • 0]LogPhysics:Warning: Initialising Body : Body is mirrored but bGenerateMirroredCollision == false:
                    0]LogPhysics:Warning: AddConvexElemsToRigidActor: [/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-UC-SpaceNoxx_A1.DM-UC-SpaceNoxx_A1:PersistentLevel.BlockingVolume34.BrushComponent0] ConvexElem[0] invalid

                  A guess on my part for fix'n the swimming up the outside of the towers, the angle you used on the shieldbelt ramp works fine. Maybe pulling the bottomend on the tower angels back some, towards the outer edge would allow you to apply the same as you did with slope towards the shield belt?

                  BiGUp for bringing this map back in style!
                  Last edited by DutchSmoke; 11-17-2015, 11:06 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
                    UnReal map! Will be testing it with m8's on the LoPing Arena server.
                    FuN Blast down Memory Lane on this one!! & now for the run down;
                    • Nice weapon placement all around!
                    • Even more nice shield belt addition!
                    • Great addition of roosting spots on/around the towers!
                    • Came across a blocking issue on the spotlights on each of the towers. You can shoot the lightbeam (& blow yourself up drop'n/shooting down on it & Sludge actually sticks on it in midair like)
                    • Some issues with loading on server, still loaded though:
                    • Initialising Body : Body is mirrored but bGenerateMirroredCollision == false:
                      AddConvexElemsToRigidActor: [/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-UC-SpaceNoxx_A1.DM-UC-SpaceNoxx_A1:PersistentLevel.BlockingVolume34.BrushComponent0] ConvexElem[0] invalid
                    • 0]LogPhysics:Warning: Initialising Body : Body is mirrored but bGenerateMirroredCollision == false:
                      0]LogPhysics:Warning: AddConvexElemsToRigidActor: [/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-UC-SpaceNoxx_A1.DM-UC-SpaceNoxx_A1:PersistentLevel.BlockingVolume34.BrushComponent0] ConvexElem[0] invalid

                    A guess on my part for fix'n the swimming up the outside of the towers, the angle you used on the shieldbelt ramp works fine. Maybe pulling the bottomend on the tower angels back some, towards the outer edge would allow you to apply the same as you did with slope towards the shield belt?

                    BiGUp for bringing this map back in style!
                    Thanks for checking it out Dutch. I noticed the same thing on the light cones last night. Stuck a goo on one lol. It's added to my long list. I actually thought the exact same thing that the shield ramp, while steep, still works so it might be possible to pull out the bottoms of the towers. Thanks for the server log output. Will check into that.
                    Unreal Carnage.com
                    UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx
                    UT3 Maps: DM-MCC-Hangar DM-MCC-SpaceNoxx DM-MCC-DeathFan DM-MCC-Fith and more...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Good job on the remake. Not the type of map I normally like to play but it looks good, performs well and playing it immediately brought back memories of the original.

                      The ladders are a nice touch BTW.

                      Well done, you nailed it!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        did a quick fly through testing the redirect on the Hub server and noticed 1 small BSP hole....see below for location!



                        .... end of right side of blue panel strip with "01"!
                        Attached Files
                        http://s5.postimg.org/edy9j9ykn/Laam...Forum_Sig1.jpg

                        http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-
                        http://s5.postimg.org/qsk8gc8zn/Instagib.gif

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Woah man sick map. A lil Phobos reference from UT99 and of course a nice remake/ or whatever you call it forone of my favorite map from UT99 DM-SpaceNoxx, i was waiting for someone to tackle this! Will give it play and report with feedback. Thanks for your contribution!
                          Last edited by UTSkaarj; 11-18-2015, 01:47 PM.
                          ____________________________________________________________________
                          UT Forums Username: UTSkaarj
                          UT Game Username: Khaos Demon

                          "Try Turning the safety off!"
                          http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...ex-d31h09y.png

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Thanks for this map M^ul!

                            Just gave it afew round's in 6pl DM against bots and had quite some fun. Found 2 things:

                            - due to low gravity, when you get hit by minigun shard 2nd fire, it almost blows yoou out of the universe, nice to watch as your ragdoll-body is racing with the shard bullet into the void. No idea if you should place an overall limiting blocking vol. in distance around the map

                            - bots seem to somehow get stuck down the ladder/pathway shortly before the shield belt. In the UT stream today, Epic mentioned bot AI improvements for the new build, so i will re-check with the commming build, but maybe you can check this in the UTE if the navigation path down there is fine.

                            Besides this, great work! I'm not really sure if if likethe grey-yelow-browinsh color of the platform, as it a bit conflicts with the blue labels and underside, maybe e.g. more greyish to dark gray or gray with green would fit better. But i would definitely not try to use the same kind of color scheme for platform the planet's asteroid ring like it is right now. Maybe go for grey-anthrazit or blue-violet for the ring .... or give us various color versions .

                            An maybe the fluctuation effect of the force field in the middle of the platform could be a bit larger in size, faster fluctuating and more 'dangerous looking' in color compared to the now harmless, inviting baby-sky-blue


                            Anyway, a BIG thanks for this one!
                            Last edited by Mr Van; 11-19-2015, 01:57 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Mr Van View Post
                              Thanks for this map M^ul!

                              Just gave it afew round's in 6pl DM against bots and had quite some fun. Found 2 things:

                              - due to low gravity, when you get hit by minigun shard 2nd fire, it almost blows yoou out of the universe, nice to watch as your ragdoll-body is racing with the shard bullet into the void. No idea if you should place an overall limiting blocking vol. in distance around the map

                              - bots seem to somehow get stuck down the ladder/pathway shortly before the shield belt. In the UT stream today, Epic mentioned bot AI improvements for the new build, so i will re-check with the commming build, but maybe you can check this in the UTE if the navigation path down there is fine.

                              Besides this, great work! I'm not really sure if if likethe grey-yelow-browinsh color of the platform, as it a bit conflicts with the blue labels and underside, maybe e.g. more greyish to dark gray or gray with green would fit better. But i would definitely not try to use the same kind of color scheme for platform the planet's asteroid ring like it is right now. Maybe go for grey-anthrazit or blue-violet for the ring .... or give us various color versions

                              Anyway, thanks for this one!
                              Thanks for checking it out. Yeah the shard problem kinda sucks because putting a blocking vol out there will be kinda weird too but I think I will have to put one at some distance. I plan on changing the angle of the ramp to the shield belt anyway because it is just too steep.

                              I'm not set on the coloring/lighting yet either. I was trying to go for a grey metal battleship-esqe look instead of the "space concrete" of old but I'm having a tough time with the lighting at the moment. I could potentially go with a white sunrise over the planet which wouldn't look as good as the orange as a backdrop but the play area would look better probably. The underside lighting is probably fine since that accurately portrays the reflection off the planet below.

                              Unfortunately "metal" materials are really hard to light in UE4 I'm discovering. That's why in darker spots, chrome pipes look black like on the ceiling in Face. The tough part is that it takes about 45 mins to build the lighting now so it's really hard to iterate. Seriously need to get a new puter.

                              I've still got a long way to go since I'm using this as my UE4 learning map but I figured it was playable enough to put out there.

                              Originally posted by Laambo View Post
                              did a quick fly through testing the redirect on the Hub server and noticed 1 small BSP hole....see below for location!



                              .... end of right side of blue panel strip with "01"!
                              Hey thanks for catching that one Laambo!

                              Originally posted by MoxNix View Post
                              Good job on the remake. Not the type of map I normally like to play but it looks good, performs well and playing it immediately brought back memories of the original.

                              The ladders are a nice touch BTW.

                              Well done, you nailed it!
                              Thanks for checking it out Moxnix. It's always good to have a Noxx or Morbias around as a palate-cleanser .
                              Unreal Carnage.com
                              UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx
                              UT3 Maps: DM-MCC-Hangar DM-MCC-SpaceNoxx DM-MCC-DeathFan DM-MCC-Fith and more...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X