• Show
Clear All

• started a topic [PROTOTYPE] DM-SpaceNoxx [WIP][Updated: 11-13-16]

DM-SpaceNoxx [WIP][Updated: 11-13-16]

Map Name: DM-SpaceNoxx
    Current Version: Alpha 3.4e
    Current Version Release Date: 11/12/16
    Download: HERE

Alpha 3.4e: Just a quick recook for the latest game update.

Alpha 3.4c Update Summary:
    Rebuilt for 4.14 UE build. Lighting is substantially different with this build with more realistic sunlight (screenshots are out of date).

I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA ( https://www.unrealengine.com/eula).

Server Settings:
    This is playable on the Unreal Carnage Hub already. Here's the info for other admins.

Game.ini
    Code:
    RedirectReferences=(PackageName="DM-SpaceNoxx_A3_4e-WindowsNoEditor",PackageURLProtocol="https",PackageURL="redirect.playunreal.com/ut4/users/UnrealCarnage1ff0/DM-SpaceNoxx_A3_4e-WindowsNoEditor.pak",PackageChecksum="eb7577edae0d2a9b81865a524dcbf0ba")
    Rules .ini
    Code:
    CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-SpaceNoxx_A3_4e
    Background:
    This is a completely scratch built version of SpaceNoxx (not a conversion). It's going to be a while before I get to the beta phase since I have limited time.

Credits:
    Obviously this is a remake of DM-SpaceNoxx in UT99 by Cedric “Inoxx” Fiorentino. The other lineage is from Fuegerstef's DM-FST-SpaceNoxx from UT2004. He gave me the green light to use that as inspiration for my scratch built DM-MCC-SpaceNoxx. People that played the UT3 version will notice that this is smaller but correctly sized for UT4.

Version A2.16 8 Player Mayhem:

Version A3.4 Screenshots:

Version A1 Notes and Images:

Spoiler
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MΛuL; 11-13-2016, 11:33 PM.

• replied
    Grate Map, can you update so that it is playable again?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OMG.... this is looking top notch, cant wait to frag on this old lady.....from the picts there s a jump between this one and the UT3 version, for sure you re mastering it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Haha, Mr Van found it. I haven't formally released an update for this build because I'm having problems with several materials that I used. The main material is looking super low-res in game so Epic must have changed something on those. I haven't had a chance to investigate.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Join the Unreal Carnage hub and start a custom game. You select and hence download it/content then from there...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is a beautifully done map maul, any chance of a recook for the update?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MΛuL View Post
    Actually you could play on DutchSmoke's Loping server. Those crazy guys have the TL enabled in DM .
    We sure do! Plus all of MΛuL's hard works!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MΛuL View Post
    Actually you could play on DutchSmoke's Loping server. Those crazy guys have the TL enabled in DM .
    Again, missing thanks button.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by LAcy View Post
    Great map, just played. I like low gravity, reminds me to one UT2004 CTF map. Would be nice to have translocator enabled to have a chance to get back to the station if fall from the edge.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great map, just played. I like low gravity, reminds me to one UT2004 CTF map. Would be nice to have translocator enabled to have a chance to get back to the station if fall from the edge.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you kind sir!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Recooked for latest build. See first post.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, i guess i understand why it could be unwanted. In maps with low gravity, if you push the opponents off the map and then they just always come back, it could be very frustrating. But then, if you are falling you will want to go back unless you die very soon or almost instantly. The more time you have before hit the kill zone, the more you want to go back coz it's the human nature to struggle.

I'd say no to elevators because it could be exploited but yes to something risky or punishing so you won't use them unless when you have no choice (falling). And make sure it doesn't lead you to an easy vantage point.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=2998]chonglee[/MENTION], by the way, I was actually playing in a match on this many months ago with a pile of people and I mentioned I was thinking about adding floating "recovery elevators" and I got a couple of "noooooooooo"s so I didn't do that. I'm actually thinking I might overturn that and put something in. I do think its much easier to fall off in UT4 compared to other UTs due to the movement so I will reconsider that again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for checking it out DS. One of the things I was considering instead of raising or lowering the asteroid was to add some mining equipment out there that would protect the person going for the shield. I like to be able to dodge/jump to the asteroid from the shock and the one jump pad will take you close to the sniper with some air control. Will have to think about centering it and what that messes up (likely a bunch of things ).

Nice new/old comparison!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X