Hall Of Giants Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EvilGrins View Post
    Gravity seems a bit heavier than it should be.
    I tried my best to recreate the original gravity, but I'd love some feedback if someone's willing to test the gravity.
    At the same time we need to remember the movement system has changed since UT99, so heavier/lighter gravity might be a better option

Thanks barsam! D
    Progress has slowed down lately but should pick back up again in the new year!
    <3
    "Hey babe, are you set to godlike?"
    "No, why."
    "Cause your more attractive than a bot using the Link Gun's secondary"

Comment

Originally posted by GGaben View Post
      I tried my best to recreate the original gravity, but I'd love some feedback if someone's willing to test the gravity.
      I don't have UT4 on my system (yet) and I don't know where to look for gravity settings, but I've got like a dozen maps of HallOfGiants, for various gametypes, under ut99. I can send you a download of one of them, or you could tell me where to look for the appropriate gravity setting.

Sadly since I got Win10 my ut2004 doesn't work anymore...

Last edited by EvilGrins; 01-02-2016, 04:45 PM. Reason: screenshots
      Have you hugged a Skaarj today?

http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/

Comment

it works fine on win 10, you just need to change renderer.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
        Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by GGaben View Post
          At the same time we need to remember the movement system has changed since UT99, so heavier/lighter gravity might be a better option

Thanks barsam! D
          Progress has slowed down lately but should pick back up again in the new year!
          <3

Question? Are you changing the World Gravity in the World settings or are you adding a Physics volume and setting it there? I had started on a version of HOG months ago and had done some testing with my Physics volume set at 0.39 and terminal velocity set at 2600. I ran into problems with Jump pads bringing you up to the right height and also the player landing damage. I was basing this off the UT3 version of HOG. Also the lack of double jump makes this harder to replicate. I've never played this map in 1999 or 2004... Only the UT3 remake! Either way I wish you luck on this project!
          Running the Mega Hub for everyone to enjoy!

Comment

I've actually been playing with the world settings to change the gravity, I haven't tried with a Physics volume. I can do either, is there one option that is superior to the other for any reason?

I feel like if I make the gravity an exact copy of the original you are able to Wall-Jump your way all the way to the end in one go, which can break gameplay a bit. This is why I made it heavier, but that can easily be changed. Just download the map and try it out and tell me whether you like it or not :P

EDIT: The world gravity is exactly "-750" <3
            Last edited by GGaben; 01-05-2016, 04:49 PM.
            "No, why."

Comment

Added XL version of the Redux map and given it the same gravity value as the XL Direct Port map, updated OP, would love some feedback <3
              "No, why."

Comment

I would love to test it, if i knew what version to download. I really don't understand why you have to work on 5 different version of the same map! Just pick a version and get it done right!
                Running the Mega Hub for everyone to enjoy!

Comment

The reason there are so many versions at the moment are for a couple reasons:
                  • Having an XL version of each map with low gravity, especially the direct port, is mainly because it most closely resembles the original ones in UT99 etc. and some people may like these inclusions for nostalgia's sake
                  • The redux version is my own take on the map, where I have tried to balance it as much as possible for casual play. I have moved the weapons, added teleporters and changed the geometry to try make it more interesting and "fair" to play.

I do understand where you are coming from, and it may be down to the way I have laid out my post too, I will consider this.

But the main one I would like testing would be the normal sized Redux as this is the one I am focusing on at the moment <3
                  "No, why."

Comment

Updated OP with brand new version on Redux, I've changed quite a bit by my standards, and I would love some feedback on the changes and how it plays! <3
                    "No, why."

Comment

There been any further progress on this?
                      Have you hugged a Skaarj today?

http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X