No announcement yet.

DM-Pilgrim (7/22/17)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm I see what you mean. I found a way to avoid the problem I ran into... instead of having one folder for my assets that is updated over time, I need to create asset folders for each build. So I have a "Meshes C" folder for the next build that includes the new versions of the meshes that were updated. This prevents conflicts between the latest build and earlier builds. The same was done for any updated materials.

I think it's just a bad mix of my workflow and how the editor handles assets. It's just something I need to keep in mind. To be honest I'm surprised that others haven't encountered this yet. Maybe it's just my method that's the problem haha
    DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Here are some progress shots!

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

So far I have maybe 30% of the map meshed. Though some of those meshes still need some more work and polish. I added a mountain to the background, and some of that white rock as a backdrop to contrast the gray bricks. Ivy is spread around to break up the ubiquitous gray bricks, but I think there's still some work to be done. The wood was changed to a darker brown color as well. As far as gameplay is concerned, I reworked the Udmg room a bit. Hopefully the new build lands soon so I can release the next pak.
      DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Looking great, especially like the sea-side of your map and the dark clouds look really nice too
        WIP - Maps (UT - Build 0.1.12.1): https://goo.gl/v8ze8Y
        Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/barsam2a

Comment

At this rate tidu, I'll be more inclinded to take a vacation from headshot'n and going for swim instead of playing the map Nice progress posted.
          LoPing
          Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Thanks guys! New UT build should drop next week so I will have a new version shortly after. I am trying to fix a pathing bug I have now that can cause a crash with bots but I don't anticipate that delaying anything.
            DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Update C has been posted, check the first post for the download link. Enjoy
              DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Sweet. Loadin' it on the server now...
                Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Niceness! Reloaded on the LoPing for your enjoyment. BiGUp tidu

LoPing

Comment

Originally posted by M^uL View Post
                    Sweet. Loadin' it on the server now...
                    Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
                    Niceness! Reloaded on the LoPing for your enjoyment. BiGUp tidu
                    Thanks guys! Dutch, I created a little highlight reel using the replay from the match today. The editing is little rough because I only have Windows Movie Maker. The replay tool isn't the easiest to work with either but I am happy with the results. Thanks again for putting the map (and everyone else's) on your server.

DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Nice clip there tidu! Glad you enjoyed yourself as we surely enjoy your map. Great update! Keep Up the GoodWorks!.
                      LoPing

Comment

Glad to see this map is getting some playtime! I've been working on the floor in some of the rooms. I re-purposed some assets from Chill and created a mesh for the floor to give it more depth than just the normal map. I am keeping the stones white to contrast with the walls.

So not too much, just a little progress:

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

I still have to work out that seam, for some reason they don't light perfectly along the edges.
                        DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Looking good there tidu! Speaking of seams, did you notice the one on the water, straight behind the chest armour? Minor details of course - all comments from those who played it, Enjoyed it!
                          LoPing

Comment

Sweet looking map with fun gameplay!
                            Some suggestions concerning the visuals:
                            You can increase the height of certain non playable areas and add some basic bsp architecture.
                            This will create a more dramatic contrast between the lower destroyed brick walls.
                            It also complements low angled directional light actors! Especially when light bounces off from walls with foliage/moss and gives a green hue to the surrounding materials.
                            A final suggestion that will certainly benefit visibility and aesthetics is to use a way lighter stone brick mat. I dare say to try and match the colours of the mesh stones inside the map!
                            Maps:||DM-TournamentGrounds||CTF-TitanGuard||DM-RelentlessMachine||
                            Weapons:||Tridium Impaler||

Comment

Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
                              Looking good there tidu! Speaking of seams, did you notice the one on the water, straight behind the chest armour? Minor details of course - all comments from those who played it, Enjoyed it!
                              Yep I know what you're talking about. The water is still a work in progress so it'll be fixed before the map is done. The water as it is now is quite resource intensivd because it's one huge reflective sheet, I'd like to address this as well.

Originally posted by darksinn3r View Post
                              Sweet looking map with fun gameplay!
                              Some suggestions concerning the visuals:
                              You can increase the height of certain non playable areas and add some basic bsp architecture.
                              This will create a more dramatic contrast between the lower destroyed brick walls.
                              It also complements low angled directional light actors! Especially when light bounces off from walls with foliage/moss and gives a green hue to the surrounding materials.
                              A final suggestion that will certainly benefit visibility and aesthetics is to use a way lighter stone brick mat. I dare say to try and match the colours of the mesh stones inside the map!
                              Thanks for the comments! I agree with the structures in the background. It's on my list, I'd like to populate that boring mounting behind the map with a more interesting backdrop of buildings etc. In this version I can't say I have difficulty spotting a player against the stones. This is opinion of course. With the new lighting channels feature in 4.11 I am hoping the game will allow lighting up the characters. I will keep this in mind but every map can't have white walls haha Thanks!
                              DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Hey tidu, it pains me to say this because I love this map but it crashed the game twice on me today. I had a marathon session today online and the only two times the game crashed on me was a minute or two in your map. If I get a chance, if it happens to me again, I will go into the log and grab that for ya. I had no issues on the 4.8 version.
                                Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Working...
                                X