No announcement yet.

DM-Pilgrim (7/22/17)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know I have had the same problem. Before the last release I would crash a few seconds into the map. I suspected it to be the bots navigating over complex meshes since I had not blocked everything out yet. After blocking out the collision with blocking volumes, I did not crash offline anymore.

I tried to get some cool action footage with a replay from a bot match. So I started a match in your hub with just me and bots and it crashed a few seconds in. The same thing happened on another hub. Matches with human players work fine... I should have grabbed the log. I'm still suspecting it's a navigation issue since the map isn't completely blocked out. It's just weird that it only happens with online bot matches.

I will make sure the next release has proper collision volumes everywhere. Maybe I can test a pre-release build on a hub just to make sure before I release the next one. Thanks for bringing this up!

Also, following up with the seams, from what I've found this is an engine limitation. The seams between meshes are a side effect of the way lightmass works. For the final product I will have to combine these meshes so the engine calculates lighting on adjacent floors at the same time.

I am also reworking the room with the invisibility. I found myself dropping down the lift to get the invisibility 90% of the time. I am making this drop easier as well as adding another hallway leading to the room. It will also be larger and open to the ocean. I will post a preview when I get it into a presentable state
    Last edited by tidu; 02-13-2016, 01:56 PM.
    DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Okay, good to know. I just won't put any bots in it for now.
      Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Update D in the OP for the latest build. Crashes should be eliminated now. Enjoy!
        DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Originally posted by tidu View Post
          Update D in the OP for the latest build. Crashes should be eliminated now. Enjoy!
          Okay, thanks tidu. I'll try to put it up on the Hub tonight (as soon as it goes empty...).

Comment

SurfsUP tidu! Reloaded onto the LoPing for your enjoyment.
            LoPing
            Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Originally posted by M^uL View Post
              Okay, thanks tidu. I'll try to put it up on the Hub tonight (as soon as it goes empty...).
              Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
              SurfsUP tidu! Reloaded onto the LoPing for your enjoyment.
              Thanks guys! It's much appreciated
              DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Sorry tidu, but...this is a must have on the Hub. Straight recook will do .

Comment

Link down

Comment

Sorry for the delay, I just uploaded a re-packaged version. Have fun!
                    DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Originally posted by tidu View Post
                      Sorry for the delay, I just uploaded a re-packaged version. Have fun!
                      Thanks tidu!

Edit:
                      Uploaded to the new MPF redirect:
                      RedirectReferences=(PackageName="DM-Pilgrim_E-WindowsNoEditor",PackageURLProtocol="https",PackageURL="redirect.mpforums.com/ut4/users/UnrealCarnagef60a/DM-Pilgrim_E-WindowsNoEditor.pak",PackageChecksum="fa03bdb4d1d4a6fc5475a9d9470cd8f0")
                      Last edited by MΛuL; 06-06-2016, 10:47 PM.

Comment

BigUp tidu ! Reloaded onto the LoPing.
                        LoPing
                        Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Go on Tidu, keep the good work up. Nice usage of decals but map could use more trims and the ceilings are plain if you know what I mean. I like the architecture but it seems monotonous. Good job with the video!
                          For maps and drawings visit: conradjustin.com

Comment

Hey tidu, played Pilgrim E last night and it looks like it got borked by the TitanPass asset changes (I know it well..). Lighting gets screwed up, materials and collision and things like the TP grates get hosed and the wood material you used is now super wet looking. It doesn't look like it would be too bad to fix (hint, hint).

Comment

Please Recook this Map some Textures are Broken with the New Build

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the reminder. I'll clean it up tonight and release a new version.
                                DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

Comment

Working...
                                X