Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-Pilgrim (7/22/17)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    [PROTOTYPE] DM-Pilgrim (7/22/17)

    Download: DM-Pilgrim [124MB]

    Code:
    MapRotation=/Game/Maps/DM-Pilgrim_H2
    RedirectReferences=(PackageName="DM-Pilgrim_H2-WindowsNoEditor", PackageURLProtocol="https", PackageURL="redirect.allnoobs.com/ut4/users/tidu1d769/DM-Pilgrim_H2-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageChecksum="88556d02ddba65d62b9a4349650f0335")




     
    Spoiler



    GIF of the quick travel tunnel
    Last edited by tidu; 07-22-2017, 03:28 PM.
    DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

    #2
    Looks nice !
    These textures make me think of Gooba's Chill artwork...

    Comment


      #3
      Very nice looking indeed tidu! Appreciate you sharing this with the rest of us to enjoy! It's now mapvote listed on the LoPing Arena server for your enjoyment!
      Testing will follow.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by toninus View Post
        Looks nice !
        These textures make me think of Gooba's Chill artwork...
        Thanks! I see what you mean. Though I'm aiming for the warm and fuzzy feeling instead

        This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

        Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
        Very nice looking indeed tidu! Appreciate you sharing this with the rest of us to enjoy! It's now mapvote listed on the LoPing Arena server for your enjoyment!
        Testing will follow.
        Thank you! I'll be sure to hop back in sometime
        DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

        Comment


          #5
          Great to see another map from you tidu! It means more pro quality maps to play! The theme/concept is great by the way.
          Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

          Comment


            #6
            Uploaded to Seniors Nirvana .sr [Dallas] hub. Thanks for the map!!

            Comment


              #7
              Definitely liking the layout after a few minute run through, but the area shown in your first screenshot (and the one in your second post) feels a little strangely open. The two opposing stair-sets seem very wide, the stone door frame feels completely random, and the stairs leading into the water don't add anything. I realize you're going for a warm/fuzzy aesthetic with the open sea & sky but I think it would be good design to have the floor area separated from the water. You could do this with a short ledge/wall and allow the player to jump over to their death (e.g. "Player drowned himself!") but there are definitely other options.

              Also looking out at the water produced bright bloom/lens flare that hurt my eyes a bit.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by M^uL View Post
                Great to see another map from you tidu! It means more pro quality maps to play! The theme/concept is great by the way.
                Originally posted by the_ROCK View Post
                Uploaded to Seniors Nirvana .sr [Dallas] hub. Thanks for the map!!
                Thanks for the kind words and uploading to the hub!

                Originally posted by gzv View Post
                Definitely liking the layout after a few minute run through, but the area shown in your first screenshot (and the one in your second post) feels a little strangely open. The two opposing stair-sets seem very wide, the stone door frame feels completely random, and the stairs leading into the water don't add anything. I realize you're going for a warm/fuzzy aesthetic with the open sea & sky but I think it would be good design to have the floor area separated from the water. You could do this with a short ledge/wall and allow the player to jump over to their death (e.g. "Player drowned himself!") but there are definitely other options.

                Also looking out at the water produced bright bloom/lens flare that hurt my eyes a bit.
                Hi gzv, I had the same feeling about the openness of the outside/ocean area. The tall wall between the extended platforms allows the player to jump from the lower one to the vest, but yes the arch there is a bit random. As a test I took that one away and added a wall with a doorway between the tower and the tall wall which split this outside area in half. It does a lot to reduce line of sight. I will play around with it some more because I do not want to restrict flow too much.

                In regards to the water, I do want to create more of a barrier between the playable area and the water. A ledge like you mentioned should work. The steps leading into the water are purely for the player to exit the water easily. They are probably wider than they need to be. Also I'd prefer not to kill the player in the water on this map, even with a ledge it's too easy to be knocked in. A big hazard like that can make the players too cautious in this area especially with the shock nearby. As a result I had to make sure that camping from in the water is very difficult. Visibility underwater is terrible and you cannot tread above water, you bob in and out of the visiblity volume. Next build will have a better water surface so it shouldn't be blinding like you experienced. The last screenshot I posted is a good example. Thanks for your time and the suggestions. I appreciate it!
                DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

                Comment


                  #9
                  A Pretty cool map! So after a nice bash on it, some thoughts;

                  As shown the lighting reflection was a bit bright on the right side.


                  Maybe a swim through tunnel that pop's you up inside the map through there?


                  As we dicussed about them white lines, probably due to lesser GPU on my end.


                  Some more white lines here as well.

                  • Enjoyable swim on this map, the water (imo) maybe a bit too hazy on the eyes. Understandable if you don't want campers sitting in there pitching a tent, yet after having a nice underwater sniper duel I feel safe in saying that maybe decreasing the blur by say 50% could still do the trick.
                  • Making the water a death drown pool would be a shame.
                  • Nice overall weapon/armor placement.

                  Overall feedback from others has been postitive so far, with the odd reference to texture/mesh flow not looking nice on some of the arches & walls.
                  TY for share'n this fresh map & keep up the GooDWorks!
                  Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 12-03-2015, 09:27 PM. Reason: The white lines

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Hey Dutch. That bright line on the wood is strange, it definitely didn't look like that to me. It could be a lightmap resolution issue, I will see if I can resolve it. Thanks again for the run through today, you guys provided a lot of great feedback. I've already addressed the water issues, as well as the bright reflective ceiling and steps. From what I can tell certain things can make maps look very very different depending on your video settings.
                    DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

                    Comment


                      #11
                      All good tidu, happy to have helped out some.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by tidu View Post
                        In regards to the water, I do want to create more of a barrier between the playable area and the water. A ledge like you mentioned should work. The steps leading into the water are purely for the player to exit the water easily. They are probably wider than they need to be. Also I'd prefer not to kill the player in the water on this map, even with a ledge it's too easy to be knocked in. A big hazard like that can make the players too cautious in this area especially with the shock nearby. As a result I had to make sure that camping from in the water is very difficult. Visibility underwater is terrible and you cannot tread above water, you bob in and out of the visiblity volume. Next build will have a better water surface so it shouldn't be blinding like you experienced. The last screenshot I posted is a good example. Thanks for your time and the suggestions. I appreciate it!
                        I guess it's just a difference of opinion, but I really don't like swimming in UT maps so my suggestions were partly aimed at removing access to the water. Either way it's a nice map so I'll try to play test future builds.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by gzv View Post
                          I guess it's just a difference of opinion, but I really don't like swimming in UT maps so my suggestions were partly aimed at removing access to the water. Either way it's a nice map so I'll try to play test future builds.

                          I totally understand, I don't like swimming either but I dislike death traps a little bit more Thanks again for your help gzv!
                          DM-Nine | CTF-HolyOak

                          Comment


                            #14
                            The only map where swimming is fun to me is CTF-Lance.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by toninus View Post
                              The only map where swimming is fun to me is CTF-Lance.
                              *imagines how interesting an acid bath would be..

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X