Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Community Maps On EPIC HUBS - Anyone Testing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Community Maps On EPIC HUBS - Anyone Testing?

Has anyone been testing out the community maps that are now on the Epic HUBS?

It would be great to see more feedback from the community. Once you've played the map, head on over to the authors WIP thread and leave them some constructive feedback.

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/showthread.php?21476-Community-WIP-Maps-on-Epic-HUBs

Win 10
    iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
    3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
    DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
    2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Being able to search all replays using maps rather than searching for specific players and sorting by maps would surely be useful for authors that want to peruse games played on their maps. Unless this is already possible and I am just blind..
    Posts are about duel unless otherwise specified. ut duel shortcomings | What is timing? | dm-twentyseven

Comment

Yeah that would be very helpful!
      Win 10
      3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
      32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:
      DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
      2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

The problem I see is that I barely have time to work on the map with my job... I really don't have time to watch replays of hours of gaming.

Any feedback is good and you, the community, are the key to making the content of this game better. Any mapper will appreciate someone saying that the map is cool, or looks nice. Even if this gives us little insight, it motivates us to keep on putting efforts in our work.

If you spotted just a thing that is buggy, or not playing well, just say it. We will be grateful. Remember that if you don't like a map or part of a map, it's maybe not because the mapper intended it that way. Simply telling us what troubles you will help us understand why you don't like it, and we can make changes to adapt it.

Play these maps, post feedback, even plain simple one, and watch the content of this game get better. We do this for the community, make it a win win by giving us some feedback
        RASTE IN PEACE !
        Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
        Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

FX, I think this thread should actually be in the General Discussion forum to get more exposure.
          Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Hmm, I haven't seen any custom map on Epic Hubs yet. Are they on any already? Weren't they meant to be added some time later?
            Last edited by insomnaut; 12-08-2015, 05:22 PM.
            @insomnaut aka charon / DM-Coma / ArmorWare

Comment

They're on the Dallas HUB at least. Haven't checked the others yet.
              Win 10
              3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
              32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Originally posted by insomnaut View Post
                Hmm, I haven't seen any custom map on Epic Hubs yet. Are they on any already? Weren't they meant to be added some time later?
                They are only available under the Custom tab. They aren't in the regular game types that I know of.
                Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

I've checked a few and there were only Epic maps on them, but I haven't checked Dallas HUB (was unresponsive) until now - and yes, they're all there, though visible only in Custom tab.

I guess most people simply haven't figured out the maps are there. This thing needs more time to be done. It wouldn't have much sense if we need to click through all the hubs to find the one with custom maps. For now, it looks like it's just a single official hub with custom content 'hidden' somewhere deep in a tab no one really cares about.
                  At this point, this changes nothing. If it's going to work, things need to get massive. I guess it's simply an initial phase of support and we all need to remain patient.

Originally posted by M^uL View Post
                  They are only available under the Custom tab. They aren't in the regular game types that I know of.
                  Yup.
                  Last edited by insomnaut; 12-08-2015, 05:57 PM.
                  @insomnaut aka charon / DM-Coma / ArmorWare

Comment

They're not on the map vote, which makes it less likely people will choose to play them.

Comment

Originally posted by NATO_chrisjm View Post
                      They're not on the map vote, which makes it less likely people will choose to play them.
                      Its kinda sad that Epic doesnt know how to setup a hub to run custom content...
                      PayBack

Comment

Why arent the maps they are taking the time to add to servers on mapvote....

Comment

Custom maps are definitely supposed to be on Map Vote, we'll get it tracked down. We should also have them show up on more of our Hubs, Dallas was just supposed to be the test run. We'll get there

Comment

Thx man! I appreciate all the work you guys n girls are putting in
                            Win 10
                            3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
                            32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Maps:

Comment

Originally posted by Clawfist View Post
                              Custom maps are definitely supposed to be on Map Vote, we'll get it tracked down. We should also have them show up on more of our Hubs, Dallas was just supposed to be the test run. We'll get there
                              until Epic gets them rolling on more Epic Hubs you can always jump on your local Epic Trusted Hubs in the mean time as I'm sure they have some (if not most/all) of these already running!

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

Comment

Working...
                              X