Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[REMAKE] [WIP] DM-Pressure

Hello everyone!
    This is remake of one of my favorite maps in UT99 - DM-Pressure.
    The main idea of this remake - abandoned underwater base or lab.

Now I'm meshing it with Outpost assets, making some effects and blueprints, still work in progress...

Some screens

Spoiler

Download link: https://ut.rushbase.net/NKos/DM-Pres...wsNoEditor.pak

Plz, try it and tell me what you think.

Update (12-23-15):

My map getting older

Spoiler

I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA ( https://www.unrealengine.com/eula ).
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NKos; 12-23-2015, 11:42 AM. Reason: Update 12-23-15

I feel like it should be a bit darker and dirtier, but so far an excellent start. I look forward to giving this a whirl,

Comment

Originally posted by mastrok View Post
      I feel like it should be a bit darker and dirtier, but so far an excellent start. I look forward to giving this a whirl,
      Agreed, not sure the overly clean and whiteish meshes of outpost suit this map. You probably need darker, more modern industrial than sci-fi industrial meshes.
      RASTE IN PEACE !
      Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
      Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Thank you guys.
        Yes it will be darker and "older" when i will be satisfied with overall meshing.
        And i will add a lot of rust, particles, puddles, etc., since this is abandoned base.

Comment

amount of hours i have spent on this map, it better be good.

sad that rankin never got good remake :c

Comment

Hi NKos,

played some rounds 4v4 TDM against bots on your map and first impression is quite good, bringing back some old memories, yeah .! I found that so far you seem to have adjusted some of the upper routes/paths to be heigher compared to the original, to adjust for the lift jump options of the new UT. Works quite well from my experience. I remember I struggeled on one of two jumps, but i need to verify to give detailed feedback.

Also like the reverb/hall sound chage for all effects when being in the preassure chamber, unforunately bots are too dump to operate/understand the trap management the trap right now. Not sure if the necessary 'bot intelligence enhancement' could be archived with a blueprint... maybe something to adress to Epic devs. Besides that, bots play quite good in that map!

As mentioned by the other guys, I found the illumination and textures you used so far in some areas kind of inconsitent/strange between the different map rooms. Basically all the connection-tunnels seem to be too dark, please ad more static/stationary lights in there (ceiling, floor?), maybe also in the pressure chamber (what about having a few flickering stationary lights in there to make it more claustrophobic). And as mentioned, the shock room looks to 'clean'. But i believe you're just in the beginning of meshing and illuminating this correctly. Will provide some more feedback on jumps/movements after playing a bit more intense ...

Anyway, thanks to this one!
            Last edited by Mr Van; 12-22-2015, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Hi Mr Van!

Thank you for such detailed response.

About textures, lights, etc. - its all in progress...
              For now I only finished BASIC meshing of room with trap and main corridor (almost).
              The trap chamber itself, underwater area, tunnels and the other room (with Bio Rifle now and Ripper in UT99) are only BSP to understand main shape.
              And ofcourse i will mesh all of those areas.

As for bots - yes, they dont use button and i dont know how make them do that.
              I think its not done yet in AI logic at all, but I can be wrong
              If so correct me someone, plz.

As for jumps - I'm not such skilled player to do all of those DodgeDoubleLiftJumps so there i need some help with testing.

Comment

He is a cool Idea the Map Underwater cool Idea

Comment

Originally posted by Chris UT4 View Post
                  cool Idea
                  Thank you

Little update - see 1st post

Comment

V2

Wanted to play v. 2 but the map doesn't appear in the map list, any idea ???
                    Stevie's corner Maps, DM-Akar A1, DM-Aryth R1, DM-Aly R1, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta Links, All UT4 CTF custom maps, All UT4 remakes, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

the link doesnt work anymore

Comment

ThePacificgamer, in any case you would not be able to play the map - they have to be repackaged for each new public build of the game.
                        "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
                        - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Ok thanks!

Comment

Nice to see some remakes of old maps. Today it is 1st Oct 2017, drawing near to the end of 2017 and the actual pvp people are playing some gay looking overwatch style map, it looks awful with low detail plain textures.. Where are Unreal maps??? What is going on..or are these players just using crappy PC rigs that cannot handle the proper UE4 built maps?

Comment

i cant seem to download the pak, can someone post a mediafire link or something?

Comment

Working...
                              X