DM-Apathy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] DM-Apathy

Originally released for UT2004 and later updated for UT3 I am now adding a new features for UT4.

The new movement developments have encouraged me to incorporate them into the map,
    by tweaking a few areas and adding completely new sections, the choke points have been removed and the map has a more dynamic flow.

The latest Video shows the changes made from Alpha3a to Alpha3n
    It also has 3 minutes of gameplay at the end so you can get a feel for how it plays.

It has full bot support and they do a rather good job on masterful and above.

DOWNLOAD LINK Alpha3n
    https://ut.rushbase.net/Flylikeamous...wsNoEditor.pak

Future Plans and recent changes

• Lighting too dark in the tunnels. [Map is now brighter in the enclosed areas]
    • Flack tunnel is small and too linear. [Jump pad with access to Sniper area for more fluid gameplay]

I am aware that some of the walls may appear bland and un-interesting in the alpha state.
    I intend the map to be mostly indoor and fairly grime ridden.
    Expect some slightly more aesthetic wall filler.
    The previous maps have had a factory type setting but I might steer away from that for this iteration.

Hopefully it will get used as a Duel and TDM 2v2 map.
    It works well with between 2 and 6 players. 8 at a push.

Thank you for the comments so far and DutchSmoke for hosting.

For any admins that might want it on a server...

Map save file location
    UnrealTournament\Content\Maps\DM-Apathy-Alpha3n.umap

Pak name
    DM-Apathy-Alpha3n-WindowsNoEditor.pak

MD5#
    955284d7bd4b91d29afaf216d974ae13

Alpha2 Video

Alpha2 Screenshots.

If you would like to see what it might look like in later stages, have a look at the screenshots for the UT3 version here.
    https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...dated-21-07-08

All feedback is useful to me. If you dont like something, tell me about it.
    There is a good chance many people feel the same way and I can change it for something better.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Flylikeamouse; 01-14-2016, 10:49 AM.

Looks cool.

Comment

looks like rebember a tatooine .. ..nice!
      https://multiplayerforums.com/upload...af0ef5eced.png
      Evil map pack UT3 | DM-Hard Dome | DM-Blackrock | DM-Datacore | DM-StroggArk | DM-Bunker

Comment

Looks great! Nice layout

Only thing I can suggest from the footage is to add lighting to the inside as it seems really dark.
        Win 10
        iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)
        3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
        32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
        NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Maps:
        DM-RadioActive (Work In progress) DM-Ethos (WIP) DM-QWERTY (WIP) DM-TwinFalls(WIP)
        2k4 DM-MoonGames, DM-Abrenabba, DM-Aphelion, DM-Pyrimid-Of-Gold, DM-UPH-Hexed, Dm-Saint, DM-LethalAdixion, DM-C4-Ariza, Dm-C4-SleepyTomb,

Comment

Very nice

Layout is cool and the item balance seems solid. I'd agree with effects69 about the lighting though, it's way too dark in there :P
          :|

Comment

BiGUp for putting your work up Flylikeamouse! Locked & loaded onto the LoPing Arena server for your enjoyment!

Comment

Thanks for the upload DutchSmoke.

Alpha3n is now ready to play.
              It has some huge bsp improvements. Roof and walls have been 'completed', as far as alpha is concerned.
              No more long dark dark tunnels, better Z axis around the flack cannon.
              A few meshes added in and an overall lighting improvement.

The youtube video is a little dark compared to how it looks in game.

Comment

Hi, I have an idea for the map size would make a good underwater laboratory proposed for the many windows in the ceiling

Comment

BiGUp for the update Flylikeamouse! Reloaded & Locked on the LoPing for your enjoyment!

Comment

Working...
                  X