Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-Blackrock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [PROTOTYPE] DM-Blackrock

    Version 10

    _ Change in all lighting including directional light removal and changes in sky light settings
    _ Change in fog setting from 0.0002 to 0.0005 that left the level with a bit more fog
    _Added custom sky (no sun due to the removal of directional light) _ Change of floor material
    _Manual change of most surfaces
    _ Change in points of light (nothing changed in intensity only in color .. some darker ones not)
    _ Added dimanic lights on the floor in the shiny static meshes and in the lamps
    _ Change of some materials in some static meshes
    _Added volume of light importance
    _remotion of some static meshes that were unaffected by the level
    _ Adjustment of some static meshes on the floor and in the fontal room (flak cannon)
    _ Adjustment of the geometry in some points
    _ Complete removal of objects that simulated physics (they were in place without simulation activation)
    _remotion of all reflection capture boxes leaving only one reflex capture sphere at the center of the level with The default brightness setting
    _ Increase the size of the map to another 10% (using the "map scaler" plugin) to better serve the "deathmatch"

    In my opinion the map has a much better visibility compared to its previous version The contrast from the outside with a little more brightness in my view was beautiful, by making the dark surfaces reflect the light The adjustment of some points in the geometry, removal of some meshes, readjustment of some other meshes, and removal of the boxes of reflexes were Much needed to improve the visual .The 10% increase in map size was necessary for deathmatch mode, this feedback was passed on to me through my friend Dutchsmoke But in the near future I can increase to 20%, what I do not want to do is make it too big to the point where the riders are wide and disproportionate to the point of the "duel" Become obsolete or tedious ... we should test Good game


    GG to all! cya!



    Thanks to all support and feedback

    Download Blackrock from multiplayer data base







    Screens









    I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA ( https://www.unrealengine.com/eula ).


    Hope u enjoy and good game..any sugestions leave your coment!
    Last edited by SymphonyheLL; 03-30-2017, 01:51 PM.
    https://multiplayerforums.com/upload...af0ef5eced.png
    Evil map pack UT3 | DM-Hard Dome | DM-Blackrock | DM-Datacore | DM-StroggArk | DM-Bunker

  • #2
    I like the daytime look. The sort of 'dirty, grungy' look makes this map really stand out, I like the mesh work as well.

    If you are open to suggestions or criticism, I can offer some.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
      I like the daytime look. The sort of 'dirty, grungy' look makes this map really stand out, I like the mesh work as well.

      If you are open to suggestions or criticism, I can offer some.

      ok man ..give me ..all sugestions criticism can help me
      https://multiplayerforums.com/upload...af0ef5eced.png
      Evil map pack UT3 | DM-Hard Dome | DM-Blackrock | DM-Datacore | DM-StroggArk | DM-Bunker

      Comment


      • #4
        change from night do day, is good idea, but still problems with contrast and lighing. I cant in fast time decide where should i look and whati should to do
        https://www.twitch.tv/designerued - stream - maps, models, environment.
        https://mymeshes.wordpress.com/ - blog - 3d modeling, tutorials, lifestyle

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by -Designer- View Post
          change from night do day, is good idea, but still problems with contrast and lighing. I cant in fast time decide where should i look and whati should to do
          i'm work it ..shadows so much darkness ..and light so much intense ..but im final version i hope to solve
          https://multiplayerforums.com/upload...af0ef5eced.png
          Evil map pack UT3 | DM-Hard Dome | DM-Blackrock | DM-Datacore | DM-StroggArk | DM-Bunker

          Comment


          • #6
            Cool no Link Gun this Map has not all UT Weapons very cool

            WoW keine Link Gun in dieser Map daher hat sie nicht alle UT Waffen sehr cool

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Chris UT4 View Post
              Cool no Link Gun this Map has not all UT Weapons very cool

              WoW keine Link Gun in dieser Map daher hat sie nicht alle UT Waffen sehr cool
              hahaha nice sarcasm ..but no have link gun sorry! ( very small map for place all wepows)
              https://multiplayerforums.com/upload...af0ef5eced.png
              Evil map pack UT3 | DM-Hard Dome | DM-Blackrock | DM-Datacore | DM-StroggArk | DM-Bunker

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SymphonyheLL View Post
                ok man ..give me ..all sugestions criticism can help me
                No probs.

                The first thing I think of when I see this map is its either a REALLY big space-bathroom or it is a futuristic prison colony. having a set 'theme' will really help get the decoration and feel of the map out there and change it from 'pretty good' to 'awesome!' I would like to see LESS repeating detail and tiled textures, and more clear focus on the player pathways and floorspace.

                The white+black look is REALLY stressful to look at, as my eyes cant really rest or follow a path, my first suggestion is to edit the shaders to make the 'black' details more of a 'muddy grey', this will help reduce eyestrain. A big downside to this is that it will also reduce detail, making the map seem really flat, thats why you want to have a theme sorted out, as you will want to add a LOT more structural meshes to this map before you call it done.

                Some pictures for concept/inspiration:

                This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

                This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

                This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

                Try to add a more industrial, machined look to your map, expose some raw metal and play with the theme. Make every walkway and wall have a purpose.

                And most of all, keep showing us progress!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by KazeoHin-TechAE View Post
                  No probs.

                  The first thing I think of when I see this map is its either a REALLY big space-bathroom or it is a futuristic prison colony. having a set 'theme' will really help get the decoration and feel of the map out there and change it from 'pretty good' to 'awesome!' I would like to see LESS repeating detail and tiled textures, and more clear focus on the player pathways and floorspace.

                  The white+black look is REALLY stressful to look at, as my eyes cant really rest or follow a path, my first suggestion is to edit the shaders to make the 'black' details more of a 'muddy grey', this will help reduce eyestrain. A big downside to this is that it will also reduce detail, making the map seem really flat, thats why you want to have a theme sorted out, as you will want to add a LOT more structural meshes to this map before you call it done.

                  Some pictures for concept/inspiration:

                  This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

                  This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

                  This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

                  Try to add a more industrial, machined look to your map, expose some raw metal and play with the theme. Make every walkway and wall have a purpose.

                  And most of all, keep showing us progress!
                  very thanks man ..i no have thing about contrast of white and black ..and ocular stress..i what find harmonic colors ..my first version of this map ..was so

                  Black rock in ut3




                  I try to find same atmosphere in black rock from ut3 ..this is my intention ..
                  and read u tips ..this make me confirm

                  thanks for advance cya bro!
                  https://multiplayerforums.com/upload...af0ef5eced.png
                  Evil map pack UT3 | DM-Hard Dome | DM-Blackrock | DM-Datacore | DM-StroggArk | DM-Bunker

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    hahaha nice sarcasm ..but no have link gun sorry! ( very small map for place all wepows)

                    i will not all weapons on the Maps your Map is the first with not all Weapons is cool my Friend

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Chris UT4 View Post
                      hahaha nice sarcasm ..but no have link gun sorry! ( very small map for place all wepows)

                      i will not all weapons on the Maps your Map is the first with not all Weapons is cool my Friend
                      yeah bro ..i no place link gun ..this is stay spam of wepows a ton
                      https://multiplayerforums.com/upload...af0ef5eced.png
                      Evil map pack UT3 | DM-Hard Dome | DM-Blackrock | DM-Datacore | DM-StroggArk | DM-Bunker

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Nice map, It's fun for playing duels.

                        Some tips for your visuals. Sry no overpaint images (photoshop expired).

                        - Your map suffers from having overdetailed materials despite not being detailed mesh wise. What I mean is that every possible mesh surface of your map has some kind of cool overly detailed sci fi pattern. All these horizontal and vertical lines collide with each other and this causes eye strain and readability issues. You have a uniform placement of detail everywhere. What you should strive for ideally is a non-uniform placement of detail.

                        This fancy box thing I found on the interwebs is a good example. It contains a lot of nice details but it also has some calmer parts in its design. The bare plates and the lid for example aren't as noisy and they make the inner framework details stand out more. This box has a non-uniform placement of detail. This means that some parts are not as detailed as others. You can tackle your map the same way as designing this box.

                        - Replacing your floors with a simpler material would probably already help a lot. Like a simple white matte or shiny flooring with only trims (read: details) at doorframes, ramps, etc...

                        - Since you are going for the monochrome look. I find it weird that you have areas where you have those red and blue coloured panels mixed together. As a suggestion maybe you can seperate them in two areas.
                        e.g: Having a red and blue zone. This improves readability and your map will have more distinct visual landmarks that way.


                        I hope you can understand this
                        Attached Files
                        Portfolio: Daan Meysman
                        3D asset artist @ at Guerrilla Cambridge
                        DM-Terraform

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Nepfish View Post
                          Nice map, It's fun for playing duels.

                          Some tips for your visuals. Sry no overpaint images (photoshop expired).

                          - Your map suffers from having overdetailed materials despite not being detailed mesh wise. What I mean is that every possible mesh surface of your map has some kind of cool overly detailed sci fi pattern. All these horizontal and vertical lines collide with each other and this causes eye strain and readability issues. You have a uniform placement of detail everywhere. What you should strive for ideally is a non-uniform placement of detail.

                          This fancy box thing I found on the interwebs is a good example. It contains a lot of nice details but it also has some calmer parts in its design. The bare plates and the lid for example aren't as noisy and they make the inner framework details stand out more. This box has a non-uniform placement of detail. This means that some parts are not as detailed as others. You can tackle your map the same way as designing this box.

                          - Replacing your floors with a simpler material would probably already help a lot. Like a simple white matte or shiny flooring with only trims (read: details) at doorframes, ramps, etc...

                          - Since you are going for the monochrome look. I find it weird that you have areas where you have those red and blue coloured panels mixed together. As a suggestion maybe you can seperate them in two areas.
                          e.g: Having a red and blue zone. This improves readability and your map will have more distinct visual landmarks that way.


                          I hope you can understand this
                          Thank u bro ..i change all materials of map ..change all expressive lights ..if visual problen persist ..i will change meshes ..

                          cya bro!
                          https://multiplayerforums.com/upload...af0ef5eced.png
                          Evil map pack UT3 | DM-Hard Dome | DM-Blackrock | DM-Datacore | DM-StroggArk | DM-Bunker

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hey guys ..after some days ..i find harmonic lights ..and shadows ..
                            i change all material and remove overdetail ..change lights ..change fogenv ..change post processing ..etc..
                            this is result ..

                            https://multiplayerforums.com/upload...af0ef5eced.png
                            Evil map pack UT3 | DM-Hard Dome | DM-Blackrock | DM-Datacore | DM-StroggArk | DM-Bunker

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by SymphonyheLL View Post
                              Hey guys ..after some days ..i find harmonic lights ..and shadows ..
                              i change all material and remove overdetail ..change lights ..change fogenv ..change post processing ..etc..
                              this is result ..

                              This looks great, also like the Rocks in the Background

                              Just saw that you also made the Evil Map Pack for UT 3 --> niceness, I remember those maps/Castles.
                              If I recall correctly, in one Castle you even had a Vehicle on the Roof...
                              WIP - Maps (UT - Build 0.1.12.1): https://goo.gl/v8ze8Y
                              Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/barsam2a

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X