DM-Ethos (WIP)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Niceness effects69!, reloaded onto the LoPing for your enjoyment. What happened to the wait till next build? (Rethorical question)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    DM-Ethos-V3

New version is up, I can't be bothered to wait for the new update, But I will of course upload a new version once it comes out, and once I work out if I need to rescale anything. I just realized I forgot to update the screen shot.

I've added 2 jump pads, put rocks back on the island and done some minor BPS adjustments.

I need to know if I should keep the island or trash it.

Enjoy!

Attached Files
    Last edited by effects69; 01-31-2016, 06:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've made some changes, but I'm gonna wait until the next build before I release it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't see any new build yet.. Did we just get one?

Originally posted by Chris UT4 View Post
    is this sure with the new Build?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    is this sure with the new Build?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Gonna try get a new build up by tomorrow night (the 27 )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thx again man!

Yeah I was actually thinking about adding some jump pads to get back n forth, I will give that a try next build

Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
    Highly appreciated effort there effects69! Now with the island added I think's it's pointless as well to open up the 2nd levels but will add that I personally like the island. Maybe an option to have a big-ol jump pad(or 2) launch to & fro instead of so many teleports (probably the reason why bots tend to stick there)? I'm sure others enjoy clay shooting on maps as much as I do

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by effects69 View Post
    I tried making the top ledges accessible, but it just made the map unbalanced, who ever gets up high first dominates the whole match.
    Highly appreciated effort there effects69! Now with the island added I think's it's pointless as well to open up the 2nd levels but will add that I personally like the island. Maybe an option to have a big-ol jump pad(or 2) launch to & fro instead of so many teleports (probably the reason why bots tend to stick there)? I'm sure others enjoy clay shooting on maps as much as I do

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I tried making the top ledges accessible, but it just made the map unbalanced, who ever gets up high first dominates the whole match.

Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
    I'm starting to get some "vacation vibes" again after seeing that progress shot & after some killer bash's on it some thoughts;

This nice sunset is kinda hidden over here, maybe rotating it around so that it's (off)centered behind the plank with the invis/keg of life?

Have you considered making these areas playable? Maybe some sniper ammo paks on the dotted spot

Keep up the GoodWorks effects69!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the great feedback

Tbh I'm not sure I like the island being there at all, I just added it to make the map a bit bigger. My main focus on this map was for a fast frag fest designed to work well for regular weapons and instagib.

I did make the island out of rocks the first time around, but I had some problems with the rock meshes so took them out again.
    I wanted to make it all pretty much on one level with (as you mentioned) some vertical drops to reduce the line of sight)
    There is a list jump to the belt and up over the wall + there is a double damage ion the map too, you have to rocked jump or impact hammer jump to it. I figured the player should lose some health if they want to gain power on such a small map.

Originally posted by tidu View Post
    Hey effects, I like the map the main arena is pretty solid, I think the vertical drops help reduce the line of sight a bit. I didn't feel like I was getting sniped by bots the whole time. There's also at least one dodge jump to the belt which is nice.

I think you have too many spawn points on the little island, more often than not the bots were just fighting each other out there and the main arena was empty. To be honest I think you could get away with no spawn points on the island. The water damage is a little much considering how easy it is to walk in. Maybe if the island had a sharp dropoff into the water (rocks, etc) the player would understand they shouldn't go in there. Good luck

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The map is exactly like the picture as it's a direct screenshot of the map itself.

Originally posted by Chris UT4 View Post
    The Map is not like in the picture to the map why?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey effects, I like the map the main arena is pretty solid, I think the vertical drops help reduce the line of sight a bit. I didn't feel like I was getting sniped by bots the whole time. There's also at least one dodge jump to the belt which is nice.

I think you have too many spawn points on the little island, more often than not the bots were just fighting each other out there and the main arena was empty. To be honest I think you could get away with no spawn points on the island. The water damage is a little much considering how easy it is to walk in. Maybe if the island had a sharp dropoff into the water (rocks, etc) the player would understand they shouldn't go in there. Good luck

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The Map is not like in the picture to the map why?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oops! Thx for letting me know!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Spawning in the air
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X